View Full Version : NEEDED- AK Gunbuilder/Smith

04-23-2009, 3:17 PM
I have what used to be a MAK90 but is now a non functioning Kalifornia legal AK clone.

I've posted for help before but now have gone without this rifle for way too long! I really need someone that can rip into this thing and get it to work!

Problem- The bolt does not hit the cartridge on the back; to guide it into place. Sometimes it misses the cartridge all together, but usually it just hits it and manages to shove it forward a little bit and jam against it.

Will pay good $$ to get this thing working again...anyone???

04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
if you were in the bay area i may be able to show you what to do exactly (i cant touch it physically because its a banned model) but i can show you what to do exactly, if you ever come up this way that is.

04-24-2009, 6:16 AM
Why would it still be considered a banned model? It has all of the new listed US parts including a new receiver. I took a saw to the old MAK receiver long ago. If nobody local gets the job done...I would consider the drive to the bay area.

04-24-2009, 8:07 AM
ahhh I see, then yes anyone with the skills and tools can touch it aslong as you're there. If you dont find anyone to help you out, just keep me in mind.

04-24-2009, 8:12 AM
I bet you have the wrong (or old style) trigger.

Does the hook on your trigger stick up almost into the path of the bolt? If so, get rid of the trigger and get a new tapco. easy to replace.

04-24-2009, 3:19 PM
I have all new Tapco Trigger group...

04-24-2009, 3:21 PM
We will be taking builds and repairs in a few weeks if you can wait.

04-25-2009, 3:19 PM
One person PM'd me, but if he doesn't end up wanting to do it...I might just bring it up!

I'm seriously sick of this situation! This rifle has been out of commission for too long and I have invested WAY too much money in legalizing it!!! Before Kalifoniaizing it...I never had one misload or misfilre in this rifle. I took a perfectly good rifle, sawed it in half, rebuilt with 'friendly' parts and now it doesn't work...this is just BS! I'm ready for someone that can make this rigle reliable again!

We will be taking builds and repairs in a few weeks if you can wait.

05-02-2009, 1:47 PM
i feel like this is a problem with your magazine not sitting high enough, PICS would certainly help.