PDA

View Full Version : Schumer, Gillibrand call for removal of Tiahrt amendment

RRangel
04-20-2009, 9:10 AM
What pro-gun senators they have in New York. Now they're doing what they can to destroy the whole nation's freedom by asking their president to do their bidding. One of the usual suspects, along with his new sidekick, Kirsten Gillibrand, want to remove the Tiahrt amendment. Yes, these people live a different life than normal citizens. So much so that they don't mind throwing our rights out the window.

The latest from gun banners in New York (http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/politics/97651/schumer--gillibrand-call-for-change-in-gun-law/Default.aspx)

yellowfin
04-20-2009, 9:51 AM
I'm going to have a fun time in NY working with the folks there...

dixieD
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
"Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand were in Midtown yesterday to call for the elimination of the Tiahrt amendment, which requires the FBI to destroy records of gun buyer's background checks within 24 hours."

Unbelievable. The records are destroyed after it is deemed that the purchaser of a firearm satisfies the background check requirement - i.e. they are not a prohibited person.

Now, they want to retain the records so that they can continue independent investigations of law abiding citizens exercising their 2nd A right, and who knows with what other political motivation.

RRangel
04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Now, they want to retain the records so that they can continue independent investigations of law abiding citizens exercising their 2nd A right, and who knows with what other political motivation.

This is most likely aimed at lawsuits to be used against the gun industry, and the fact that they don't give a lick about our rights as citizens.

pfl101
04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Gillibrand now rates a little less than an "A" or thereabouts on the NRA scale...

yellowfin
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Gillibrand now rates a little less than an "A" or thereabouts on the NRA scale... One of the big tasks will be to get her rated F. Collaboration with Schumer is grounds for her being thrown out of office.

hoffmang
04-20-2009, 11:28 AM
This is simply an attempt for them to get stats they can distort.

-Gene

Spaniard
04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Gillibrand now rates a little less than an "A" or thereabouts on the NRA scale...

If anyone listens to what politicians say or ratings they have, they do so at their own peril. Watch what they do and go from there. The walk has to mirror the talk otherwise it's just babble. I heard that Mr. O and Pelosi don't want more gun control....:eek:...Sure....They will when the time is right, just wait.

Gillibrand wants to be a Senator and will do whatever it takes to get there. If she didn't compromise her principals and integrity I would be surprised.

Unlce Chucky & Aunt Hillary sat her down and "Splained" how it was going to be and so it is....

Mark