PDA

View Full Version : Nordyke Immediate Effects: NOTHING

Librarian
04-21-2009, 3:57 PM
NO CALIFORNIA LAWS WERE CHANGED BY THE NORDYKE DECISION.

It's not magic.

The problem probably solved by the incorporation ruling in Nordyke is access to the state courts.

Before incorporation, suits would get thrown out because the Second Amendment had been ruled not to apply to the states.

Now, suits can be filed and addressed on the merits of their arguments.

But all the existing laws we so love to complain about are STILL THERE and must STILL BE OBEYED unless you are the one who will fund and endure the test case.

Dr Rockso
04-21-2009, 4:09 PM
You mean I should take the auto sear out of my OLL? :confused:

(kidding)

yellowfin
04-21-2009, 4:11 PM
12050 isn't officially dead, but it just got some clogged arteries. We need to feed it a few cheeseburgers.

bulgron
04-21-2009, 4:13 PM
12050 isn't officially dead, but it just got some clogged arteries. We need to feed it a few cheeseburgers.

They'll just try to replace it with something that says you can't carry in a sensitive area, where 'sensitive area' is defined to be any state, county or city property, or within 1500 feet of a school. :rolleyes:

SwissFluCase
04-21-2009, 4:16 PM
They'll just try to replace it with something that says you can't carry in a sensitive area, where 'sensitive area' is defined to be any state, county or city property, or within 1500 feet of a school. :rolleyes:

I can already see that they are going to fight to the bitter end. Today's public safety committee action certainly demonstrates that.

I have a feeling they are going to try to overwhelm us with legislation this year. This is their last stand.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

yellowfin
04-21-2009, 4:18 PM
They'll just try to replace it with something that says you can't carry in a sensitive area, where 'sensitive area' is defined to be any state, county or city property, or within 1500 feet of a school. :rolleyes: All mooted by accessible CCW.

bulgron
04-21-2009, 4:25 PM
All mooted by accessible CCW.

Unless your issuing authority writes "Not valid in a sensitive area" on the CCW.

We have a long bitter fight ahead of us.

b.faust
04-21-2009, 4:28 PM
I know nothing is going to happen overnight, but I'm just basking in the fantasy of living in a state where I don't need a BB....

.....and have an NFA stamp for a suppressor.
;)

B.

Scold
04-21-2009, 4:45 PM
I know nothing is going to happen overnight, but I'm just basking in the fantasy of living in a state where I don't need a BB....

.....and have an NFA stamp for a suppressor.
;)

B.

This.....

Edit: People need to stop ruining my wet-dream firearm fantasies (and I don't mean the one with the blonde, brunette, midget, FAL and a jetski!!)

Ding126
04-21-2009, 4:55 PM
I dream & hope for the day when a Bullet button is like an 8track tape..When all Californians are able to purchase rifles & pistols currently on the market without having to modify them with some lame BB or stock. I want everyone to own a Colt AR & an HK rifle.. I want magazines to be refered to as standard and not hear or use the words of Hi Cap ever again.
I never want to see the words " will not ship to CA "

These would be GREAT acomplishments IMO

b.faust
04-21-2009, 5:08 PM
This.....

Edit: People need to stop ruining my wet-dream firearm fantasies (and I don't mean the one with the blonde, brunette, midget, FAL and a jetski!!)

Sounds like you're having a Vegas flashback there.

Pics please.

:)

RomanDad
04-21-2009, 5:22 PM
Nordyke Immediate Effects: NOTHING

Maybe not for you, but my damned phone hasnt stopped ringing in two days....

sorensen440
04-21-2009, 5:24 PM
There were some immediate effects

I hear the screams of Allison could be heard as far away as texas

sfpcservice
04-21-2009, 5:43 PM
Unless your issuing authority writes "Not valid in a sensitive area" on the CCW.

We have a long bitter fight ahead of us.

I think even if they wrote such a thing on your license, it would only be a violation of conditions, not the law. This would mean that it would be grounds to revoke, but not an actual violation of law. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scold
04-21-2009, 6:48 PM
Sounds like you're having a Vegas flashback there.

Pics please.

:)

I use to live in Vegas

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

glockwise2000
04-21-2009, 6:54 PM
I dream & hope for the day when a Bullet button is like an 8track tape..When all Californians are able to purchase rifles & pistols currently on the market without having to modify them with some lame BB or stock. I want everyone to own a Colt AR & an HK rifle.. I want magazines to be refered to as standard and not hear or use the words of Hi Cap ever again.
I never want to see the words " will not ship to CA "

These would be GREAT acomplishments IMO

This is simple. How much are you guys willing to contribute to the cause of reverting the existing f***ing law. Money talks. If there is someone who would start, I am laying down all my 401K.

CA_Libertarian
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I think even if they wrote such a thing on your license, it would only be a violation of conditions, not the law. This would mean that it would be grounds to revoke, but not an actual violation of law. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting... I think you're correct. And then you apply for another license, which they would have to issue? Might work.

There are other reasons not to rely on CCW to solve all our problems:

1) The legislature could simply revise all those statutes to remove the exemption for permitees.

2) Some of us can't afford a CCW. While CCW would be accessible to most of us, there would be a considerable portion of the population that has zero disposable income. And don't put it past the legislature to up the fees and coursework requirements to make CCWs even less affordable.

3) Some of us refuse to pay a tax and take a test to exercise our rights. We would rather have our rights then buy a privilege that feels similar.