PDA

View Full Version : EPA's CO2 Regulation and Firearm/Ammo Manufacturin

HenryTheDog
04-17-2009, 6:03 PM
I searched around the site but did not find any threads on the issue, hope it's not a dupe.

With the EPA recently declaring CO2 emissions a health hazard, effectively opening the way for the regulation of CO2 emissions; to what extent do you think that this will be used as a tool by the anti's?

We obviously won't see anything come out of this overnight, but with reports that ammunition manufacturers (for example) are working around the clock to keep up with demand, who's to say that in the future the feds won't deem the manufacturing of ammunition for civilian use "not as necessary" as the production of other goods, and impose limits accordingly? I could see this resulting in shorter supplies and higher prices.

The gun issue aside; this is a horrible path were going down with this cap and trade deal. All it will do is chase manufacturing off our shores and the pollution will occur anyways, only we'll have less American jobs as a result.

MSL209
04-17-2009, 6:10 PM
I think this was an April fools joke.

jkchan83
04-17-2009, 7:22 PM
I think this was an April fools joke.

Sorry, but no joke.

I especially like the fact that you can't even argue about the truth of global warming anymore: Nobody has proven that greenhouse gas emissions actually increase global surface temperatures. On top of that, no one has proven that man-made emissions cause global warming. But, if I were to argue that as a scientist or professor, I would likely be black-listed. If I am a company that funds research opposing the majority view, I will be protested and boycotted (Exxon, anyone?). Glad to see that we are so open to discussion and debate. Oh, wait: [He] won.

So, despite the debt and deficit in this country, we will slow economic development by imposing new regulations, taxes, fees, fines, and other governmental controls over CO2. And don't get me started on how this is completely hypocritical with regard to developing countries.

Experimentalist
04-17-2009, 8:07 PM
Just between you and me, I'm driving my car as much as I possibly can. To help offset the effects of the coming nuclear winter. :hide:

dwtt
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
CO2 is a pollutant? We need to kill off every animal and human being to stop the production of CO2. That'll save the environment, because with each breath, we're destroying the world.:rolleyes:

This idiotic greenhouse and global warming, now called climate change, is going too far. Those environuts are really screwing up our laws. I'm not a scientist but I see a lot of holes in the greenhouse gas theory and global warming.

MSL209
04-19-2009, 3:39 PM
Sorry, but no joke.

I especially like the fact that you can't even argue about the truth of global warming anymore: Nobody has proven that greenhouse gas emissions actually increase global surface temperatures. On top of that, no one has proven that man-made emissions cause global warming. But, if I were to argue that as a scientist or professor, I would likely be black-listed. If I am a company that funds research opposing the majority view, I will be protested and boycotted (Exxon, anyone?). Glad to see that we are so open to discussion and debate. Oh, wait: [He] won.

So, despite the debt and deficit in this country, we will slow economic development by imposing new regulations, taxes, fees, fines, and other governmental controls over CO2. And don't get me started on how this is completely hypocritical with regard to developing countries.

I must have been thinking about the AF joke regarding air rifles. If this is true this effects food plants as they use ALOT of refridgerated CO2 to cool certain products.

Model X
04-19-2009, 6:47 PM
Plants and trees LOVE CO2, they grow a lot better.

RHT447
04-19-2009, 6:55 PM
Plants and trees LOVE CO2, they grow a lot better.

They sure do. And they give off more (all together now) Oxygen for us!

dwtt
04-19-2009, 9:20 PM
They sure do. And they give off more (all together now) Oxygen for us!

Stop confusing the issue with scientifically proven facts. We all know CO2 is bad because Al Gore said so in his movie.