PDA

View Full Version : Rock River Arms 24 inch Varmint A4 complete upper @ pkfirearms.com

dohey
04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Invalid Item

TacFan
04-19-2009, 11:19 AM
please delete that link OP ... INVALID

BLKAR15
04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
these are nice uppers I have one but in a 1/12. For some reason when you click on the link it will take you to that page. But when you click on the complete uppers section in the pkarms site nothings there.

dohey
04-19-2009, 11:34 AM
these are nice uppers I have one but in a 1/12. For some reason when you click on the link it will take you to that page. But when you click on the complete uppers section in the pkarms site nothings there.

Same thing was happening with the RRA LPK kits a few days back. I dunno why.

zman
04-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Limit One Upper per Customer.

http://www.pkfirearms.com (http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=689&action=display)

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

I got one for a friend since he's at work. Are these any good? Any reviews/feedbacks/links? :confused:

eaglemike
04-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Someone needs to kill that link. I just got an email from them. The uppers have been gone for weeks. He's really upset, talking about stopping sales to California...

Please take care of that - somebody!

TacFan
04-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Someone needs to kill that link. I just got an email from them. The uppers have been gone for weeks. He's really upset, talking about stopping sales to California...

Please take care of that - somebody!

OP please delete link. They have been good to us, we don't want to lose them

zman
04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
The guy is p!ssed. Here's my email.

"These RRA varmint uppers have been sold out for weeks. Whoever has posted
the hot link needs to post this on Cal Guns. This is the 3rd. time this week
this has
happened. I will discontinue all sales to California immediately if this
doesnt stop. I will handle the sales and advertising of my product.

PK Firearms
RR1 Box 27
Shelbyville, Illinois 62565
www.pkfirearms.com (http://www.pkfirearms.com)
Phone: 217-774-5810
Fax: 217-774-5814"

tenpercentfirearms
04-19-2009, 4:09 PM
The guy is p!ssed. Here's my email.

"These RRA varmint uppers have been sold out for weeks. Whoever has posted
the hot link needs to post this on Cal Guns. This is the 3rd. time this week
this has
happened. I will discontinue all sales to California immediately if this
doesnt stop. I will handle the sales and advertising of my product.

PK Firearms
RR1 Box 27
Shelbyville, Illinois 62565
www.pkfirearms.com (http://www.pkfirearms.com)
Phone: 217-774-5810
Fax: 217-774-5814"

LOL! Someone send me that link. I am going to post it up everywhere and we can get rid of some more of these out of state dealers who keep undercutting us. :43:

Wildhawk66
04-19-2009, 4:24 PM
LOL! Someone send me that link. I am going to post it up everywhere and we can get rid of some more of these out of state dealers who keep undercutting us.

LOL! Nice. :p

eaglemike
04-19-2009, 4:33 PM
LOL! Someone send me that link. I am going to post it up everywhere and we can get rid of some more of these out of state dealers who keep undercutting us. :43:
It's brutal - he actually sells at retail!:chris:

I know that it costs to do business in Cailfornia - I own a business here. I've also seen the need for a dealer to buy stuff at retail in order to keep some product on the shelves. This of course leads to a higher retail price at this step.:)

tenpercentfirearms
04-19-2009, 4:40 PM
It's brutal - he actually sells at retail!:chris:

That non-gouger. He needs to get with the times! :TFH:

Blackhawk556
04-19-2009, 4:55 PM
Hopefully he keeps selling at retail if others can't offer the same low price too bad their lose of sales.

eaglemike
04-19-2009, 5:19 PM
Hopefully he keeps selling at retail if others can't offer the same low price too bad their lose of sales.
I've paid over retail at times, when the stuff is in stock. The market does drive the price. IMHO if a price somewhere is too high, just walk away. No need to feel insulted, or offer insult. This is a general note as to how things work pretty well for me. :) I know a lot of people get frustrated when prices are higher than retail, or higher then we'd like. Stuff happens. Being in business I can see both sides. I have a good relationship witha couple of FFL's, and even make some aftermarket firearms accessories - and I still end up paying over retail at times..... There has to be enough on the table for everyone to have a piece...
all the best,
Mike

Monte
04-19-2009, 7:31 PM
So he's getting angry at his customers and threatening to cut off all sales to an entire state because some people want to buy items that are on his site and not marked as being out of stock? Is this guy 12 years old or something?

Blackhawk556
04-19-2009, 8:30 PM
Not trying to insult anybody

But yes that's dumb why is he getting mad we trying to buy stuff, people in cali are trying to give him MONEY for his merch, but if he stops selling to cali he will lose thousands of dollars worth of business

TacFan
04-19-2009, 8:33 PM
maybe it's not worth it for him if he has to keep cancelling orders that are logged and possibly deal with credit card companies if he has it set up to auto charge.

12voltguy
04-19-2009, 8:57 PM
maybe it's not worth it for him if he has to keep cancelling orders that are logged and possibly deal with credit card companies if he has it set up to auto charge.

doesn't look like that at all.
looks like when items sell out, they drop off the site & can't be bought AT ALL:cool:
every purchase I have made has gone through.

eaglemike
04-19-2009, 9:02 PM
Somehow the OP was a hot link to an old page.

These are pretty good people. Honest, fair, etc. Sometimes the owner might sound.... ummm.... cranky? Whatever..... They've always treated me fairly. Dealing with people that don't seem to care about the other end of the deal can make one cranky. I fight that feeling from time to time....

Trying to see the other persons viewpoint can help at times. Sometimes people are unreasonable. Ya makes your choice.....
all the best,
Mike

Vinz
04-19-2009, 9:32 PM
man I better order the instock parts I need before these idiots scare him away from ca sales. Nice job.:toetap05:

vinz

high_revs
04-19-2009, 9:51 PM
wth is wrong with some of you. people ***** and moan about OOS stores not wanting to sell to CA. here we have someone who does, and now someone here makes life miserable for him and messes up operations. and now some of your try to justify the he's privileged to even have CA customers, and if he doesn't that's $$$ out of his pocket. know what? he sells fine w/o CA. so do many dealers OOS. gotta get rid of this entitlement syndrome to entice more of these OOS sellers to CA, along with the issues they can have dealing with CA.

veterosa
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Just emal Brett, he is stand up guy and emailed me right away as soon as the upper was available & would be here next week. After further searching @ AR 15.com, my upper was now selling $400 more for what I got it for with 10" DD & Nov pig FH . +1 for PK for helping us Californians. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & BARGAIN DEALS WITH VERY FAST SHIPPING.:jump::jump::jump:

ercraw
04-20-2009, 10:05 AM
wth is wrong with some of you. people ***** and moan about OOS stores not wanting to sell to CA. here we have someone who does, and now someone here makes life miserable for him and messes up operations. and now some of your try to justify the he's privileged to even have CA customers, and if he doesn't that's $$$ out of his pocket. know what? he sells fine w/o CA. so do many dealers OOS. gotta get rid of this entitlement syndrome to entice more of these OOS sellers to CA, along with the issues they can have dealing with CA.

I agree mostly...both the customer and the retailer must court each other! It certainly doesn't pay for us in the PRK to annoy the heck out of someone and lose that source of goods. It is indeed in our best interest to ensure that our transactions are smooth to ensure everyone is willing and wanting to continue to do business with those of us stuck behind Iron Curtin 2K.

I'll do business with them, their prices are fair and I have heard only one issue of them, and that is this thread.

Xerxes
04-20-2009, 9:32 PM
The idiot is not Calgunners looking for a deal and trying to buy something that appears to be possible.

It is the seller who does not have a clue on how to update his website and is to cheap to higher some high school kid to update for items that are out of stock.

If this item is out of stock then why does the hot link work?

Ranting about a whole state because he does not wish to pay someone to perform a necessary update of his web portal is really juvenile and really funny.

Makes me want to try to buy one from that hot link actually.

There was a time when someone who threatened the whole state of CA by shaking his fist at us would be dealt with appropriately. Now we are to weak and feeble to respond accordingly!:eek:

zman
04-21-2009, 8:57 AM
Makes me want to try to buy one from that hot link actually.

It doesn't work now but trust me, it worked all the way previously. Now I have to keep an eye on my CC just in case the charge slips through the cracks (for my own peace of mind) :(