PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal beginner seeks help and advise

epetrillo
04-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi,

This may be an unusual request but it's worth a try. I am looking for an experienced long range shooter that might be willing to give up some of his time to help out a beginner.

I guess beginner is not completely true. From my early teens to my early 30's I owned many handguns, shotguns and some rimfire rifles but never a centerfire rifle. I then lost interest and sold all of my guns. Now in my early fifties I have decided to get back into shooting and after a couple of false starts decided I would like to try some long range target shooting.

I bought a barely broken in Remington 40XB in 300 win mag and a Leupold MK4 6.5-20X50 scope. After a somewhat disappointing first trip to the range I feel I could use some advise. I was hoping I could find someone who would be willing to spend an afternoon here and there to give me pointers and get me started in the right direction.

I know I could just buy a book or search online but an afternoon at the range meeting new people, burning up some ammo and picking up some pointers seems like more fun to me.

Emilio

ar15barrels
04-19-2009, 1:16 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=162630