PDA

View Full Version : Couple of video clips from the NRA Regional last Saturday

ocabj
04-21-2009, 3:20 PM
I brought my cheapo Aiptek HD camcorder to the match last Saturday.

iVrp_aum4lU

***Watch above video in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVrp_aum4lU&fmt=22)

QvFUg8lCDr8

***Watch above video in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFUg8lCDr8&fmt=22)

glock_this
04-21-2009, 3:25 PM
is that you or is that Leonardo DiCapro shooting :)

ocabj
04-21-2009, 3:43 PM
is that you or is that Leonardo DiCapro shooting :)

?

The name of the shooter should show up in the video title.

glock_this
04-21-2009, 3:45 PM
yes.. yes... it was a joke as the guy 'looks' like the actor.. at least, it did to me and my chick

ocabj
04-21-2009, 3:51 PM
yes.. yes... it was a joke as the guy 'looks' like the actor.. at least, it did to me and my chick

I'll be sure to tell Jim that. Not sure how he'll take it.

alpha_romeo_XV
04-21-2009, 6:05 PM
I notice his right elbow is below his knee in the sitting position, gee that requires a lot of ability to stretch the back. There is no way I can lean over that far (comfortably), but then again Iím 3x his age. Enjoy youth while it lasts.

I also noticed the target blowing back and forth a lot in the 300 rapid. I guess that doesnít much affect shot placement, right? Still a good group - almost cleaned it.

ocabj
04-21-2009, 6:26 PM
The elbows in front of the knees is the most stable position. David Tubb promotes that method.

The wind is blowing the targets forward and back, and is a common issue at any range. But from 200/300/600 yards, it doesn't make much of a difference.

icormba
04-23-2009, 2:35 PM
I brought my cheapo Aiptek HD camcorder to the match last Saturday.

Wow! for a cheapo HD camera... that looks pretty darn good in HD!!

ocabj
04-23-2009, 4:13 PM
Wow! for a cheapo HD camera... that looks pretty darn good in HD!!

Yes, that's what I thought when I saw some videos my friend posted on his Vimeo account awhile back, which were recorded using an Aiptek HD camcorder. I thought it was pretty good and since the Aiptek is only $150 or so depending on which model you get, it's a great deal and a lot easier to deal with than MiniDV (which is what I was using at the time). The Aiptek HD records straight to an SDHC card.