PDA

View Full Version : Need AC installation, Fremont

dwtt
04-23-2009, 7:54 PM
Hi everyone,
I know Redneckshootist does AC and HVAC work, but Fremont might be a bit too far for him, so I'll put this out for anyone in the bay area. Of course if Matt wanted to drive all the way out to Fremont, I'll work with him. :)

I have an old house that doesn't have AC and I would like to install AC to make the house more attractive to potential renters. I have seen some of those TRANE units that sit on the ground outside the house and wondered if there would be a good type of AC to install. I'm looking for something that can cool the 3 bedrooms and living room, but don't want to install anything onto the roof. PM me if you have any ideas on what would work and would like to set up a time to come out and see our rental. I'm becoming a slum lord! :)

exnickoh
04-23-2009, 9:19 PM
hey dwtt
I am a HVAC service tech in Long Beach area. As summer comes around you will find that alot of AC companies raise their rates due to the high volume of work that comes with summer. But what you are going to need to find out is square footage of the rooms that you want cold, this will determine how big of and AC you will need. Hope that helped any questions post them here or send me a PM

Nick

redneckshootist
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Im at oaklanders house right now. got a job in the next couple of weeks in concord, and vallejo, fremont aint that much further. Ill do it for a calgunner.;)

dwtt
04-25-2009, 8:54 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll measure the size of the rooms and get an idea of how much a/c I might need.

Fjold
04-25-2009, 9:30 PM
You also need to figure out where you want the ductwork to run.

redneckshootist
04-25-2009, 9:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll measure the size of the rooms and get an idea of how much a/c I might need.

I will do a load calculation when I come over for the bid;)