View Full Version : Have you contacted legislation about gun laws recently?

04-24-2009, 9:25 AM
This thread is a spinoff from http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176315 and designed to simply count how many people had contacted our legislative branch about latest gun laws. This is an attempt to disprove the official "469" number of supporter for AB357 and to collect (non-scientific) statistics for a few other bills:

AB357 - CCW "Shall issue" reform (SUPPORT).
AB962 - ammunition sales restrictions (OPPOSE).
SB585 - ban gun shows in Cow Palace (OPPOSE).

Poll assumes that all responded people were supporting AB357 and opposing the rest.

04-24-2009, 9:35 AM
Assembly woman is a Dem. " I support the Second Ammendment but...." is the reply. :mad:

04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Assembly woman is a Dem. " I support the Second Ammendment but...." is the reply. :mad:

everyone supports the second amendment. just some more than others lol. :p

04-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Not to thread jack, but I liked Jeff Denham's reply to my email. Sure, it's more than likely a generic reply, but still...

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senate Bill 585, which would ban gun shows at the Cow Palace.

Current law already extensively regulates gun shows. From the requirement that all firearms transfers at a gun show or event be in accordance with applicable state and federal laws to the requirement that vendors and employees of vendors must wear name tags, gun show producers are subject to numerous duties and tasks that precede, run concurrent to, and follow an event.

SB 585 is just another bill that attacks lawful gun owners instead of stopping the criminals that commit gun violence. Banning lawfully operated gun shows simply because of their proximity to neighborhoods that experience violence will do little to reduce that violence.

Please be assured that I share your concerns and will keep them in mind should this measure come before me for a vote on the Senate Floor.

Again, thank you for taking the time to inform me of your views.

Senator, 12th District

04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I sent faxes and emails for support of AB 357. And, sent fax and email against AB 962.

But SB585 goes to committee next week, so I will fax and email (to the committee directly) my opposition this weekend.

B Strong
04-24-2009, 5:35 PM
I write letters, send them snail mail, and I'm sure they're all sick of seeing my return address on the envelope.

04-25-2009, 4:40 PM
Not too many people responeded.
Either CalGunners didn't vote on this poll or it does not look too good... :(

04-25-2009, 4:44 PM
Assembly woman is a Dem. " I support the Second Ammendment but...." is the reply.

You get a response?

They generally ignore me...:mad::mad: