PDA

View Full Version : They wouldn't let me shoot my GSG-5!

Weasel
04-18-2009, 4:15 PM
So I went to a range in Elk Grove today to try out my new GSG-5. This is an indoor range but I know they allow pistol caliber centerfire and rimfire firearms so I assumed I would be good to go. When I was signing in, the guy at the counter asked me what I had in my bag. I stated it was a GSG-5 and he said I couldn't shoot it at their range. Confused, I told him it was a 22 caliber and he said he knew that... He then said that they don't allow "assault style" rifles. The way he said it led me to believe that this was a recent change but I'm not too sure... This is disappointing because this was my favorite range to go to.

Has anyone else ran into something like this?

ke6guj
04-18-2009, 4:53 PM
yup, GSG-5 not allowed at The Gun Room in Elk Grove (www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=141496)

f4iguy
04-18-2009, 4:54 PM
If its the Gun Room its an ongoing policy.

Non the less ridiculous.

Saigon1965
04-18-2009, 5:25 PM
Camo the gun - Perhaps they can't tell that it's a .22 -

Arteel
04-18-2009, 5:27 PM
:rofl:

Camo the gun - Perhaps they can't tell that it's a .22 -

Yup, they wont allow anything that "looks" like an "assault" weapon.

mossyxd
04-18-2009, 8:37 PM
go to sac valley range in Sloughouse

Arteel
04-18-2009, 8:42 PM
+ one

go to sac valley range in Sloughouse

Gryff
04-18-2009, 8:49 PM
They are a bunch of pansies at that range.

There are also idiots...they've had a "previous rental" S&W 1911 for sale in the retail shop for the past six months. The lugs (or whatever the proper term is) inside the slide that the bushing connects with have broken off (so the bushing won't stay inside the slide), and the gun obviously has many thousand rounds through it. They want $650 and the owner won't budge on the price (even after six months).

They vie with with TargetMasters in Milpitas for the title of "Northern California's Most Moronic Range/Shop."

Weasel
04-18-2009, 9:20 PM
Is this something new there? Or has that always been the case?

Seesm
04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Is this something new there? Or has that always been the case?

are you talking the part of them vieing with with TargetMasters in Milpitas for the title of "Northern California's Most Moronic Range/Shop." ?

Not from what I have heard... :)

cdtx2001
04-19-2009, 7:08 AM
I love how you can't go shoot by yourself in TargetMasters, you might kill yourself and the other person is there to stop you.

With more rules and regulation stupity, I don't bother with a range especially with a 22.

fullrearview
04-19-2009, 2:47 PM
So I went to a range in Elk Grove today to try out my new GSG-5. This is an indoor range but I know they allow pistol caliber centerfire and rimfire firearms so I assumed I would be good to go. When I was signing in, the guy at the counter asked me what I had in my bag. I stated it was a GSG-5 and he said I couldn't shoot it at their range. Confused, I told him it was a 22 caliber and he said he knew that... He then said that they don't allow "assault style" rifles. The way he said it led me to believe that this was a recent change but I'm not too sure... This is disappointing because this was my favorite range to go to.

Has anyone else ran into something like this?

didn't even have to read the thread... and knew it was....the ultra crappy gun room!!!

gotgunz
04-19-2009, 3:25 PM
the ultra crappy gun room!!!

So, you're a regular patron there?

LOL