PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the most accurate .22 Revolver on the DOJ List

IDPA4U
04-23-2009, 1:50 PM
After handling a Freedom Arms Single Action Competition .22 I've been thinking about getting a very accurate .22 handgun. Though I've lusted over S&W 41s and some of the Olympic style pistols, the idea of a very accurate revolver for Silhouette, hunting, and long range plinking just sounds like a good way to support the economy. I would really like a revolver that can hold its own with say an accurized 10/22 out to 100 yards. While I'm pretty sure the Freedom Arms could do it, I'm wondering if their are some options that aren't as close to the $2K mark.

Thanks In Advance

22popnsplat
04-23-2009, 3:53 PM
I have a thompson contender pistol with 14 inch match barrel that will do 5 shot 50 meter groups under 1/2 inch on a reqular basis . that should hang with most of the tricked out 10/22s .

SmithAndJohnson
04-23-2009, 8:45 PM
I don't want to get into the pre-lock, pre-MIM debate. I understand a lot of people are very passionate about it, they're entitled to their opinions, and I'm not going to change any of their minds.

That said, I have a post-MIM, 6" 617 with internal lock. Made in 2007. MIM or no-MIM, it's still a heavy tank. The lock is ignorable on it and my two other S&W revolvers that have them.

And the 617 is a frigging tack driver at 25 yards, hand held, with iron sites

I just got the scope mount and with any luck I'll have a scope in the next few weeks. Then I'll have a report to give bench rested, scoped, at 50, 75, and 100 yards.

Handle one (old or new) and I think you'll like it.:thumbsup: