PDA

View Full Version : Military Assault Weapons Permit wait time is now.....

fike
04-20-2009, 9:44 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster....

I just got off the phone with the DOJ and was informed the expected wait time is now 3 months.....

Ughh... I'm sitting at 1.5 months.

All they mentioned is "the large backlog" is causing the extended times.
I can only imagine the hold up is with the FBI????

Vin496
04-20-2009, 9:54 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster....

I just got off the phone with the DOJ and was informed the expected wait time is now 3 months.....

Ughh... I'm sitting at 1.5 months.

All they mentioned is "the large backlog" is causing the extended times.
I can only imagine the hold up is with the FBI????

What??:confused:

I thought they the deadline was over years ago, and what does the FBI have to do with it?

I guess your in the military and getting ready to come out here, and there is some exemption for that?

fike
04-20-2009, 10:01 AM
What??:confused:

I thought they the deadline was over years ago, and what does the FBI have to do with it?

I guess your in the military and getting ready to come out here, and there is some exemption for that?

The military assault weapons permit is different from the regular assault weapons permit, that indeed did expire years ago.

gunsmithcats
04-20-2009, 4:25 PM
bummer man.
Hang in there, its worth it.
just remember not to bring in any high caps. Besides, ur armorer should be issuing u a bagload of ar magazines anwyay depending on ur branch.

Also, bring in as many handguns as you can that are not on the roster, u know for personal collection. And that way if you decide to sell later you can sell it to a lucky californian.

AEC1
04-20-2009, 7:21 PM
I chose to convert mine over to a BB. There is no way I am registering my wepons with PRK!!!

Hanniballs
04-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I chose to convert mine over to a BB. There is no way I am registering my wepons with PRK!!!

ok.. but are they OLL's?

Pyro3
04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
They quoted me 60 days when I called in March. Amazing that over the course of one month the processing time could increase by...one month. It's a shame Yolanda Garcia retired from DOJ. She seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The woman who answers the phone now seems determined to be as unhelpful as possible.

Cougar125
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM

+1 None of my firearms will be logged in PRK. I hope to do my 3 years here and get out.

No offense guys.

AEC1
04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
ok.. but are they OLL's?

Of course...

AEC1
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
+1 None of my firearms will be logged in PRK. I hope to do my 3 years here and get out.

No offense guys.

None taken, as a born Californian who joined the service, I cant wait to be able to sell my home and move back to my new legal residence, pensacola FL...

fike
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
They quoted me 60 days when I called in March. Amazing that over the course of one month the processing time could increase by...one month. It's a shame Yolanda Garcia retired from DOJ. She seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The woman who answers the phone now seems determined to be as unhelpful as possible.

When I called the first time to make sure they received everything, I was also told 30-60 days.....I got to admit, in my case Terry has been very polite and helpful at every occasion.

I'm in the situation where the majority of my stuff is banned by name and I have no other option than to bring it into the state....

Cougar125
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
None taken, as a born Californian who joined the service, I cant wait to be able to sell my home and move back to my new legal residence, pensacola FL...
And I'll keep WA or ID as my residence. They're LOADED Open Carry friendly.