PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of HK 415 Vs. M4

sacgsxr
04-17-2009, 4:33 PM
Interesting video. With cool euro trance music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMH94PuT_I

J_Rock
04-17-2009, 6:08 PM
Old video is old...

And was proven as BS.

also atleast get the name of the gun right

MILLITIAof1
04-17-2009, 6:10 PM
everybody knows the HK is far superior.

reidnez
04-17-2009, 7:11 PM
Well, I don't attempt to fire my guns when they're full of water. Servicemen generally don't, either. The procedure I was taught (in USMC Scout Swimmer's course), was to pull the charging handle back slightly, cant the weapon back, and allow the water to drain through the breach. It takes all of three seconds.

There is an all-too-common tactic in advertising whereby the consumer is shown a product standing up to some outrageous torture-test, which is supposed to prove the superiority of the product. Engine oil manufacturers are some of the worst offenders...they will show two cars side-by-side, redlined. Engine 1 with that "regular" oil blows up after a few minutes, engine two with their "super" oil lasts longer. But stop and ask yourself: how often you put a brick on your gas pedal and let it redline? How often do you fire your guns when they're full of water? Most of us don't even like our guns to get rained on!

The fact that a given product performs better under the most extreme conditions, does not automatically infer that it performs better under normal conditions which it actually faces. The "super oil" that would allow me to redline my engine for an hour before it blows up, does not necessarily lubricate it better when I'm driving at 2,000 RPM on the freeway. The fact that the 416 doesn't blow up when full of water, does not automatically infer that it's a stronger or better design, in any other respect. It only shows that it's possibly a better design if you like to fire your guns when they're full of water. That's just silly.

J_Rock
04-17-2009, 7:14 PM

Still drinking that kool-aid I see ;)

http://pagels.teamexpansion.org/sqjtaipei/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/kool1.jpg

Lon Moer
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM

That's hilarious! :yawn:
HK made the G-36 to compete with the AR15/M16, but nobody wanted it (in comparable numbers).
Then they redesigned the body and called it the 'XM-8', but nobody wanted it.
So, HK has a design that they've spent tens of millions of Euro's developing that nobody wanted. So, in a classic case of 'if you can't beat them, join them', HK then took their design and transferred it over onto the AR15 chassis and called it the 416.
Except nobody wants them.:rolleyes:

JPB
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
That's hilarious! :yawn:
HK made the G-36 to compete with the AR15/M16, but nobody wanted it (in comparable numbers).
Then they redesigned the body and called it the 'XM-8', but nobody wanted it.
So, HK has a design that they've spent tens of millions of Euro's developing that nobody wanted. So, in a classic case of 'if you can't beat them, join them', HK then took their design and transferred it over onto the AR15 chassis and called it the 416.
Except nobody wants them.:rolleyes:

Wow, nobody wants the 416? I'm no HK groupie, but the HK 416 is probably the most sought after of all the AR/M4 variants available.

I do tend to agree with you on the G36 however....

GTXR390
04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
i want one of each pls...oh, yea, the price sucks, and u can't get any of those weapons anyway... :(

vf111
04-21-2009, 4:11 PM
Oh come on - if HK comes out with a civvie legal G36 that looks like a G36 (not the abortion that is the SL8), takes AR mags and sold it for a price comparable to a Sig556 all of us here would be drooling about getting one!

sacgsxr
04-21-2009, 4:12 PM
Old video is old...

And was proven as BS.

also atleast get the name of the gun right

it was a typo. Way to catch me on that. You are pretty smart.

818gtiguy
04-22-2009, 2:41 AM
Wow, nobody wants the 416? I'm no HK groupie, but the HK 416 is probably the most sought after of all the AR/M4 variants available.

I dont want one..You probably wont want one once you see how much bolt carrier tilt that occurs....

BHPFan
04-22-2009, 7:25 AM
As good as the HK416 is, for the price, one can buy 2 or 3 M4's plus ammo.

I would not buy one, not just because it is expensive, but because

HK = Way overpriced products with lousy Customer Service.

KAVEMAN762
04-22-2009, 8:29 AM
Colt was actually pissed that a small contract was given to the Navy for the 416. Colt actually made a piston conversion kit before the HK rifles were even being tested by the military, but no one even knew about it at the time, and they didnt even ask Colt if they had such a system. All they had to do was retro-fit all the colts with this system, which would of been cheaper. Its just because of the H&K name :rolleyes:

Lon Moer
04-22-2009, 8:51 AM

For civilians looking for the newest 'bestest' stuff, maybe. But not on a large commercial/military contract basis.

chsk9
04-22-2009, 9:01 AM
Interesting video. With cool euro trance music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMH94PuT_I

sorry, but that was uber-gay with the assault on the koi pond- OP you must now go watch 5 minutes of keith olbermann as payback! :eek: