View Full Version : which candidate would you elect?

The Nomadd
04-22-2009, 10:37 PM
So I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts on the 2 pro-CCW candidates for San Diego County Sheriff, Bruce Ruff and Jay La Suer. I initially voted for Ruff in the last election, because his was the name I saw touted in the local gun shops as being pro-CCW/2nd Amendment. Since being on this forum, it seems like La Suer is favored by a few folks. Anyways, here’s something you Ruff supporters may want to know about.
I met up with Pullnshoot25, who was giving a presentation on Open Carry to a gun group at a local Denny’s yesterday, and I discovered that one of the attendees was Bruce Ruff. At one point, Bruce started discussing the situation here in San Diego County in regards to CCW, as well as some of the other issues our current regime, er, I mean leadership in the Sheriff’s Department has been dropping the ball on. Basically he was campaigning/looking for supporters to vote for him. Okay, I knew about La Suer running, but didn’t realize that Ruff was still a blip on the radar. Now this could get interesting. Of course he also talked about Gore and also basically bad-mouthed La Suer. Again, he’s looking for votes, so that didn’t surprise me much.
Now things seemed to be going pretty good, until at one point Ruff basically spoke out against open carry. Of course Nate (Pullnshoot, for those who don’t know) tried to have a dialogue with him and counter some of the things that Ruff was saying, and Ruff basically got down right hostile towards Nate. Ruff was basically insinuating that we as open carriers were wasting law resources because they would have to respond to the MWG calls that came in to the dispatchers. Also made a statement that if he rolled up to Nate walking down the street while open carrying, he wouldn’t have any problems “doing” Nate, since he wouldn’t know if Nate was a bad guy or not. WTF?!?! So much for innocent until proven guilty of committing a crime, eh? Basically, gun toting citizens are a problem for law enforcement officers.
Oh yeah, and when Nate tried to ask why then it’s not a problem with law enforcement in other states where open carry (loaded, no less) is legal, Ruff basically stated that he didn’t care/want to hear about some other state, that he was talking about California. Then tried to lump the open carry movement in with the lawlessness in Mexico, to which another Calguns member basically told Ruff that we don’t care about Mexico. Interesting, eh? Wouldn’t let us use other states as an example, but he uses some cesspit of a country. Nate actually has updated his blog, and goes into more detail about this incident, so I would recommend checking it out. (http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/) Absolutely unreal! And coming from a guy who’s trying to get our vote. As I understood it, he lost several votes that he may have otherwise had, due to his behavior and what he said to Nate, and the rest of us.
Now this makes it interesting, because I checked out his website when I got home, and I agree with this guy’s stance on several issues- Shall-issue for ccw‘s, he’s against illegal immigration., etc. I also checked out La Suers site as well, and I support his ideas as well. I am leaning towards La Suer at this point, because of last night’s incident. Which is a shame, cause I did have a interesting discussion with Ruff afterwards, in regards to the Sheriff’s crime lab. He would like to update the lab with state of the art equipment, and make it a first-rate lab, which, me being a forensics major, I support. Aside from being pro-CCW, that was the other reason I voted for him before. I think I will actually contact La Suer, and ask what his stance is in regards to the illegal immigration problem, and also about other 2nd Amendment issues, such as open carry, and see what his response is.
Anyways I was curious to see if the election was tomorrow, which of the two candidates Calgunners would/ would not vote for, and why.

04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
There's a few threads about La Suer. Seems like he's my vote, and a lot of others', at this point.

04-23-2009, 6:36 AM
O praeclarum custodem ovium lupum!

04-23-2009, 7:14 AM
O praeclarum custodem ovium lupum!

An excellent protector of sheep, the wolf! (Cicero)

For anybody wondering WTF that means....:thumbsup:

Omnia mihi lingua graeca sunt :p

04-23-2009, 7:20 AM
Ruff sounds like a loose cannon. Time to search for his real reasons for running.

04-23-2009, 7:23 AM
"...Basically, gun toting citizens are a problem for law enforcement officers...."

Yeah, they don't like the competition. Somebody might defend themselves without police "assistance".

04-23-2009, 8:59 AM
An excellent protector of sheep, the wolf! (Cicero)

For anybody wondering WTF that means....:thumbsup:

Omnia mihi lingua graeca sunt :p

After I clean out the fridge at my brother's place (I am here now) I am going to post the audio for you guys. It is truly priceless.

04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Just put the audio at the end of my blog post. Check it out!@

04-23-2009, 1:12 PM
JAY, He already has 100 of my bucks in his coffiers