PDA

View Full Version : On my 10 Day waiting period.....

tools2teach
04-24-2009, 8:17 AM
I am going to the desert for a day of shooting, however my complete AR is held hostage until my 10 days are up. My question is, would it be alright for me to take the upper and leave the lower receiver until my waiting period is over?

high_revs
04-24-2009, 8:44 AM
i don't see any reason why you can't bring your upper with you and attach it to a different lower, unless your FLL has the upper in the 10day wait also. not sure what the rules are on that (breaking it apart from the FFL to take the one that doesn't need 10-day wait). i don't think i've read that being done yet as most probably would've asked the shipper to send the upper and lower separately (former to you, latter to ffl)

Teeznutz
04-24-2009, 8:47 AM
Interesting ???.... Your FFL shouldn't have any problem with it.......

rbetts
04-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I usually log in a "Rifle" in my Bound Book (per the ATF) even for a receiver. So to me, as long as I am holding the offending piece, you can have the rest.

An upper ain'ta rifle, it's just a barrell and an upper receiver. You should be good to go. IMHO

ripcurlksm
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
it always seems to me like the ffl would want to hold the entire gun -- if your background check failed, they would be stuck with just the lower.. not saying that would be the case but it makes cents

drummerchris
04-30-2009, 8:33 PM
Yeah, dude. The upper has no serial number and is considered to be just parts. You should have no problem with that. I urge anyone DROSing a modular weapon to keep all parts not associated with the serial number.

drummerchris
04-30-2009, 8:35 PM
If the FFL does have a problem with your dros.... You can at least sell the upper and recoup some of your money.