View Full Version : Hi

04-19-2009, 5:13 PM
Hi all,

Just registered in hopes of receiving some aid/info on how and to whom I may sell my dad's AR collection that he got pre-ban since I am unable to inherit them. I'm new to the gun scene so I don't know where to start. Learning all the acronyms and researching the laws is making me delirious. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.


04-25-2009, 7:34 AM
Hi, I can see no one has helped you with this yet.

Your dad's pre-ban pre-2000 AR's, assuming they are registered as CA Assault Weapons, must be transferred out of state either:

1) By the owner, physically, and removed from the state and sold to another party via FFL
2) Sold through a CA Assault Weapons dealer
3) Given up to the police
4) Destroyed

Suggest you consider #1 or #2 and skip #3 or #4.

#1 and #2 *only* work if your dad's guns truly were reg'ed in or around year 2000. If your dad only did DROS and 4473, they are *not* considered registered, and may very well be illegal AW's.

Good luck,