PDA

View Full Version : Question on California Pricing

genoaguns
04-20-2009, 8:29 PM
This may be answered elsewhere and I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes...

Can someone give some information on the relationship of prices in CA for black rifles that are CA legal vs non CA rifles. Obviously we are all aware of the shortage of these firearms in CA and prices are up. I am just trying ot make some sense of all of this and why my friends can find plenty of guns at MSRP in Florida but why we pay a significant premium in CA.

I would expect the Obama gun control issues to be nationwide but obviously I am pretty new to this.

Thanks

BLKAR15
04-20-2009, 8:37 PM
Just depends on where you buy from not all gun shops in CA are price gouging. And as far as I can tell if you want a deal you might want to look online, not going to save a whole lot but maybe a few hundred dollars here and there. Also if your talking about MSRP being like $900 to $1000 for a complete rifle I haven't seen anyone now days getting them for that price. You could build one and probably save more that way, just depends on what stuff you want to add to your rifle. If your friends in Florida are finding guns at MSRP what kinds of prices are they getting them for? and is there a wait to get them?

high_revs
04-20-2009, 9:31 PM
there are some out there that take advantage of us. let's just say i overpaid for something i got recently. but honestly, i didn't want to deal searching for the online deal though I did find a few. But then goes the whole possibility of "i don't sell to CA" issue. So opportunity knocked. I wanted it. not easy to find locally (imho) to compare against other locals. I paid for it. whether good or bad financially, i'll have something in my hand week after next. ;)

less impulsive people should learn what not to do from me. LOL

genoaguns
04-21-2009, 8:52 AM
Well I too purchased from my local dealer a SIG 556 SCM and a S&W MP15FT.

I also wanted to avoid the hassles of getting something to CA and to be sure it was CA legal.

Just seems that the pricing is worse in CA. I emailed SIG about CA MSRP and they said the following...

"Dear Sir,
We do not have an MSRP for rifles that are made CA compliant.
None of our rifles are CA compliant therefore we do not have selling prices of them,
the dealers are purchasing these and going through the steps that are necessary to make the
rifles CA compliant so I can imagine that the MSRP would be higher. "

genoaguns
04-21-2009, 8:53 AM
FYI when I say MSRP I mean what I can find on the manufacturers web site so

SIG 556 SCM about 1900
S&W MP15FT about 1850