PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for a Riot

mrhappy
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Front page news in the Victor Valley (High Desert) Daily Press this a.m.
"More than 350 participants in $118,000 exercise." San Bernardino County Mobile Field Forces practice riot control in a mock exercise. Participants included police departments from all over SBCO, and CHP.
Oh, and sponsored by our minders at Homeland Security, of course.
I guess they are preparing for the right-wing extremists at the next Tea Party.

jamesob
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
don't they now that the right wing do not gather in large groups.

Roadrunner
04-22-2009, 1:16 PM
Nope, we operate in small squad size units. :43:

CHS
04-22-2009, 1:50 PM
don't they now that the right wing do not gather in large groups.

We're too busy going to our JOBS :)

leitung
04-22-2009, 1:51 PM

:thumbsup: You sir are correct..

natedogg1777
04-22-2009, 2:24 PM

Indeed! If we weren't, how would they be able to pay for things like this?

mrhappy
04-22-2009, 4:14 PM
Well, the newspaper article is informative. The video, however, has a sheriff's spokesman who states "ultimately, we'd like to be deployed to any peaceful gathering and be able to disperse people without any injuries or arrests." Notice he says "peaceful", not "unlawful" so I guess our right to assemble peacefully is no longer guaranteed in SBCO.

demnogis
04-22-2009, 4:23 PM
San Bernadino is already a very corrupt city. Police have committed murders and been acquitted. A family member used to be a detective for SBPD and got out after his 20 years with complete disgust for the city's operators.

This commentary by the Sheriff's Spokesperson just clearly states their intent to disperse people who lawfully gather.

Don't worry though! If you're protesting for trees' rights, against guns or drunk driving, you're OK. College students in general are at high risk.

ZRX61
04-22-2009, 4:42 PM
a sheriff's spokesman who states "ultimately, we'd like to be deployed to any peaceful gathering and be able to disperse people without any injuries or arrests."
Such as a backyard BBQ etc.....

sorensen440
04-22-2009, 4:43 PM
Homeland security should have absolutely nothing do do with riots

easy
04-22-2009, 4:57 PM
link to said foolishness?

mrhappy
04-22-2009, 5:18 PM
Not sure on how to post link, but google Victor Valley Daily Press and then on the page is the video "mobile field force".

Bizcuits
04-22-2009, 5:52 PM

I agree with you totally, BUT I can see why they would want to be involved.

Take the 92 LA riots for example, they lasted several days, dozens died, the national guard was called up and I even believe federal active duty was too? (marines?). It was more then a local issue.

Digital_Boy
04-22-2009, 6:09 PM
link to said foolishness?

Here, click on the tab labelled "Fasttrack News", and the story is named "mobile field force".

http://www.vvdailypress.com/video/

Saigon1965
04-22-2009, 7:03 PM
They have more to worry about in San Berdu county than the right wing groups =

Kid Stanislaus
04-22-2009, 7:27 PM
Well, the newspaper article is informative. The video, however, has a sheriff's spokesman who states "ultimately, we'd like to be deployed to any peaceful gathering and be able to disperse people without any injuries or arrests."

And if ANYBODY had stood up and called that spokesman a F.A.H. then he'd be arrested and end up falling down a flight of stairs!:eek:

Dark&Good
04-22-2009, 7:58 PM
"Be a good boy... you have the right :rolleyes: to object to tyranny, by writing letters to politicians. All other attempts will be punished."

lioneaglegriffin
04-22-2009, 8:12 PM
saw some spanish la raza flyers calling for a a mayday march to get obama to make amnesty a top priority.

Jedi
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Department of Homeland Security is responsible for the National Infrastructure Protection Plan and, as such, is very concerned with rioting related to scenarios, such as a pandemic influenza. Rioting can most certainly be expected in a pandemic when people begin to feel (rightly or wrongly) that their community is not being properly served by the healthcare systems. That rioting would then specifically target part of the Nation's critical infrastructure.

CnCFunFactory
04-23-2009, 1:22 AM
Nope, we operate in small squad size units. :43:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... You're tipping our hand.:43: