PDA

View Full Version : This seems contrary to Larue's policy

CHS
04-22-2009, 6:00 PM
"I yell and scream at the guys/gals to always err on the side of the customer"

Hrmmm.. When multiple customers and dealers tell you that sending lowers to CA is legal, shouldn't you "err on the side of the customer"???

So why again are people giving Larue any business? Has he changed his shipping policies for CA yet? Do we have any Larue lowers in CA yet?

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/larue.jpg

SubstanceP
04-22-2009, 7:10 PM
So why again are people giving Larue any business?

Because LaRue makes an exceptional product? Because things are not always as they seem? Because some will not grind another's ax?

Has he changed his shipping policies for CA yet?

I don't know? Has he?

Do we have any Larue lowers in CA yet?

Yes.

CHS
04-22-2009, 7:20 PM
Yes.

Pics?

Why has he canceled every order for every lower to CA that I've heard about?

pnkssbtz
04-22-2009, 7:26 PM
Just call up coldwarshooters.com and ask for them to order you a larue lower.

But this is all besides the point... I think it would be best if you were to understand the Mark Larue persona first =)

Saigon1965
04-22-2009, 7:28 PM
I would bet that CWS gets them in via their main store in Texas -

SubstanceP
04-22-2009, 7:41 PM
Pics?

Yes. One was posted here the other day.

Why has he canceled every order for every lower to CA that I've heard about?

I don't know. Have you asked him? Apparently, he's somewhat accessible on arfcom.

bobfried
04-22-2009, 7:55 PM
Just call Larue tactical, he will usually answer the phone and is more than happy to talk to a customer.

Mark Larue is a character though, he makes great products (I own many of them) and will stand by what he makes no matter what. But his same conviction swings both ways, so if he has decided on something it's not going to change anytime soon. He's decided that it's not worth the possible legal repercussion to sell lowers to CA, he will happily sell you anything else. You can try and argue with him and cite him as many laws or cases as you want, but his decision won't change.

Look at it from his point of view. You sell a product and a Department of Justice representing a State tells you that it is illegal for you to sell it in their state. As a business owner, would you listen to "some guy" or the legal entity representing a state? I disagree with his decision since many other makers are more than happy to sell to CA (LMT, RRA, Spike's, CMMG.....the list is HUGE) but it is HIS business.

One of the primary factor in him not selling lowers to CA is also the fact that he does not actually make them, it is outsourced but I forgot to who. The second factor is that he does not get many of them anyways, so selling them to CA is a moot point to begin with when he has 10 customers waiting on 1 lower already. From a business standpoint it doesn't matter, selling them to CA does not gain him a single dime in revenue (as far as lowers are concerned) yet "might" get him into legal trouble. Again, that is from HIS point of view, would you risk your entire business when a state entity tells you one thing and "some guy" tells you otherwise?

CHS
04-22-2009, 8:14 PM
Look, people, I understand some of the business decisions. They are stupid, but people can feel however they want.

WITH THAT SAID.

That quote right there is at the crux of the matter. Screwing the customer is not erring on the side of the customer.

bobfried
04-23-2009, 1:07 AM
Look, people, I understand some of the business decisions. They are stupid, but people can feel however they want.

WITH THAT SAID.

That quote right there is at the crux of the matter. Screwing the customer is not erring on the side of the customer.

But how is his decision to not sell a SINGLE ITEM from his entire inventory screwing a customer over? Especially since dozens upon dozens of other companies make a similar product and a few make an almost exact, with 1 literally making the same thing.

I'm not saying I agree with him, I have been very turned off by it and this is nothing but bad press for him. I wouldn't be so stubborn because this will hurt him in the long and short run. That said, my logic does not necessarily apply to someone else, no matter how logical we think we are, another person/company might disagree.

It's his business and if he chooses to do it a certain way there's nothing we can do if he does not change his mind. Like i said, this will hurt him more than anything else he can do right now when a certain tipping point will arise and it will matter that he refuses to sell his LOGO MARKED lower to CA. Until then we can only vote with our wallet.

hawk1
04-23-2009, 8:35 AM
... Until then we can only vote with our wallet.

I quoted just this one line. This is what you should do if you don't like his policy of no lower sales to California. If you want to continue buying his other products then you have no right to complain about this.

Marked stepped into one of my threads at Arf recently when I was looking for a low ACOG mount suggestion to use on my Sig rifle. I made a point of saying I wouldn't buy his products because of his policy. He showed his childish personality right away and as always made a complete *** out of himself. It reinforced my view of him and many others based on the number of PM's I received after the thread was locked.
He'll never get a penny of my "California" earned cash...

maxicon
04-23-2009, 8:41 AM
He sometimes forgets that not all the battles for our rights are fought with lead and glass.

Sure, it's his choice. As I said in another thread, that puts him in the company of Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide.

Like with them, everyone can decide whether they want to do business or not.

Untamed1972
04-23-2009, 9:15 AM
He sometimes forgets that not all the battles for our rights are fought with lead and glass.

Sure, it's his choice. As I said in another thread, that puts him in the company of Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide.

Like with them, everyone can decide whether they want to do business or not.

I think all these kinda folks and people from free states who dump on people from CA and think we are all f-ing sheep need to realize that the battles we fight here ultimately protect them as well. Yeah...the people in AZ think that got it great because their state is non-restrictive on guns, but that doesn't stop the Feds from making restrictions that will affect them. So when cases out of CA get won in curcuit court and SCOTUS those decisions protect everyone.

What we need from them is sympathy and support, not scorn and ridicule. It's easy to "talk smack" when you're not on the front-lines of the battle. It takes more guts to fight for your rights when they are being attacked then it does to openly exercise a right that no one cares about anyway.

hill billy
04-23-2009, 9:57 AM
Marked stepped into one of my threads at Arf recently when I was looking for a low ACOG mount suggestion to use on my Sig rifle. I made a point of saying I wouldn't buy his products because of his policy. He showed his childish personality right away and as always made a complete *** out of himself. It reinforced my view of him and many others based on the number of PM's I received after the thread was locked.
He'll never get a penny of my "California" earned cash...
Exactly. You couldn't pay me to run his junk if there was a 10k check in the box when it showed up. Mark LaRue is a twit.

ProlificARProspect
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
How many venders have put the effort and money to sell to California?

Look up on top of the page and you will see all the site venders that have put their name and business on the line for us Californians. This shows something, it's not just a business action to sell to californians it's the support and unity in the fight to RKBA!

Mark had made the decesion, He has concluded he won't ship to California and put the jobs of his employees at risk. He doesn't want to deal with DiFi, or our laws.

So the reinforcements from Austin, TX are not comming to the fight, He has drawn the line in the sand. It's up to you to accept it and to buy from him or not.

I have drawn the line, I will not buy from his company no matter what, I will take my business to company's that support California

Flopper
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
it sucks that larue is unreasonably not shipping directly to CA, but all you have to do is get a middleman FFL and have him ship it there first.

i know, it's one more hoop we shouldn't have to jump through, but living in CA has made me used to this kind of BS.

hawk1
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
it sucks that larue is unreasonably not shipping directly to CA, but all you have to do is get a middleman FFL and have him ship it there first.

i know, it's one more hoop we shouldn't have to jump through, but living in CA has made me used to this kind of BS.

Nope, he asks FFL's not to ship to California. If they do, and he finds out, he cuts them off. So I've been told.

Besides, as others have said, buy and support those that do sell here.
His lowers are no better than theirs.

SubstanceP
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Nope, he asks FFL's not to ship to California. If they do, and he finds out, he cuts them off. So I've been told.

How does he find out?

CHS
04-23-2009, 12:48 PM
How does he find out?

Billing address in CA, shipping to another state?

hill billy
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
How does he find out?

According to many of the swingers on arf, he can read minds.

titan
04-23-2009, 6:20 PM
That's fine, there are MANY other products on the market as good or better. F-him.

thmpr
04-23-2009, 7:10 PM
Have shopped else where. I agree Larue makes great products but I believe you should support companies who support CA thus went with the JP 308 rifle rather than Larue's 308. Currently using ADM optic mounts rather than Larues.

Bad Voodoo
04-23-2009, 7:18 PM
But how is his decision to not sell a SINGLE ITEM from his entire inventory screwing a customer over?

I've never ordered a serialized part/component from Larue but have not had a single issue ordering anything else from him, and receiving it. Never once have I had an order canceled.

ProlificARProspect
04-23-2009, 9:12 PM
Mark LaRue regarding LT Lower sales to California.......

"Meh, we looked into it, and yeah, I know there's a handful of you that believe your own press.

But when the $h*t hits the fan, I decided that the job-security of my folks here far outweighs toying and splitting hairs with Diane Feinstein, et al, even though that handfull of you assure me otherwise.

I'm so sure that if any attorney fees had to be spent, jobs protected etc., that all you know-it-alls would pony-up and carry the water. Yeah, right."

~Mark LaRue

This was the first and only time Mark has publicly commented on his LT lower sales policy to California, after many months of hear say and speculation... and all the cancelled orders posted here and in other sites.

Case is closed, you heard it from the man himself, bottom line...

CHS
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm so sure that if any attorney fees had to be spent, jobs protected etc., that all you know-it-alls would pony-up and carry the water. Yeah, right."

~Mark LaRue

That dumb PoS has NO idea how much we have spent and "ponied up".

I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

berto
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
He made a bottom line decision.

I too made a bottom line decision, nothing is moving from mine to his.

SarcoBlaster
04-24-2009, 2:04 AM
Mark LaRue is nothing but an arrogant and whiny jackass. Period.

Wish I had known about his anti-CA policy before buying 2 of his mounts.

titan
04-24-2009, 5:48 PM
I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

LOL, agree! I think that ARMS and Bobro make a better product that does not mar the finish of the rifle. Ya, it's a tool, but if I want a scratch on it I can do that with a screwdriver and not spend $100+ buying one of his mounts.

I shouldn't post this as one of his "Kool aid drinking fan boys "will point out these negative posts and then he will be on the board trash talking us. He is the only mfg I can think of who goes out of his way to trash talk consumers who say something negative about his product. It's a free world:rolleyes:

Swatter911
04-24-2009, 6:16 PM
There's lots of folks who won't do business in California..Essential Arms, Barrett etc. Most because they fear DOJ and DOJ has done everything in their power to foment that fear. I think firearms owners in California are making significant gains due in large part to Calguns. Hopefully this will all change in the near future.

I have purchased LaRue products in the past due to the quality of the product his company produces. He wil continue to get my business in the future.

ke6guj
04-24-2009, 6:52 PM
AFAIK, Barrett will sell CA legal firearms to us in CA. He did, however, cut off CA .gov agencies off due to the state's anti-gun laws.

hawk1
04-24-2009, 7:17 PM
There's lots of folks who won't do business in California..Essential Arms, Barrett etc. Most because they fear DOJ and DOJ has done everything in their power to foment that fear. I think firearms owners in California are making significant gains due in large part to Calguns. Hopefully this will all change in the near future.

I have purchased LaRue products in the past due to the quality of the product his company produces. He wil continue to get my business in the future.

You wrote, "a lot folks who won't do business in California" but then only mention two and one of those, Barrett, you're completely wrong about.
Oh yeah, larue says he's afraid of Diane Feinstein. He never mentioned DOJ...;)

workinwifdakids
04-24-2009, 7:19 PM
Mark has decided he'll support the 2nd Amendment, unless politicians make it hard on him.

What's wrong with that? Give the guy some respect!
:rofl2:

CHS
04-24-2009, 7:55 PM
Mark has decided he'll support the 2nd Amendment, unless politicians make it hard on him.

What's wrong with that? Give the guy some respect!

I find it hilarious that he engraves "Live free or Die" on his product, but is afraid of a 76 year old Jewish woman.

Actually. No, that's not hilarious. It's pathetic.

gimebakmybulits
04-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I find it hilarious that he engraves "Live free or Die" on his product, but is afraid of a 76 year old Jewish woman.

Actually. No, that's not hilarious. It's pathetic.

Whats pathetic is all the *****ing and crying going on in this thread. LT isn't going broke and could care less if you buy anything from them so just move on. It's also obvious that you have never been run through our legal system by someone from a government agency with an axe to grind.

CHS
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
It's also obvious that you have never been run through our legal system by someone from a government agency with an axe to grind.

Excuse me?

You don't know a damn thing about me. I still have the scars (financially and emotionally) to prove I've been put through the system by someone from a government agency with an axe to grind.

You can go straight to hell for accusing me otherwise.

It's because of worthless PoS'es like yourself and Larue that I fight so hard to get every single millimeter of my rights back in this or any other state.

I would also go through what I went through again, any day of the week, if it helped another gun owner taste freedom.

gimebakmybulits
04-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Excuse me?

You don't know a damn thing about me. I still have the scars (financially and emotionally) to prove I've been put through the system by someone from a government agency with an axe to grind.

It's because of worthless PoS'es like yourself and Larue that I fight so hard to get every single millimeter of my rights back in this or any other state.

I would also go through what I went through again, any day of the week, if it helped another gun owner taste freedom.

:rofl2::rofl2: :thumbsup: With your attitude I'm sure you got what you deserved

Amacias805
04-25-2009, 12:07 AM
heres how i see it. if a out of state vender wants to make money from us they will sell to us. we are a huge market for EBR. i would really like to see how many ARs have been sold in CA in the last 2 years vs other states, cause im sure we are a huge market.

40caldeserteagle
04-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Excuse me?

:rofl2::rofl2: :thumbsup: With your attitude I'm sure you got what you deserved

Wow. That takes some balls. What have you done to further everyone's rights?

David F.

hawk1
04-25-2009, 8:41 AM
Excuse me?

Let it go man, he's or she's just another larue cheerleader and troll with the taste of mark on his tongue.

DDT
04-25-2009, 9:46 AM
"Live Free of Die" doesn't sound like the motto of someone who is afraid of doing something completely legal, done by hundreds of other companies and states the reason as he can't be bothered to fight for freedom....

Swatter911
04-25-2009, 11:29 AM
You wrote, "a lot folks who won't do business in California" but then only mention two and one of those, Barrett, you're completely wrong about.
Oh yeah, larue says he's afraid of Diane Feinstein. He never mentioned DOJ...;)

Yeah, I guess I was being a little too generic with my terms. I understand Barrett made a principled decision based upon the hypocrisy of CA law. When I said "a lot of folks" I meant it to include also various FFLs who will do not do business with anyone in CA. I'm not a LaRue apologist but his decision is similar to the one held held by many who will not do business with anyone in this state due to FUD.

gimebakmybulits
04-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Let it go man, he's or she's just another larue cheerleader and troll with the taste of mark on his tongue.

Good one, see you next Tuesday :thumbsup:

hawk1
04-25-2009, 1:09 PM
Good one, see you next Tuesday :thumbsup:

I doubt it very much. I choose my aquaintances with people that have more integrity than you have...

No where's that ignore list again...

Sgt Raven
04-25-2009, 4:15 PM
I doubt it very much. I choose my aquaintances with people that have more integrity than you have...

No where's that ignore list again...

OUCH, that's gonna leave a mark.
:hide:

ProlificARProspect
04-25-2009, 7:31 PM
Before anybody comes in and defends a company that will not defend you, the OP stated the obvious, LaRue has a contradiction with all the hoopla they boast about the customer service and neglect a demand. All because they are afraid to split hairs with Dianne Fainstein.... Wow and LT's motto is "Live free or Die".

As Mark Stated we beleive our own press.... So all you that have AR's and OLLs are just imagining all this would be possible.... The fight is here in California for the RKBA... The 2nd is alive and we will continue to fight regarless who turns their back on us.

Jim_KT
04-25-2009, 8:20 PM
LT's policy towards CA is a bummer to read. I love their products, but no more for me. My policy will change when their policy changes.

Fjold
04-25-2009, 9:45 PM
Whats pathetic is all the *****ing and crying going on in this thread. LT isn't going broke and could care less if you buy anything from them so just move on. It's also obvious that you have never been run through our legal system by someone from a government agency with an axe to grind.

That's got "stupid" written all over it.

CWM4A1
04-26-2009, 12:42 AM
I switched out my LT-150 Aimpoint mount to an ADM due to LT-150 is not truly a QD mount without even knowing about their shipping policy on lowers. Now I am glad that I did change back than.