PDA

View Full Version : Glock .22LR Conversion

Sig357
04-17-2009, 9:24 PM
Any one ever try one of these kits? How reliable are they. I would love to shoot .22lr out of my Glock 27.

http://www.glockworld.com/22lr.htm

wellfedirishman
04-17-2009, 9:31 PM
I have an Advantage Arms Glock 17-22 kit and it works great. It is decently accurate, reliable, and cheap to shoot. If you get one (esp if you can get a used one for cheaper than retail) you won't regret it.

nick
04-17-2009, 9:39 PM
I have the AA 17-22 one, as well, and it's quite accurate. It's a bit picky about ammo, but, surprisingly, it ate Federal bulk, which AA specifically warns against (yes yes, I know, there's a reason for that warning. I just didn't have anything else I was willing to throw at it). With CCI Minimags it's almost as accurate as my 6" Beretta U22.

The only problem is that AA has been on backorder for about a year now, so finding it used is your best bet. Some stores have it from time to time, but they charge way above MSRP for it.

Sig357
04-17-2009, 9:51 PM
TYeah TopGlock has 77 people lined up to buy. I think Glockworld has them in stock, but I need to verify this on Monday. Thanks for the reviews, I need to get me one of these kits.

El Gato
04-17-2009, 9:58 PM
Any one ever try one of these kits? How reliable are they. I would love to shoot .22lr out of my Glock 27.

http://www.glockworld.com/22lr.htm

Got one for the m22 size frame... a little ammo sensitive but not much...we use it to teach classes... My Wife LOVES it for her clients... who are mainly women... and they have gone through thousands of rounds in our gun... not the most accurate thing in the safe.. but doesn't claim to be either...an absolute buy...
We show it in classes and stongly tout it...:thumbsup:

nick
04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
TYeah TopGlock has 77 people lined up to buy. I think Glockworld has them in stock, but I need to verify this on Monday. Thanks for the reviews, I need to get me one of these kits.

Aren't Glockworld and TopGlock two sites by the same company?

HotRod9mm
04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I sure like mine....

I wish they made one in a long slide.....

:cool:

brassburnz
04-18-2009, 12:33 AM
I have the LE Model for my Model 17/22. Works well with both frames. I have about 6 mags. I know the units themselves are tough to find. Mags are even tougher.

Once you find the ammo that will run your conversion, buy a ton of it. AA recommends Remington Golden Bullet, but I've found just about any high velocity ammo will work.

offrdmania
04-18-2009, 6:58 AM
Here is a guy selling the complete handgun with the conversion and 3 mags. Not that bad of a price at $480 if I say so http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127161740

brassburnz
04-18-2009, 5:05 PM
That's not a bad price when you consider the Glock frame is included/

Sig357
04-18-2009, 6:03 PM
Aren't Glockworld and TopGlock two sites by the same company?

You are correct.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
04-18-2009, 6:18 PM
I have one for my Model 22 (or 17)- works well on Remington Golden Bullets. It's paid for itself already, now we're in the black... :D

GlockGuy
04-18-2009, 8:00 PM
I have one on my G23, love it! And as posted above, any high velocity ammo functions just fine in it. Mine likes CCI Mini-Mags, it's very accurate too.

RogueSniper
04-21-2009, 9:39 AM
I have one on my full size Glock. Great addition to my range bag. Buy additional magazines, at least another two. I lost my reloader so I'm cursed with ".22 black thumb"! Remington Golden Bullets bulk run around $20 for a couple of hundred rounds. It makes total sense to get one. If not for economics then for practice with your primary.

MadPete
04-21-2009, 9:58 AM
I'm thinking about one of these for my G23, but it sounds like finding one may be the hard part.

hybridatsun350
04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I've got the AA kit for the Glock 17, and I would definitely recommend picking one up. It's a blast to shoot, and the quality and fit and finish are second to none. It's an excellent tool to get used to the trigger pull and the overall feel of the gun without spending a ton of money. I always use Remington Golden Bullets and haven't had any problems.

Ezekiel2000
04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
I've got the LE 17-22 as well and like everyone else is saying, mine is very accurate and functions well. Never had a single issue with CCI Mini-Mags but have had the occasional failure to feed to extract when using other types of ammo. My solution, stick to the CCI mini-mags.

I wish I could be as accurate when my Glock is in it's normal 9mm state!

I bought mine from http://popguns.com/conversions/default.htm and like they say, I called first to make sure it was in stock, just so happened that it was. I've also seen them in stock at Antioch Armory, but that was long ago...

Hitman
04-21-2009, 8:56 PM
I got two of the LE G17 kits. Both from members on this board. So there is hope. Just keep a close eye on the sale section. I got both of them about a month apart not too long ago.