PDA

View Full Version : Ebay canceled my Mini 14 Thumbhole stock auction

12GAUGE
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Stating that it is classified as assault weapon.
This is their response after my rant to them

We carefully reviewed your Revolution Blue Thumbhole Stock for a Ruger
Mini 14 listing for Item # 280334836327 and found that we took the
correct action. Your listing was removed because it violated the eBay
policy.

The sale of any assault weapon-related (defined as an "assault weapon"
by either federal or California state law) parts or accessories is not
permitted on eBay because selling these items is highly regulated by the
government or may be illegal in some areas. The prohibited items include
stocks, grips, slings, sights, or any part or accessory identified as
compatible with an assault weapon (as defined by either federal or
California state law).

For more information on the eBay Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy,

a1fabweld
04-18-2009, 11:13 PM
That is so lame! They canceled a CETME M4 style stock I had for sale a while back as well. If you include the word "airsoft" (wink,wink), it makes it ok from what I understand.

Turbinator
04-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Totally dumb. I friend of mine who used to work for eBay actually used to sit a couple of cubes away from a guy whose job it was to comb through the gun related listings. Funny thing is my friend is also a gun guy too, but never did take up any discussions with this guy about guns. Probably for the better.

Turby

Linus
04-18-2009, 11:17 PM
As long as you get your fees returned also its all good. Just post the stock here and don't worry about paying posting/listing fees later.

12GAUGE
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Fortunately the stock sold anyways. They ended it after some hit Buy It Now.
So the buyer contacted me and we went through with the sale.

Here was my response to the cancellation.

Message: 280334836327 - Revolution Blue Thumbhole Stock for a Ruger Mini 14
> You policy are ridiculous! It is a stock you have hundreds of them listed. A Ruger Mini 14 is not a So called Assault Weapon.
> Here is a list of the Roberti-Roos AW list and a Ruger mini 14 or 30 is not listed. If Ebay is going to take such a political stance against gun owners at least get your facts strait before you unfairly cancel auctions
> Armalite: AR-180
> Beretta: AR-70
> Bushmaster Assault Rifle
> Calico: M-900
> Colt: AR-15 (all)
> Daewoo: AR 100, AR110 C
> Daewoo: K-1, K-2, Max 1, Max 2
> Fabrique Nationale: 308 Match, Sporter
> Fabrique Nationale: FAL, LAR, FNC
> HK: 91, 93, 94, PSG-1
> IMI: Galil, Uzi
> J&R ENG: M-68
> MAADI CO: AK47, ARM
> Made in China: 56, 56S, 84S, 86S, AKS
> Made in China: AK, AK47, AK47S, AKM
> Made in Spain: CETME Sporter
> MAS: 223
> Norinco: 56, 56 S, 84S, 86S
> Poly technologies: AK47, AKS
> RPB Industries, Inc.: sM10, sM11
> SIG: AMT, PE-57, SG 550, SG 551
> SKS w/ detachable magazine
> Springfield Armory: BM59, SAR-48
> Sterling: MK-6
> Steyr: AUG
> SWD Incorporated: M11
> Valmet: M62S, M71S, M78S
> Weaver Arms: Nighthawk
> American Arms: AK-C 47, AK-F 47
> American Arms: , AK-Y 39, AK-F 39
> Arsenal: SLG (all)
> Arsenal: SLR (all)
> B-West: AK-47 (all)
> Hesse Arms: Model 47 (all)
> Hesse Arms: Wieger STG 940 Rifle
> Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC: AK-47 (all)
> Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC: M-97
> Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC: RPK
> Kalashnikov USA: Hunter Rifle / Saiga
> MAADI CO: MISR (all)
> MAADI CO: MISTR (all)
> Mitchell Arms, Inc.: AK-47 (all)
> Mitchell Arms, Inc.: AK-47 Cal .308 (all)
> Mitchell Arms, Inc.: M-76, M-90
> Mitchell Arms, Inc.: RPK
> Norinco: 81 S (all)
> Norinco: 86 (all)
> Norinco: AK-47 (all)
> Norinco: Hunter Rifle
> Norinco: MAK 90
> Norinco: NHM 90, 90-2, 91 Sport
> Norinco: RPK Rifle
> Ohio Ordnance Works: AK-74
> Ohio Ordnance Works: ROMAK 991
> Valmet: 76 S, Hunter Rifle
> WUM: WUM (all)
> American Spirit: USA Model
> Armalite: AR 10 (all), M15 (all)
> Armalite: Golden Eagle
> Bushmaster: XM15 (all)
> Colt: Law Enforcement (6920)
> Colt: Match Target (all)
> Colt: Sporter (all)
> Dalphon: B. F. D.
> DPMS: Panther (all)
> Eagle Arms: EA-15 A2 H-BAR, EA-15 E1
> Eagle Arms: M15 (all)
> Frankford Arsenal: AR-15 (all)
> Hesse Arms: HAR 15A2 (all)
> Knights: RAS (all), SR-15 (all)
> Knights: SR-25 (all)
> Les Baer: Ultimate AR (all)
> Olympic Arms: AR-15, Car-97, PCR (all)
> Ordnance, Inc.: AR-15
> Palmetto: SGA (all)
> Professional Ordnance, Inc.: Carbon 15 Rifle
> PWA: All Models
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: Car A2
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: Car A4 Flattop
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: LE Tactical Carbine
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: NM A2 - DCM Legal
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: Standard A-2
> Rock River Arms, Inc.: Standard A-4 Flattop
> Wilson Combat:ar15
>

Millions-Knives
04-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Well, if some unsuspecting Californian purchased your stock and popped it on their brand new Mini-14... they would have an assault weapon, wouldn't they?

*But it seems like they sell Flash Hiders too...

jtippins
04-18-2009, 11:40 PM
ebay does not have a good standard... they cancel some and not others

CnCFunFactory
04-19-2009, 12:24 AM
That is so lame! They canceled a CETME M4 style stock I had for sale a while back as well. If you include the word "airsoft" (wink,wink), it makes it ok from what I understand.

It sure does! Just bought a complete "airsoft" buttstock from e-Tard I mean e-bay. :thumbsup:

Mozzetti
04-19-2009, 12:28 AM
All because of their past dumb.ss CEO Meg W. brought politics into a publicly traded company. I am sure she is now running for something or other.

She messed up the whole company, that is why there is no growth left in the company and most people have taken their business elsewhere.

DanHuuN
04-19-2009, 12:32 AM

> You policy are ridiculous! It is a stock you have hundreds of them listed. A Ruger Mini 14 is not a So called Assault Weapon.
> Here is a list of the Roberti-Roos AW list and a Ruger mini 14 or 30 is not listed. If Ebay is going to take such a political stance against gun owners at least get your facts strait before you unfairly cancel auctions

>

Jokes on you.....you tell them to get their facts "strait" --- it's spelt STRAIGHT

JUST PLAYING...and JUST GIVING YOU A HARD TIME.

I do apologize and I'm sorry for being an AS*HOLE...

JUST BORED..

Ultimately it sold....so glad everything worked out.

gcvt
04-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Jokes on you.....you tell them to get their facts "strait" --- it's spelt STRAIGHT

JUST PLAYING...and JUST GIVING YOU A HARD TIME.

I do apologize and I'm sorry for being an AS*HOLE...

JUST BORED..

Ultimately it sold....so glad everything worked out.

You're a spelling expert, clearly.

12GAUGE
04-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Nice gvct

HA HA, I know, I caught that right after I hit send.

CALI-gula
04-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, if some unsuspecting Californian purchased your stock and popped it on their brand new Mini-14... they would have an assault weapon, wouldn't they?

*But it seems like they sell Flash Hiders too...

Not if the unsuspecting Californian is suspected to A) follow the law and B) use a bullet button.

Ebay blows. It once served to give a great boost to the US economy; now it's just an empty shell of what it once had been.

DanHuuN
04-19-2009, 1:17 AM
You're a spelling expert, clearly.

spell
1   /spɛl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [spel] Show IPA verb, spelled or spelt, spell⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to name, write, or otherwise give the letters, in order, of (a word, syllable, etc.): Did I spell your name right?
2. (of letters) to form (a word, syllable, etc.): The letters spelled a rather rude word.
3. to read letter by letter or with difficulty (often fol. by out): She painfully spelled out the message.
4. to discern or find, as if by reading or study (often fol. by out).
5. to signify; amount to: This delay spells disaster for us.
–verb (used without object)
6. to name, write, or give the letters of words, syllables, etc.: He spells poorly.
7. to express words by letters, esp. correctly.
—Verb phrases
8. spell down, to outspell others in a spelling match.
9. spell out,
a. to explain something explicitly, so that the meaning is unmistakable: Must I spell it out for you?
b. to write out in full or enumerate the letters of which a word is composed: The title “Ph.D.” is seldom spelled out.

OTHERWISE I would have agreed with you....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt

ErikTheRed
04-19-2009, 1:39 AM
Yep, that sucks, but still better than craigslist policy---- NOTHING gun-related is allowed, not even spent brass casings. Wanna talk gay? THATS friggin' gay.

gcvt
04-19-2009, 1:41 AM
spell
1   /spɛl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [spel] Show IPA verb, spelled or spelt, spell⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to name, write, or otherwise give the letters, in order, of (a word, syllable, etc.): Did I spell your name right?
2. (of letters) to form (a word, syllable, etc.): The letters spelled a rather rude word.
3. to read letter by letter or with difficulty (often fol. by out): She painfully spelled out the message.
4. to discern or find, as if by reading or study (often fol. by out).
5. to signify; amount to: This delay spells disaster for us.
–verb (used without object)
6. to name, write, or give the letters of words, syllables, etc.: He spells poorly.
7. to express words by letters, esp. correctly.
—Verb phrases
8. spell down, to outspell others in a spelling match.
9. spell out,
a. to explain something explicitly, so that the meaning is unmistakable: Must I spell it out for you?
b. to write out in full or enumerate the letters of which a word is composed: The title “Ph.D.” is seldom spelled out.

OTHERWISE I would have agreed with you....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt

Dang :detective:

ErikTheRed
04-19-2009, 1:46 AM
Oh, btw.... "spelt" is commonly accepted as proper in English, but not necessarily American English. So get it strate.

:D

barrym66
04-19-2009, 1:47 AM
All because of their past dumb.ss CEO Meg W. brought politics into a publicly traded company. I am sure she is now running for something or other.

She messed up the whole company, that is why there is no growth left in the company and most people have taken their business elsewhere.

FWIW, "Ms. Meg" has openly stated her goal of running for CA Governator in the near future. She's very anti....

Barry

gcvt
04-19-2009, 2:00 AM
Oh, btw.... "spelt" is commonly accepted as proper in English, but not necessarily American English. So get it strate.

:D

Like aluminum and aluminium? Do I have that strate ;)

BTW, ebay sucks on every level....period.

X-NewYawker
04-19-2009, 9:46 AM
Okay. The Korean kid that shot up Virginia Tech bout a P-22 magazine from Ebay. There was an uproar -- Ebay was looking at a million liability lawsuits -- so they changed their policy. They cancelled my JAE stock auction when I had a HUGE bid on it -- and t here was another one listed at the same time. Why did they cancel MINE? Because I said "fits the LRB M-14" in the text. They have a global search in for the model numbers of guns classified as AWs. End of story. Sold it on GB at a loss. F Ebay for gunstuff

Turbinator
04-19-2009, 9:58 AM
Here's the trick. Can any of us start a competitive site that beats out eBay in terms of buyers and popularity? Even Yahoo auctions is not really heard of any longer. Tough call. I know we have our own site starting soon, but how will we reach the same magnitude as the incumbents? Dunno.

Turby

qaz987
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I use Gunbroker, Calguns, or any other forums like RFC, Glocktalk, etc.

eBay and Paypal for me are just past history.

97F1504RAD
04-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Ask them why this guy is allowed to have a store with this then.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKS-RIFLE-6-POSITION-T6-STOCK-GRIP-HANDGUARD-BLACK_W0QQitemZ390038767903QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_ Parts?hash=item390038767903&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
My question is... Why are people still using Ebay?:nuts:

gunzor
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
My question is... Why are people still using Ebay?:nuts:Because you CAN get good deals on there. Not to mention that, in general, if it's up for auction, it's in stock and on hand right then and there.

I've seen so many sites lately that don't have their items marked "OUT OF STOCK", so I don't know if I will have it in a week or 6 months if I buy from them. I then go over to eBay and search out what I'm looking for. So far, for my AR build, I have found:

Smith Vortex f/h w/crush washer
YHM flattop gas block
YHM single point sling adapter
Magpul modular rail covers
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Gear Sector ASP single-point sling
and an EOTech 552 A65/1

All for relatively competitive prices. I know they're not all "high ticket" items (well, 'cept the 552...;)), but I got all of them within days of finding them, some with free shipping.

Ebay isn't all bad, you know...

04-20-2009, 3:38 PM
Because you CAN get good deals on there. Not to mention that, in general, if it's up for auction, it's in stock and on hand right then and there.

I've seen so many sites lately that don't have their items marked "OUT OF STOCK", so I don't know if I will have it in a week or 6 months if I buy from them. I then go over to eBay and search out what I'm looking for. So far, for my AR build, I have found:

YHM flattop gas block
and an EOTech 552 A65/1

All for relatively competitive prices. I know they're not all "high ticket" items (well, 'cept the 552...;)), but I got all of them within days of finding them, some with free shipping.

Well good for you. I on the other hand refuse to support those who are want remove my 2A rights.

shark92651
04-20-2009, 3:43 PM
Ebay - doing their part to rid society of those evil assault slings

superjc
04-20-2009, 3:56 PM
You guys are gonna have to get creative- I used to see 75 round AK drums for sale on there, "holds ten rounds per eBay policy" or whatever. Just find a buyer and comminuque the details.

DanHuuN
04-20-2009, 4:36 PM
Because you CAN get good deals on there. Not to mention that, in general, if it's up for auction, it's in stock and on hand right then and there.

YHM flattop gas block
and an EOTech 552 A65/1

I dont mean to stray off topic, but from my understanding isn't the VORTEX self-tightening? No need for a crush washer? Anyways, glad you had a good experience with EBAY.

ErikTheRed
04-20-2009, 5:14 PM
If we're gonna bash E-Bay and such sites who refuse to allow any gun-related commerce, then we should also be bashing the hundreds upon hundreds of Gunbroker (and other) sellers who refuse to do business with California buyers. Same idea applies-- a denial of 2nd Amendment rights. Sure, I understand that trying to do business through all the CA BS is probably a hassle, but thats all it is..... a hassle. Nothing illegal about it. Soon enough, because of people not willing to deal with the hassle, these Nazi-esque laws will make their way into other states that we now consider "gun safe". Then what?

12GAUGE
04-27-2009, 7:42 AM
If we're gonna bash E-Bay and such sites who refuse to allow any gun-related commerce, then we should also be bashing the hundreds upon hundreds of Gunbroker (and other) sellers who refuse to do business with California buyers. Same idea applies-- a denial of 2nd Amendment rights. Sure, I understand that trying to do business through all the CA BS is probably a hassle, but thats all it is..... a hassle. Nothing illegal about it. Soon enough, because of people not willing to deal with the hassle, these Nazi-esque laws will make their way into other states that we now consider "gun safe". Then what?

We do, They get called out all the time.

Hoop
04-27-2009, 7:45 AM

Yeah, I put up a scope mount and it got canceled because I put in the ad that it fit AK type rifles. However, if you search AK SCOPE MOUNT you find tons of stuff, so no idea why mine was canceled. Another auction I had was canceled because I put BNIB in the title. Frigging Ebay.

pdq_wizzard
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKS-RIFLE-6-POSITION-T6-STOCK-GRIP-HANDGUARD-BLACK_W0QQitemZ390038767903QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_ Parts?hash=item390038767903&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

haven't seen it or the feedback of 101381 @ 99.7% positive is making them a lot of $$$$$

just a thought :TFH:

bigthaiboy
05-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Ebay cancelled an auction I had for a set of factory Saiga stock set. I sent an email saying this stock is from a RAA Saiga and not a Kalashnikov USA Saiga, and explained the difference (Roberti-Roos list). Two days later they wrote back apologizing that they had made a mistake and that they would refund the fees and that I could relist the item if I wanted.

Fred Flintstone
05-28-2009, 12:02 AM

agreed. they also do horrible things to people selling authentic things like... gold bullion by allowing sh**heads selling fake lead coins that have a very thin outer gilding of gold leaf as "pure gold clad American Eagle" and so forth to flood the section with things that aren't even on target. those motherf*****s don't even come down on the sellers who are purposefully advertising their junk "coins" in a legitimate high value section. not even remotely similar, unless you consider a coin worth maybe a few pennies is comparable to another coin worth over $1000. i have done a lot of gold/silver buying/selling over the years. as you can tell this is one of my pet peeves, is the a**holes who try to fool others with junk wares and ebay who allow them to repeatedly even after i hollar and raise ruccous and throw big stones and rocks around, sik Dino on them, etc.. so now i resort to bullying tactics with the junk sellers. just for fun :43: it is a stress reliever, might try that sometime if you get the chance :thumbsup: i highly recommend!

you bring up standards. standards? there are none except they have a standard approach to jacking you. ebay does what ebay does because they are money grubbing cowards. they are like hyenas. relentless hyenas. not coyote, hyenas. they get you from all angles and when you try to defend yourself they get you from the opposite side, this fee, that fee, enforced paypal up to buyer discretion not seller, paypal fee to process payment, then cash out your paypal account fee, you start with $100 sale and you take home like $85 of that if you are lucky.

gunboat
05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Why do you deal with an anti-gun business?

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 4:01 AM
The Ruger mini 14 is not an assault rifle. David Roberti excluded this model from his s-- list of those 54 banned weapons because too many people already owned them! The same goes for the surplus and commercial M-1 carbines as well as the Springfield M1-A.

Thumbhole stocks were originally made for custom built bolt action target rifles. They weren't even that common until reintroduced as the substitute for the pistol grips which were banned by the AWB in 1989. Remember that post-ban Norico MAK-90? How in the hell is a blank piece of wood or molded fiberglass considered to be an assault weapon without any barreled receiver?

The female IDIOT responsible for EBAY's crazy anti-gun policies wants to be governor. Meg Whitman's other Republican opponent is former rep. Tom Campbell who earned a F- rating from the NRA because he is a hard core anti-gun politician! I hate to admit that voting Democratic in 2010 can't be any worse than putting up with these GOP losers...

ttboy
05-28-2009, 6:24 AM
The Ruger mini 14 is not an assault rifle. David Roberti excluded this model from his s-- list of those 54 banned weapons because too many people already owned them! The same goes for the surplus and commercial M-1 carbines as well as the Springfield M1-A.

Thumbhole stocks were originally made for custom built bolt action target rifles. They weren't even that common until reintroduced as the substitute for the pistol grips which were banned by the AWB in 1989. Remember that post-ban Norico MAK-90? How in the hell is a blank piece of wood or molded fiberglass considered to be an assault weapon without any barreled receiver?

The female IDIOT responsible for EBAY's crazy anti-gun policies wants to be governor. Meg Whitman's other Republican opponent is former rep. Tom Campbell who earned a F- rating from the NRA because he is a hard core anti-gun politician! I hate to admit that voting Democratic in 2010 can't be any worse than putting up with these GOP losers...

The reason I'm looking at property in Arizona.

Bagelthief
05-28-2009, 9:53 AM
SOOO true...AZ is where im going...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 7:26 PM
I talked to another guy who was hassled for selling some M1 Garand clips. Those are arbitrarily forbidden, but the same type of feeding devices for the Mauser broomhandle pistol, Mannichler-Carcano and Steyr model 1895 rifles are fine. Any assault rifle bayonet is permitted on EBAY except the ones that fit on the end of an AK-47

Don't try to sell a 1939 iron cross on EBAY either, but the China Incident medals (awarded to Japanese soldiers) who raped thousands of women and girls in Nanking is just fine. Meg Whitman and her ilk don't care if Serbian nationalists peddle T shirts depicting the faces of Slobodan Milosevic and other modern day war criminals, whose acts of genocide are still fresh in the world's mind.

It's time to stop harassing the kids who downloaded a few MP-3s on Napster. Maybe one day, the RIAA will realize that a constant deluge of pirated music can be found of EBAY too...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 7:39 PM
The reason I'm looking at property in Arizona.
I sold my Cobray MAC-10 to a friend that moved to ARIZONA about 20 years ago. I didn't have much use for it and the $400 came in handy too.

I'm not the kind of guy who will register his guns just to satisfy those fascists in Sacramento! And no regrets either, after they sent letters threatening to prosecute 2000 law abiding suckers, who purchased their SKS sporters from the FFLs. Kalifornia's population centers are full of stupid mindless cretins, who still don't know that their own corrupt regeime has confiscated guns from the public just like the Nazis...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 7:49 PM

AMEN; but these idiots don't care. Fortunately it's easy to provide an e-mail address to the sellers and deal with it privately. I was able to pick up some complete type 38 Arisaka barrels at reasonable prices. Then I found somebody who will sell whatever I want and no BS. Wanna p--- them off? It's easy to handle gun sales with Paypal if you list the money transfers under goods or services. None of their g--damned business why...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 7:57 PM
It sure does! Just bought a complete "airsoft" buttstock from e-Tard I mean e-bay. :thumbsup:
Why does EBAY even allow those Airsoft look-a-like guns? The police have shot several kids, only to discover in horror, that it was just a toy. Do you guys remember the retarded 6 year old who brandished a cap pistol at a San Francisco cop about 5 years ago. He's dead. They will continue with this hypocrisy until somebody sues them for contributing to a wrongful death. A thumbhole stock won't kill anybody...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:01 PM

Like I said, she's running for governor. Lets hope the Democrats nail her butt over EBAY's constant deluge of pirated music and Serbian war criminals T shirts. Tom Campbell is a proven hard core anti-gunner with a F rating rating from the NRA. The Republican party offers us nothing in 2010. Their main candidates are worse than the Democrats...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:03 PM
Yep, that sucks, but still better than craigslist policy---- NOTHING gun-related is allowed, not even spent brass casings. Wanna talk gay? THATS friggin' gay.
Empty shells were banned by EBAY in August of 2008...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:14 PM
FWIW, "Ms. Meg" has openly stated her goal of running for CA Governator in the near future. She's very anti....

Barry
The GOP couldn't find lousier candidates if they tried! I'll vote for a wishy-washy Democrat like Moonbean Brown; before I vote for Whitman or Sarah Brady's lap dog Tom Campbell. He is a Dianne Feinstein monster with a d---. Don't be surprised if he is endorsed by HCI despite the donkeys being the usual choice of the Gun Control Lobby.

Campbell was right there with New York rep. Chuck Schumer with his activist schemes to shove gun legislation up your --- sideways in the 1980s. This earned him a F rating from the NRA...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:19 PM
Here's the trick. Can any of us start a competitive site that beats out eBay in terms of buyers and popularity? Even Yahoo auctions is not really heard of any longer. Tough call. I know we have our own site starting soon, but how will we reach the same magnitude as the incumbents? Dunno.

Turby
Yahoo auctions still exist overseas. Gun broker is not the answer because they treat us like third class citizens and won't ship legal items to kommiefornia. There is a place called BluJay, where people sell some gun parts in the Buy it now format. They won't hassle you over a damned stock either. Post your item for free and name your price. No limit on how long you leave it up...

http://blujay.com/

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:22 PM

It's just more proof that some people at EBAY don't know their butts from a hole in the ground...

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 8:27 PM
Yeah, I put up a scope mount and it got canceled because I put in the ad that it fit AK type rifles. However, if you search AK SCOPE MOUNT you find tons of stuff, so no idea why mine was canceled. Another auction I had was canceled because I put BNIB in the title. Frigging Ebay.
They cancelled a guy from Oregon who sold barrel wrenches and vises. He fought those idiots for more than two weeks to get them back on EBAY. Why are reloading tools Ok but not empty brass shell casings?

tango5
05-28-2009, 9:30 PM
I cant sell my Extended Bolt Releases on eBay if i even mention in the ad that its for an AR15. The auction gets gagged within a mater of minutes.

cousinkix1953
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I cant sell my Extended Bolt Releases on eBay if i even mention in the ad that its for an AR15. The auction gets gagged within a mater of minutes.
Because you mentioned the nasty word, AR-15. This is why people advertise AK-47 bayonets simply as Russian, Romamian etc or as early or late models. Don't tell a moron what rifle it fits on. I often see firing pins labeled as generic parts for certain models of firearms...

bigthaiboy
05-29-2009, 12:56 AM

People just list them as: for Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, Stag, RRA, .223

cousinkix1953
05-29-2009, 2:09 AM
Okay. The Korean kid that shot up Virginia Tech bout a P-22 magazine from Ebay. There was an uproar -- Ebay was looking at a million liability lawsuits -- so they changed their policy. They cancelled my JAE stock auction when I had a HUGE bid on it -- and t here was another one listed at the same time. Why did they cancel MINE? Because I said "fits the LRB M-14" in the text. They have a global search in for the model numbers of guns classified as AWs. End of story. Sold it on GB at a loss. F Ebay for gunstuff
And just say, "f--- Whitman" for governor too. What we need is a phony campaign bumper sticker with her name on it and the international "no guns" symbol on it for free negative advertising in 2010.
http://www.myparkingsign.com/companies/safetyxpress/mediumres/k/k-1209m.gif
The same goes for Tom Campbell too. His activist anti-gun efforts in Congress in the 80s, are as bad as Feinstein is today...

cousinkix1953
05-29-2009, 2:13 AM
People just list them as: for Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, Stag, RRA, .223
Exactly right! EBAY is full of these idiots. Our first female GOP governor might even be the first really stupid one too. I turned on the KTVU news at 10:00 on Friday night. This dumb broad and her senile war hero buddy are already on the campaign trail. Never mind that she can't even file her formal candidacy before January 1, 2010...