PDA

View Full Version : Shall Issue Ballot Proposition

Kicker0429
04-24-2009, 8:06 PM
. . .

ke6guj
04-24-2009, 8:09 PM
Its been brought up many times.

One major reason is that it would probably run $100+ million to promote the balllot, and even then, probably still lose based on the demographics.

DDT
04-24-2009, 8:15 PM
Fighting it judicially is cheaper and more certain to win our rights to bear arms back.

SwissFluCase
04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I have a problem subjecting a natural right to a majority vote. Such rights are beyond any law making authority. Hence the inclusion of the 2A. Fighting in the courts is really the best way to go.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

CHS
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
In our latest election Californian's chose to respect the rights of farm animals over gay fellow humans.

And you expect them to vote in your favor?

1BigPea
04-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I have a problem subjecting a natural right to a majority vote. Such rights are beyond any law making authority. Hence the inclusion of the 2A. Fighting in the courts is really the best way to go.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

I agree with this 110%.

Look who the great sheeple of CA have a record of voting into office, I don't want them deciding on my fundamental rights. Also the courts seem to be on our side more than ever right now.

Amacias805
04-25-2009, 12:01 AM
In our latest election Californian's chose to respect the rights of farm animals over gay fellow humans.

And you expect them to vote in your favor?

lmao... this is sad but true.

tombinghamthegreat
04-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Well this prop would be a bigger fiasco than prop 8 which cost 70+ million dollars overall....and odds are that a shall issue would lose in this state, the courts can do more faster and cheaper not to mention the courts ruling could last decades where a prop could last a year or two.

Holocanthus
04-25-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd rather have a proposition that held senators accountable to a felony for passing unconstitutional laws.

CCWFacts
04-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Not again...

This has been brought up so many times, it's a really bad idea.

nicki
04-25-2009, 5:41 PM
Shall issue on gun rights appeals to a very narrow segment of the population.

We will probably get court action and soon on this issue.

If we were to get involved in any prop however, I would suggest supporting a prop that deals with "equal rights" on all government issued licenses, permits and privileges.

Ironically, the opponents of Prop 8 may actually consider running something like this. Let them do the legwork, and then "shall issue" becomes a unintended consequence of equal rights for "Gays".:eek:

Nicki

DDT
04-25-2009, 9:14 PM

I can marry farm animals? Mooooooo.

avdrummerboy
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
While it does make sense, ballot initiatives would not be the best way to go on such an issue. Just look at prop 8 about gay marriage, it did pass, meaning that the common folk said no gay marriage, but the gays threw a conniption and overall it went nowhere. I do believe that there are enough anti gun folks who would suppress this to near nothingness wether it passed of not.