PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE stock loose?

TZL
04-19-2009, 2:04 AM
ok so I decided to give the MOE a try, I like other products and I have 4 CTRs, 2 UBRs, 1 PRS......decided to give the MOE stock a try

the MOE is quite loose

and yes before anyone suggests that i got the wrong size, i do have a mil-spec one on a mil-spec tube, I tried a commercial ctr on it and it was way loose

are all MOE stocks this loose? or an I just spoiled by the CTRs?

Josh3239
04-19-2009, 2:14 AM
My MOE has a microscope wiggle, not enough to bother me or even notice while shooting. I love my MOE.

evollep3
04-19-2009, 2:16 AM
it shouldnt be as loose as you say i have 2 and they have minor wiggle like Josh stated above

DanHuuN
04-19-2009, 2:53 AM
The MOE on my rifle isn't loose at all...hmmm. I don't know what the problem could be. Sorry dude.

Blacktail 8541
04-19-2009, 7:39 AM
I had a moe stock and got rid of it because it was loose, a lot looser than just a little wiggle. May have been my particular buffer tube. But I have 4 ctrs and i'm a little spoiled.

missiontrails
04-19-2009, 7:55 AM
Unless a stock has a locking device like a CTR, it is gonna have a little play. My VLTOR EMOD is on a VLTOR tube, and it even has a little movement. I don't think stocks are designed to be 100% tight. If you are using one in the field, and you get sand, dirt, or debris in the stock, having a little movement should prevent jamming or freezing of movement. I have even met up with guys at the range who claim to have NO movement with their LMT SOPMODS, and after I played with them for a bit, they turned out to be about the same as my VLTOR. To prevent movement, the receiver tube holes would have to be EXACTALY the same size as the locking pin, and finding the holes during adjustment in that situation would be a pain.

TZL
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
My moe is sitting on a Vltor tube.....so I tried it out on another AR with a different tube (which doesn't wiggle with a CTR) and it still moves around

I used to have a couple Vltors, so its probably that amount of wiggle....I'm just spoiled by my CTRs and UBRs.....i'll probably have to ditch this one and get yet another CTR

missiontrails
04-19-2009, 1:28 PM
Like I said, a little wiggle is good, it just means the mechanism will never jam. Plus, it quarantees every milspec stock will fit every milspec tube.

technique
04-19-2009, 1:40 PM
ok so I decided to give the MOE a try, I like other products and I have 4 CTRs, 2 UBRs, 1 PRS......decided to give the MOE stock a try

the MOE is quite loose

and yes before anyone suggests that i got the wrong size, i do have a mil-spec one on a mil-spec tube, I tried a commercial ctr on it and it was way loose

are all MOE stocks this loose? or an I just spoiled by the CTRs?

I put it out there in a recent thread. I thought the same. If you want the no wiggle feature ya gotta pay for it. It ain't always easy to fork over the money but at least you don't have to shop twice.

TZL
04-19-2009, 2:21 PM
Yeah I agree, MOE is good for the price point, especially compared to other low budget stocks, but once I was spoiled by CTRs, its hard to go back....

I put it out there in a recent thread. I thought the same. If you want the no wiggle feature ya gotta pay for it. It ain't always easy to fork over the money but at least you don't have to shop twice.

odysseus
04-19-2009, 3:53 PM
MOE I have has a very very slight play to it. Seems normal to me. I don't feel anything when I am shooting, just when I grasp it by hand and try to wiggle it.