PDA

View Full Version : Event in Orange County: An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D. (Postponed to Sept '09)

OrangeCountyCCW
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
URGENT: Unfortunately, SAFE OC political action committee must postpone its event, "An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D.," which was scheduled for June 10th, to a date likely in September. The reason for this postponement is that SAFE OC had partnered with the Orange County chapter of the Federalist Society to bring Dr. Lott out from the University of Maryland -- and the Society must postpone its event with Dr. Lott which had been scheduled for earlier that day. At this point, the two groups are working together to reschedule their events for a date likely in September. We will send out more information shortly, and hope this minor setback does not dampen your support for CCW in Orange County.

-----
The SAFE OC political action committee is hosting "An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D., Author of 'More Guns, Less Crime'" on June 10, 2009.

Dr. Lott is a Senior Research Scientist at the University of Maryland, College Park, and is the author of the books "More Guns, Less Crime" and "The Bias Against Guns." Using statistical data from 1977 to 1994, his seminal work demonstrated that the lawful concealed carry of firearms decreases crime and promotes public safety.

Please see the attached flyer and registration form for more details. The evening will include a reception, dinner, and a talk by Dr. Lott on the subject of concealed carry. All proceeds will go to support SAFE OC's efforts to elect a pro-CCW Sheriff in Orange County. Thank you.

Liberty1
04-24-2009, 1:08 PM
btt...

1923mack
04-24-2009, 3:39 PM
A nice idea, but $250 per head is a bit steep.

ZUMNDAD
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM

I hear that...but how much do you think an evening with a person of this caliber should run?

Think about this. With the coming elections...the information this man can impart will help you in any conversation with even the most liberal of liberals. Seriously. The good Dr. is world reknown for his research in this field.

It seems to me that $250 to spend an evening is a bargain - relatively speaking. Especially at a smallish venue like the Pacific Club. Most of the rooms seat something like 40 people.

Thanks SafeOC...I'm there. :thumbsup:

glockwise2000
04-25-2009, 6:35 AM

Most of OCs resident are filthy rich. Rich people make a lot bucks. Their bucks are being transported regularly and therefore needs to protect their investments or hard earn bucks.

OC residents this is your opportunity to support the cause for a pro-CCW sheriff. :thumbsup: Wish we have one in LA.

demnogis
04-25-2009, 10:10 AM
I would like to attend but I don't know about the price. I am curious what the OC policy would be...

OrangeCountyCCW
04-25-2009, 10:38 AM
No open carry, please. First, SAFE OC is working for restoration of CCW issuance; we are not an open carry organization. (That doesn't mean we don't understand the open carry position, and arguments for it, but that is not our work.) Second, the event is being held at a private club and open carry would not be permitted.

ZUMNDAD
04-26-2009, 3:26 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/zumndad/bumpit.gif

m0topilot
05-06-2009, 5:21 PM
This guy is not only pro 2nd Ammendment, but he is an economist that has very sound criticism about Obama and his economic policies. I'm going to try to go and see him.

He was on Coast-to-coast AM the other night and I stayed glued to the radio for 3 hours - very informative!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/05/03

ldivinag
05-06-2009, 5:54 PM
he visited my work last year to give a talk about his new book FREEDOM-NOMICS...

i'll see if it can put up the video of his talk.

Window_Seat
05-10-2009, 5:40 PM
I was privilaged to listen to Dr. Lott on Coast to Coast AM on 2 occasions, and I have an even greater pleasure of being able to podcast his guest appearances on the program and listen to it over & over again!:thumbsup::patriot:

Erik.

Lancear15
05-15-2009, 11:03 AM
If you haven't read his book "More Guns, Less Crime" you are missing out. Indisputable evidence that more guns in society means less hot crimes. As a matter of fact this is a reminder to me to RE-read it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://books.google.com/books?id=K6dIvTFsDMkC&dq=more+guns+less+crime&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=JbwNSoDXLY_stgP8uI3wAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#PPP1,M1

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OrangeCountyCCW
05-26-2009, 6:11 AM
Unfortunately, SAFE OC political action committee must postpone its event, "An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D.," which was scheduled for June 10th, to a date likely in September. The reason for this postponement is that SAFE OC had partnered with the Orange County chapter of the Federalist Society to bring Dr. Lott out from the University of Maryland -- and the Society must postpone its event with Dr. Lott which had been scheduled for earlier that day.

At this point, the two groups are working together to reschedule their events for a date likely in September. We will send out more information shortly, and hope this minor setback does not dampen your support for CCW in Orange County.

For those of you who have registered for the June 10th event, SAFE OC will contact you personally to arrange for a refund of your registration fee if desired.

N6ATF
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Should this thread maybe be unstuck until August, or at the very least the title changed to reflect the postponement?