PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Frame Registration?

cal3gunner
04-22-2009, 4:08 PM
Is there any news on the NERF idea?

I made some calls today and found a company that will sell me a Glock frame and they had no problem shipping it to a california ffl. They also were willing to just sell and mail me a complete Glock upper but they don't have the 17L in stock.

I want a 17L which isn't on the roster. So since Glock 17, 34, and 17L frames are all the same. Can I legally have them mail the 17L upper to me and mail the frame to my chosen ffl? I also have a 17 so would it help if I bring in my 17 upper, mount that on the frame and then dros it as a 17?

I've been looking for just a complete upper with no luck. I wouldn't mind spending the extra money and getting another Glock frame. If I do get the frame can I legally ppt it to another Californian if it doesn't have an upper on it?

Also, is it legal just to buy Glock frame and dros it through a ffl?

Thanks

Flopper
04-22-2009, 4:27 PM
as for the PPT:
you can do 5 handgun ppt's per year, independent of number of firearms transferred, and you can do those even for rostered handguns.

kermit
04-22-2009, 8:37 PM
I believe the NERF issue is still unresolved pending resolution of one of the underground regulation cases.

Why not just get a complete Glock 34 and a 17L upper so you'll have all of the bases covered?

Care to share the source of the Glock uppers?

ETA - Selling a spare frame through a PPT shouldn't be a problem. The bare frame is a problem (for now) when buying from an FFL due to it not being on the approved pisol list.

cal3gunner
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM

cal3gunner
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Why not just get a complete Glock 34 and a 17L upper so you'll have all of the bases covered?

Care to share the source of the Glock uppers?

Glockmeister will sell complete frames or uppers. They don't advertise their prices so just call to see what they have in stock.

I thought about getting a 34 but it seems like a compromise compared to the 17 and 17L. I already have a 17, so going to the 34 is only a little bit longer. Not much gain for the price. If I'm going to buy another upper, I might as well go all out and get a 17L. Now if I could find an OD 34 for a good price I'd probably buy it just because I think they look cool. But in the end I would still want the 17L upper.

DDT
04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Any chance they will Frankenstein a 17 frame with a 17L upper for you?

elrcastor
04-23-2009, 6:29 AM
check out this thread

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176408

kermit
04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
check out this thread

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176408

NOOOOOO! :banghead:

Hopefully the Right People can take a second run at the Nerf issue now that Nordyke has been resolved. (Although I won't kick if they just threw out the whole approved gun list.:43:)

We now return to your normally scheduled thread...

Thanks for the info on Glockmeisters. I may have to see them about upgrading my G23.