PDA

View Full Version : Mon., 4/20, 6pm (PST) MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show "...Progress on Gun Control"

River Jack
04-18-2009, 1:19 AM
Just saw a commercial on MSNBC for an up-and-coming piece on gun control:

This Monday, 4/20, 6pm (PST) on MSNBC, the Rachel Maddow Show, "Columbine 10 years Later: Progress on Gun Control"

Should be interesting...

RJ

gcvt
04-18-2009, 1:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up...DVR set.

KWA-S
04-18-2009, 1:31 AM
I just saw a piece there about kids and guns where they tried to make it sound like six year old kids owning automatic AR15s and gun pre-schools were every day things in the US. It was the biggest combo of anti FUD I've ever seen "black, semi automatic, high capacity AR15 used by elite special forces" I was somewhat amused by the complete stupidity of the piece, and how strawman the gun owners were. I mean, no one could be stupid enough to fall for that, right?

Turns out everyone else in the room did.

jkchan83
04-18-2009, 7:14 AM
Sorry, but I have blocked MSNBC on my TVs. That network is a danger to my TV as I often feel the need to throw something at it when watching.

lioneaglegriffin
04-18-2009, 9:40 AM
you'd be suprised she talks to more republicans on her than any show on MSNBC IMO. of course she gives em a good liberal grilling but at least she seeks to talk to the opposition on a issue, unlike keith olberman.

Jarrod
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
<snip>... I mean, no one could be stupid enough to fall for that, right? ...

Um, we both live in the same country, right? The same country that elected BHO?

AlexDD
04-18-2009, 1:01 PM
Sorry, but I have blocked MSNBC on my TVs. That network is a danger to my TV as I often feel the need to throw something at it when watching.

Same here. :thumbsup:

BroncoBob
04-18-2009, 1:15 PM
Any thing that comes out that rags mouth is nothing but crap.

nic
04-18-2009, 1:42 PM
Rachel Madcow and her Ilk will not get a single second of my valuable time.
I'm so sick of these anti-gun hit pieces on TV.

Trendkill
04-18-2009, 1:57 PM
Isn't she the annoying chick with the man voice and the boy hair???

KWA-S
04-18-2009, 2:18 PM
Um, we both live in the same country, right? The same country that elected BHO?

Dont remind me.

Its even more dismal that have the libs I know say "Everyone else voted for him because of the hype but I'm special cause I agree with his ideas."
"Which ideas are those?"
"Uhh...."

OldGunTard
04-18-2009, 2:37 PM
I read that on Maddow's first date with the woman with whom she currently lives, Maddow took her to a range. Maddow shot an "M-16" per the other woman's account. Some kind of EBR, presumably.

SJgunguy24
04-18-2009, 3:03 PM
I read that on Maddow's first date with the woman with whom she currently lives, Maddow took her to a range. Maddow shot an "M-16" per the other woman's account. Some kind of EBR, presumably.

I thought that "A shot from M-16" was just a sperm donor to her.

lioneaglegriffin
04-18-2009, 4:04 PM
Isn't she the annoying chick with the man voice and the boy hair???

she is a lesbian after all.

Jpach
04-18-2009, 4:38 PM
I just saw a piece there about kids and guns where they tried to make it sound like six year old kids owning automatic AR15s and gun pre-schools were every day things in the US. It was the biggest combo of anti FUD I've ever seen "black, semi automatic, high capacity AR15 used by elite special forces" I was somewhat amused by the complete stupidity of the piece, and how strawman the gun owners were. I mean, no one could be stupid enough to fall for that, right?

I was watching that too. Last night right? Haha I remember that whole AR-15 special forces part. My favorite was probably when the guy talked about how one of the household's had an AK-47, capable of firing more than 600 rounds per minute and that the girl has access to it. Thanks for further confusing the sheeple and making more people think AK variants are full auto MSNBC! :thumbsup:

KylaGWolf
04-18-2009, 5:06 PM

Unfortunately lots of people are going to fall for it hook line and sinker.

tombinghamthegreat
04-18-2009, 5:08 PM
Progress? wow this sounds very antigun.

jumbopanda
04-18-2009, 5:47 PM
Progress? wow this sounds very antigun.

Exactly what I was thinking.

escon1
04-18-2009, 8:09 PM
she is a lesbian after all.

Wow, I am so surprised. By far, way more annoying the Olberhole, well, maybe not by that much. They are both douchebags.

GrayWolf09
04-18-2009, 8:35 PM
I fail to understand why some of the people here believe her sexual orientation has any bearing on her ability to host a tv show.
:dots:

lioneaglegriffin
04-18-2009, 9:09 PM
I fail to understand why some of the people here believe her sexual orientation has any bearing on her ability to host a tv show.
no said it had anything to do with her ability

chick with the man voice and the boy hair???

i was explaining to the fella that she is not a wierd female but a lesbian the represents the "pants" as opposed to the lipstick lesbian.

not all people are aware of LGBT culture.

OldGunTard
04-18-2009, 9:11 PM

And I'm a little surprised at the lack of reaction to the shooting-range-on-first-date-anecdote. Doesn't that set up a more complex and interesting story than was first set out in this thread? Yes, she's a liberal. But she's also apparently a shooter. Isn't that intriguing?

Trendkill
04-18-2009, 9:14 PM

It does if she is a radical and believes that the (Liberal) democratic party is going to save her....and then she goes on to spread biased information that praises the wacko lefties and demonizes anyone on the right.

I am pro rights for all.....not pro gay agendas. Agendas generally take the rights of others while granting more rights to someone else.

I am a Libertarian....and therefore believe ALL U.S. citizens should be granted equal rights...all.

Theseus
04-18-2009, 9:24 PM

Didn't you know that lesbian women make better TV show hosts? Just like all gay guys are better dressers!

;)

lioneaglegriffin
04-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Didn't you know that lesbian women make better TV show hosts? Just like all gay guys are better dressers!

;)

like Greta van Susteren. :p

i kid shes married to a guy,

gcvt
04-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I just saw the promo for the first time myself...showing a "scary" weapon.

"Rachel tracks Columbine ten years later. Will progress finally be made on gun control? The Rachel Maddow Show, Monday at 9 on MSNBC."

I'm sure it will be completely balanced and fair :rolleyes:

I could care less if she's a lesbian. She's a reporter.

cassius
04-19-2009, 1:24 AM

This Monday, 4/20, 6pm (PST) on MSNBC, the Rachel Maddow Show, "Columbine 10 years Later: Progress on Gun Control"

Should be interesting...

RJ
What on earth could be "interesting" about a rabid lesbian activist and former Air America Liberal Radio failure doing what will almost certainly be a complete smear piece, on a rabidly-liberal and baltantly lie-filled cablenews network?

cassius
04-19-2009, 1:28 AM
Yes, radical politics, self-centered choices foisted on others via courts and media coercion, Deconstructionist agendas seeking to redifine the very core precepts of our society. Why would that have any impact at all on her ability to reach a broader audience?

Dr. Peter Venkman
04-19-2009, 2:04 AM
And I'm a little surprised at the lack of reaction to the shooting-range-on-first-date-anecdote. Doesn't that set up a more complex and interesting story than was first set out in this thread? Yes, she's a liberal. But she's also apparently a shooter. Isn't that intriguing?

No, it just makes her more retarded. :thumbsup:

otteray
04-19-2009, 6:28 AM

"Rachel tracks Columbine ten years later. Will progress finally be made on gun control? The Rachel Maddow Show, Monday at 9 on MSNBC."

She's a far left, hateful commentator, not a reporter.
I've unsuccessfully attempted to watch her several times.
I can't get past her childish, mocking attitude toward those that disagree with her way of thinking.

lomalinda
04-19-2009, 6:43 AM
She's very intelligent and well-spoken. In combination with her ability to mock and put others' ideas down, these characteristics make her a very dangerous enemy of the 2A.

cdtx2001
04-19-2009, 6:46 AM
What did we all expect, IT'S MSNBC!!! Did anyone actually expect a true unbiased report to come from them? Might as well have come from CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC.... Come to think of it, is there an unbiased news station left in the US?

The only reason to watch some of these programs is to see how hot the new anchors ladies are. There is some real eye candy out there. The only ones I avoid like the plague is Nancy Grace and Dianne Sawyer, useless biased crap and nothing good to look at.

Vectrexer
04-19-2009, 9:37 AM
She's very intelligent and well-spoken. In combination with her ability to mock and put others' ideas down, these characteristics make her a very dangerous enemy of the 2A.

An intelligent comment and a good warning.

radioburning
04-19-2009, 9:43 AM
Please, please, please, if anybody finds a way to leave comments about the show(on their forum or blog or whatever), which I'm sure will be a total hit piece, don't give them any ammo to use on a later show by leaving hate-filled rants, threats, or insults about her sexuality. Just stick to the facts, and why specifically you are displeased with the story. Anything after that is just gonna paint all us gunners as rabid, irrational, closed-minded haters. Don't give 'em the satisfaction. I'm sure we'll all find something in the story to be very angry about, but red-faced yelling in their faces will do our side absolutely no good...

DDT
04-19-2009, 9:43 AM
Strange, I never watch MSNBC and I recently saw a youtube posting from a clip of her show that was all about the use of the term "teabagging" as it relates to the recent tax day "Tea Party" events across the nation. I thought her show was a humor show like the Colbert Report but it sounds like she is supposed to be straight news. Is this correct?

Mazilla
04-19-2009, 9:44 AM
She's very intelligent and well-spoken. In combination with her ability to mock and put others' ideas down....

so are 9/10 stand up comedians...

River Jack
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM

[b]"Rachel tracks Columbine ten years later. Will progress finally be made on gun control? The Rachel Maddow Show, Monday at 9 on MSNBC."

BTW - "Monday at 9" is Eastern time, so that's 6pm here in sunny CA.

I have no doubt this will likely take an anti-gun slant. I, however, think it is a good idea to see what these people are reporting to know how to more effectively counter their arguments.

lioneaglegriffin
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Strange, I never watch MSNBC and I recently saw a youtube posting from a clip of her show that was all about the use of the term "teabagging" as it relates to the recent tax day "Tea Party" events across the nation. I thought her show was a humor show like the Colbert Report but it sounds like she is supposed to be straight news. Is this correct?

she claims to be a policy geek, so she lays out progressive and conservative policies and put a humorous slant on somethings. She does have a serious segment called: talk me down.

GrayWolf09
04-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Please, please, please, if anybody finds a way to leave comments about the show(on their forum or blog or whatever), which I'm sure will be a total hit piece, don't give them any ammo to use on a later show by leaving hate-filled rants, threats, or insults about her sexuality. Just stick to the facts, and why specifically you are displeased with the story. Anything after that is just gonna paint all us gunners as rabid, irrational, closed-minded haters. Don't give 'em the satisfaction. I'm sure we'll all find something in the story to be very angry about, but red-faced yelling in their faces will do our side absolutely no good...

+1 I find Rachel Maddow to be intelligent and articulate. I will be sure to watch Monday and I will hope that it is fair and balanced not a hit piece. I will respond if I believe she is wrong. I am not going to debate this further, because I tend to get polemical, but I believe that our 2A rights will come under attack in the next few years and I believe we will need every vote we can muster to protect our rights, including those of gays and lesbian and even liberals. I believe that there are people here who attempt to minimize her opinions by calling her a lesbian and a "douche", just as there are those on the other side who attempt to minimize ours by categorizing us as Neanderthal, bigoted, rednecks resembling neo-Nazis. Using the polemical attacks in this forum just confirms their false prejudices and gives them additional ammunition.

Can we confine this to 2A issues and agree that we are all in this together.

:yes:

gcvt
04-20-2009, 4:59 PM
It's time :banghead:

Silencer
04-20-2009, 5:25 PM
I missed the first 10 minutes. Did she comment of the anything firearm related yet? I don't want to watch the rest of the this woman for another minute, if I don't have to.

gcvt
04-20-2009, 5:26 PM
Nothing gun related yet. The first ten minutes was about torture stuff.

Silencer
04-20-2009, 5:27 PM
Nothing gun related yet. The first ten minutes was about torture stuff.

OK, thanks. I saw the end of that issue.

OldGunTard
04-20-2009, 5:58 PM
Umm, so there was not a single frogging word about gun control. Guns were barely mentioned.

Where'd this "progress on gun control" title come from?

No, it just makes her more retarded. :thumbsup:

How would being a shooter make her a retard?

gcvt
04-20-2009, 6:03 PM
Exactly...I didn't hear the phrase "gun control" once. :shrug:

grahlaika
04-20-2009, 6:03 PM
+1 I find Rachel Maddow to be intelligent and articulate. I will be sure to watch Monday and I will hope that it is fair and balanced not a hit piece. I will respond if I believe she is wrong. I am not going to debate this further, because I tend to get polemical, but I believe that our 2A rights will come under attack in the next few years and I believe we will need every vote we can muster to protect our rights, including those of gays and lesbian and even liberals. I believe that there are people here who attempt to minimize her opinions by calling her a lesbian and a "douche", just as there are those on the other side who attempt to minimize ours by categorizing us as Neanderthal, bigoted, rednecks resembling neo-Nazis. Using the polemical attacks in this forum just confirms their false prejudices and gives them additional ammunition.

Can we confine this to 2A issues and agree that we are all in this together.

:yes:

+eleventymillion

OldGunTard
04-20-2009, 7:19 PM
The only on-topic Google hits for "maddow columbine: progress gun control" are ... in the current thread.

Maddow's web page for today promotes "Dave Cullen, author, Columbine" and lower, there's a link to his Salon article: "The Depressive and the Psychopath At last we know why the Columbine killers did it."

Nothing about guns.

Maybe the ad writer was following an agenda, but then it wasn't followed by Maddow or her producer.

Should be interesting...

RJ

River Jack
04-20-2009, 9:10 PM
The title included in the original post that started the thread was taken word for word from the TV screen advertisement promoting the episode. After viewing the commercial, I rewound it (yeah, I've got DVR, woo hoo!) paused the screen returning to my post and typed it up verbatim.

I also watched watched the show and was very disappointed with the false advertisement. Maybe the producers decided to pull that segment for some reason?

Here's a little snippet I got from another firearms website (http://progunprogressive.com/) regarding the piece:

Prediction

Filed under: Uncategorized — Administrator @ 4:36 pm
It’s the 10th anniversary of the Columbine tragedy. Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show is going to have a bit on whether we’re any closer to “reasonable gun control" in this country 10 years later.

My prediction: reasonable will entail curtailing your rights. And the reason we don’t have reasonable in her view isn’t that 4mil NRA members and 80mil gun owners are a powerful voting bloc, but rather the eeeeeeevil gun lobby.

Why is it hard to understand that the eeeeeeevil gun lobby wouldn’t have its financial wherewithal and influence if it weren’t for the 4mil/80mil factor?

They always skip over that little tidbit. They’ll skip it tonight. You read it here first.

Gray Peterson
04-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Interesting, I watched the show and there was NO mention of gun control at all.

Sgt Raven
04-20-2009, 10:48 PM

No, she's a commentator, a Reporter reports the new, Rachel comments on it. :rolleyes:

lioneaglegriffin
04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
No, she's a commentator, a Reporter reports the new, Rachel comments on it. :rolleyes:

so your saying there aren't anymore reporters? :p

Gray Peterson
04-20-2009, 10:54 PM
No, there are reporters. There are reporters, there are newscasters, and there are commentators. Rachel Maddow is a commentator. The same with Keith Olbermann.

Dr. Peter Venkman
04-21-2009, 1:44 AM
How would being a shooter make her a retard?

By supporting people who don't support her own hobby.

popeye4
04-21-2009, 6:35 AM
I wouldn't get too wound up about anyone on MSNBC. No one watches them....

Olberman should go back to ESPN. I always liked his schtick when he applied it to something as meaningless as sports.

If you want to read a good lamentation on what's happened to news by an old curmugdeonly news guy, check out this link: http://fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

yellowfin
04-21-2009, 7:11 AM
Nothing gun related yet. The first ten minutes was about torture stuff. Geez, hasn't that been beat to death already?

lioneaglegriffin
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Geez, hasn't that been beat to death already?

no torture is beating within a inch of life then reviving then beating somemore. :43: