PDA

View Full Version : Wayne asked me to view this video...

SubstanceP
04-20-2009, 6:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acokf3c-D3k

...and not one time did he tell that scum Rendell that we, the people of the United States of America, need weapons to protect ourselves from the tyranny of our own government.

No offense to you sporters and hunters, but, WTH does it say we have the 2A so we can hunt bambi?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Maybe LaPierre should read the Federalist Papers again?

It's performances like his on this interview that make me cringe every time I pay my NRA dues.

Maybe Susan Gratia should head the NRA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgrIsuO5PLc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3DRendel%2520Pensylvania%26um%3D1 %26ie%3DUTF%2D8%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwv&feature=player_embedded

pnkssbtz
04-20-2009, 6:20 PM
Because that debate wasn't for the gun owner's of america, we are already sold on the 2A.

That debate was for the anti-gun or indifferent people of america. As such, Wayne has to approach the debate in such a fashion as to not ostracize and scare the indifferent people and to try and educate the anti's.

Rocking the boat too much too fast would end up in harming the cause much more.

In short, Wayne was walking the PR tight rope.

SubstanceP
04-20-2009, 6:24 PM
I respect your perspective. But, if that's the case, then he's talkin' to the braindead. What goods it gonna do? Anyone who can pound a nail knows the divide.

B Strong
04-20-2009, 6:33 PM
Our dues money at work.

How about this for an answer to Rendell, when he asked why anybody needs an assault weapon:

"Governor, an individual that purchases any type of firearm in full compliance with the law is exercising their right as a Free American, and the exercise of that right isn't subject to the approval of any other individual, elected or otherwise."

SubstanceP
04-20-2009, 6:44 PM
"Governor, an individual that purchases any type of firearm in full compliance with the law is exercising their right as a Free American, and the exercise of that right isn't subject to the approval of any other individual, elected or otherwise."

I like it. But, I like Susan's response even better as she motions to Schmuck Schumer.

"It's about our right to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there."

Nanook
04-20-2009, 7:05 PM
It's performances like his on this interview that make me cringe every time I pay my NRA dues.
That's funny. I cringe every time I hear someone say something that enforces the stereotypes of gun owners as militant, separatist, compound-dwelling paranoiacs in public. Doubly so if it comes out of the mouth of someone I pay to represent me in front of politicians and the like.

Actually, I even cringe a little when I hear it in private, too...

SubstanceP
04-20-2009, 7:32 PM
That's funny. I cringe every time I hear someone say something that enforces the stereotypes of gun owners as militant, separatist, compound-dwelling paranoiacs in public. Doubly so if it comes out of the mouth of someone I pay to represent me in front of politicians and the like.

Actually, I even cringe a little when I hear it in private, too...

Don't quite understand what yer gittin' at. Care to expound for any of us ignorant "compound-dwellers"?

1BigPea
04-20-2009, 7:44 PM
I thought it was OK, I think if Wayne would have had more time he would have gotten his point across better.

Knight
04-20-2009, 7:54 PM
Don't quite understand what yer gittin' at. Care to expound for any of us ignorant "compound-dwellers"?

He's saying that anyone who says that they own guns to protect themselves from the gub'mint is nuttier than a fruitcake. Maybe.

Nanook
04-20-2009, 8:01 PM
Ha. I called nobody any names, first off. :)

I think pnkssbtz put it better than I could have, but I'll give it a shot.

Gun owners have a stereotype to overcome. I think we can all agree on that. It is reinforced in the media on a daily basis. Now, which do you think would get better results on capitol hill or in the eyes of the public to further our cause:

A. Mr. LaPierre taking an adversarial stance and making statements to the likes of your signature, which conjure up images of Waco

or

B. Playing it cool and "playing the political game."

The reason I pay my NRA dues is to have well-educated guys in suits represent me in Washington and also put a more positive "spin" on gun owners in general in the eyes of the voting public. Do you think Mr. Joe Average hears a statement like "It's about our right to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there." and doesn't think, "right-wing wacko?"

I hope I made sense. Now back to refreshing on the Nordyke thread... ;)

SubstanceP
04-20-2009, 8:16 PM
Now back to refreshing on the Nordyke thread... ;)

:thumbsup:

weel git back to them thar other implications later....:)

jumbopanda
04-20-2009, 9:20 PM
He's saying that anyone who says that they own guns to protect themselves from the gub'mint is nuttier than a fruitcake. Maybe.

No, but that's how many mainstream Americans would perceive it.

Nanook
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
:thumbsup:

weel git back to them thar other implications later....:)

Fore shore. ;)

Differences in methodology aside, we both want the same end result.
:cheers2:

Jpach
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Wayne didnt do anything particularly crazy. I really wish he would have either explained what an AW is or have that Phili guy explain the difference between an AW and a "regular" gun. And ask why they need to ban something that they believe others dont need. Its none of their business.

Dr. Peter Venkman
04-21-2009, 2:59 AM
I like how the NRA continually throws the machinegun crowd under the bus.

JDoe
04-21-2009, 6:56 AM
My guess is that Wayne has to judge how much time he has to make his point and adjust the message so the audience can understand small points without getting turned off. Baby steps.

As a former anti myself I can tell you that the "from my cold dead hands" crowd did more to keep me anti than anything else. It wasn't until I needed protection from a threat that I discovered that the antis were lying scum bags with no interest in my best interest. It was a shocking revelation but here I am very anti-anti and very pro gun--Vermont style at the very least! :thumbsup:

MSL209
04-21-2009, 7:22 AM
The antis would feed off of a comment like that. They would harp on that one statement and disregard any other logical arguments that he would make. This is the mindset of these people. They have already accused him of making terrorist threats for his one statement during the CPAC convention: "The guys with the guns make the rules". They will do anything they can to invoke FUD in sheeple.