PDA

View Full Version : 2 Children Shot in the chest 65th/International (E.14th) Oakland

MrSigmaDOT40
04-25-2009, 2:37 PM
If this is in the wrong place mods please move. Please merge with official news when available.

Reliable soource in the city:

Information as of now is two (about)3 year olds shot in the chest at little Caesars pizza with possible 3rd adult victim. Suspect(s) still at large.

Also unrelated shooting at or near Univ. on CNN, I missed the location but it said 3 shot by professor.

Dr Rockso
04-25-2009, 2:47 PM
Also unrelated shooting at or near Univ. on CNN, I missed the location but it said 3 shot by professor.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iw8wxkpeLufk-1Be-7iJBhA344iAD97PNIFO1

StudioDison
04-25-2009, 4:09 PM
I can belive something like that could happen in such a nice place.

oldrifle
04-25-2009, 4:37 PM
I don't really get why someone posts here every time a gun crime is committed/reported... even stuff that happens out of state. Gun crimes don't have any more to do with me as a gun owner than hit and runs have to do with me as a car owner. Shootings are nothing new and there are idiots everywhere who hurt others. Just not really sure how this pertains to the law and politics.

EDIT: Is the point to promote concealed carry? Because I would have put a bullet in the guy after he shot one kid, maybe even before if I had the the chance, had I been there with a gun and was able to take the guy out.

Joe
04-25-2009, 5:14 PM
If you don't think it affects you then you are being naive. The media and politicians use events just like this to take your rights away.

RRangel
04-25-2009, 5:45 PM
I don't really get why someone posts here every time a gun crime is committed/reported... even stuff that happens out of state. Gun crimes don't have any more to do with me as a gun owner than hit and runs have to do with me as a car owner. Shootings are nothing new and there are idiots everywhere who hurt others. Just not really sure how this pertains to the law and politics.

EDIT: Is the point to promote concealed carry? Because I would have put a bullet in the guy after he shot one kid, maybe even before if I had the the chance, had I been there with a gun and was able to take the guy out.

My thoughts exactly. As if gun owners should be hanging on every event that the media chooses to sensationalize. These reported crimes are a statistical drop in the bucket, meanwhile the millions of defensive uses of a firearms are never touched. How many times have firearms saved citizens' lives this year?

BillCA
04-25-2009, 6:00 PM
Almost 3-1/2 hours after the OP and no mention on SFgate.com, KCBS, KGO or KRON as news. There is mention of the east coast shooting by the professor however.

And "Golden Girls" Bea Arthur has died at 86.

***UPDATE***
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19291292/detail.html

Mid-Day Shooting Leaves Boy, 14, Girl, 4, Injured

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A 4-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were shot in Oakland Saturday afternoon, according to the Police Department.

The shooting occurred at just after two Saturday afternoon when a gun fight broke out on the streets near the intersection of 65th Street and International Blvd.

Witnesses say a woman and two children were crossing the street when gunfire erupted.

“They all started shooting,” said one witness. “All I hear is the mama yelling, 'Get the baby! Get the baby!'"

The two injured children were transported to a local hospital and are expected to survive, the officer said. He did not have suspect information.

At least a dozen bullet casings were found at the scene.

BigDogatPlay
04-25-2009, 6:49 PM
And the bangers doing the shooting, apparently, didn't hit each other.

Soooooo typical.

oldrifle
04-25-2009, 7:22 PM
If you don't think it affects you then you are being naive. The media and politicians use events just like this to take your rights away.

They aren't taking my rights away on CalGuns... how is talking about this stuff here going to prevent them from taking my rights away? I'd rather focus on information relating to them taking my rights away rather than how some idiot psychopath chose to misuse a gun.

jamesob
04-25-2009, 8:11 PM
only if there was some kind of law to keep these weapons out of the hands of criminals.:shock:

BillCA
04-26-2009, 2:59 AM
They aren't taking my rights away on CalGuns... how is talking about this stuff here going to prevent them from taking my rights away? I'd rather focus on information relating to them taking my rights away rather than how some idiot psychopath chose to misuse a gun.

You're missing some of the point. By being aware of these incidents and knowing what happened, that puts you far ahead of the average soccer mom or anti-gun zealot who only hears the initial story.

Then, when they rant at you that guns should be illegal, you can ask them, "Since it's already illegal for criminals to obtain guns, specifically illegal for gang members to carry them in public, what makes you think they'd obey yet another law?" Or some similar comment.

cousinkix1953
04-26-2009, 5:49 AM
Almost 3-1/2 hours after the OP and no mention on SFgate.com, KCBS, KGO or KRON as news. There is mention of the east coast shooting by the professor however.

And "Golden Girls" Bea Arthur has died at 86.

***UPDATE***
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19291292/detail.html

Mid-Day Shooting Leaves Boy, 14, Girl, 4, Injured

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A 4-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were shot in Oakland Saturday afternoon, according to the Police Department.

The shooting occurred at just after two Saturday afternoon when a gun fight broke out on the streets near the intersection of 65th Street and International Blvd.

Witnesses say a woman and two children were crossing the street when gunfire erupted.

“They all started shooting,” said one witness. “All I hear is the mama yelling, 'Get the baby! Get the baby!'"

The two injured children were transported to a local hospital and are expected to survive, the officer said. He did not have suspect information.

At least a dozen bullet casings were found at the scene.
Still no mention of Nordyke on the radio or TV news in the SF Bay Area. It doesn't fit their anti-gun agenda!

I turned on KGO, just in time to hear an unimformed idiot demand that Kalifornia adopt mandatory hunter safety courses. This has been the law for decades; but John Rothmann lives in some kind of fantasy land. Christine Craft knows more about gun laws and Fish & Game regulations, than most of those liberals (with a weenie) on that crazy radio station...

JDoe
04-26-2009, 7:37 AM
I turned on KGO, just in time to hear an unimformed idiot demand that Kalifornia adopt mandatory hunter safety courses. This has been the law for decades; but John Rothmann lives in some kind of fantasy land. Christine Craft knows more about gun laws and Fish & Game regulations, than most of those liberals (with a weenie) on that crazy radio station...

Mandatory hunter education classes would be a good idea. As long as every person has to take them. Every person. :thumbsup:

cousinkix1953
04-26-2009, 6:46 PM
Remember that most of the KGO loons define the Second Amendment as your right to kill an animal! Hunter safety courses are mandatory if you want to exercise this privilege in Kalifornia...

hvengel
04-27-2009, 5:57 PM
Remember that most of the KGO loons define the Second Amendment as your right to kill an animal! Hunter safety courses are mandatory if you want to exercise this privilege in Kalifornia...

And just about every state. I took my first required hunter safety class in the early 1960's in North Dakota. So laws requiring hunter safety training have been around for at least 50 years and were originally put in place at the urging of the NRA.

GunSlinga
04-27-2009, 7:38 PM

Athens, Georgia. Prof still at large, see:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/27/georgia.shootings/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Seesm
04-28-2009, 12:06 AM

I agree.... idiots come in many colrs and sizes and they kill with all sorta of stuff, rope, knifes, swords, pencils, bic pens, pillows... :) CCW would help alot of bad stuff go away...

yellowfin
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Athens, Georgia. Prof still at large, see:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/27/georgia.shootings/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
Professors running amuck are a serious threat to this country, no doubt. Some of them are even deluded enough to try to rule us.