PDA

View Full Version : Found a new CA friendly FFL!!

a1fabweld
04-16-2009, 8:27 PM
I recently bought another PTR-91 on gunbroker (because nobody else has them in stock). The seller's name is Paul Clack of Clack Gun Works (601-594-3960) located in Madison, MS. He is an FFL/dealer. The listing did not post the usual "NO CALIFORNIA" b.s. that alot of gunbroker listings include. I spoke with him & explained our laws. I pointed him to the CA DOJ site & also to calguns to verify what I was explaining. He has never sold to CA & I was a little worried about the new FFL check that is required as of 7/2008 might be "too much of a hassle" as I've heard numerous times from other FFL's out of state. He registered with the CA DOJ & is ready for CA sales!!! He explained to me that the registration process with DOJ for out of state FFL's was a piece of cake. He is a very pleasant person to deal with & his prices are fair. His follow up & communication was awesome! I am very happy to have Paul on our team & I hope we can throw some business his way.. Thanks.

Darklyte27
04-16-2009, 8:35 PM
right on! good job, got a link to his goods?!

a1fabweld
04-16-2009, 9:00 PM
I don't think he has a website, but I'm going to ask him if he can sign up as a vendor/member/sponsor at calguns. He told me he sells a fair volume of of AR's & he said he has PTR's available. I believe he does special requests on top of his stocking inventory.

Ian
04-16-2009, 9:06 PM
awesome!

epic4444
04-16-2009, 9:15 PM
good to see some support...i hate to see all the NO CA SALES signs on gunbroker

aermotor
04-17-2009, 2:18 AM
Does that mean you can buy right from him without having to ship and go through a local FFL? Link would be good.

a1fabweld
04-18-2009, 9:49 AM
No, all firearms have to ship to an FFL. Unless you are a C&R holder & the gun you bought is C&R. The purpose for this thread is to introduce Paul Clack as a CA friendly FFL who will ship off list rifles here which is rare for out of state FFL's to do. Call Paul with your black rifle request.

jeffyboy
04-18-2009, 9:53 AM
What did the PTR go for?

97F1504RAD
04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you have a link to his GB auction?

JMB Fan
04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Good news thanks for the heads up.

JTROKS
04-18-2009, 10:28 AM
If I was an FFL dealer in another state I'd be all over this board and make sure I'd sell to CA buyers.

pacrimguru
04-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I recently bought another PTR-91 on gunbroker (because nobody else has them in stock). The seller's name is Paul Clack of Clack Gun Works (601-594-3960) located in Madison, MS. He is an FFL/dealer. The listing did not post the usual "NO CALIFORNIA" b.s. that alot of gunbroker listings include. I spoke with him & explained our laws. I pointed him to the CA DOJ site & also to calguns to verify what I was explaining. He has never sold to CA & I was a little worried about the new FFL check that is required as of 7/2008 might be "too much of a hassle" as I've heard numerous times from other FFL's out of state. He registered with the CA DOJ & is ready for CA sales!!! He explained to me that the registration process with DOJ for out of state FFL's was a piece of cake. He is a very pleasant person to deal with & his prices are fair. His follow up & communication was awesome! I am very happy to have Paul on our team & I hope we can throw some business his way.. Thanks.

what is his user's name on GB?

lorax3
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
It almost seems to be a trend on GB not to sell to Californian's; even in most cases when the rifle would totally be legal here. It is unfortunate, sellers would make quite the profit if they decided to sell to us.

-lorax

K5Cruiser
04-18-2009, 3:58 PM
a1fabweld Thanks for taking the effort to get Paul Clack on board. It's nice to see that both of you took that extra step that is going to benefit all of us. :thumbsup:

haodoken
04-18-2009, 5:05 PM
Do you know if he's interested in doing Middleman transfers?

a1fabweld
04-18-2009, 7:21 PM
I thought about asking him to do middleman transfers. I think I'll email him about it. The auction # was 125322533. His user name is "Blazer250". I really think that this is a breakthrough to find another dealer that will ship stuff like this here. I didn't know what the cost would be if any for him to register to be a CA out of state dealer, but I offered to pay half of whatever it was. Turns out it's free. Paul seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't take my money anyway even if there was a fee. As valueable as guys like Paul are to us, I encourage you guys to give him a shot. You'll be amazed at how great his customer service is. Thanks.

97F1504RAD
04-18-2009, 8:07 PM
I thought about asking him to do middleman transfers. I think I'll email him about it. The auction # was 125322533. His user name is "Blazer250". I really think that this is a breakthrough to find another dealer that will ship stuff like this here. I didn't know what the cost would be if any for him to register to be a CA out of state dealer, but I offered to pay half of whatever it was. Turns out it's free. Paul seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't take my money anyway even if there was a fee. As valueable as guys like Paul are to us, I encourage you guys to give him a shot. You'll be amazed at how great his customer service is. Thanks.

What would be real cool is if we could convince him to install BB and or Raddlock on the various makes and models of guns. Similar to a few of the vendors already here, maybe even convince him to become a vendor

a1fabweld
04-18-2009, 8:26 PM
I think he may be game for the mag lock installs for a small fee. Just give him a call & ask. I emailed him about inquiring on becoming a vendor/sponsor on calguns.

Capaholic
04-18-2009, 8:50 PM
Thanks for passing along the info A1, I am a much, much happier man because of it.:thumbsup:

Fantasma
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Still no Link? Can someone post the link, very interested in those PTR's

a1fabweld
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Still no Link? Can someone post the link, very interested in those PTR's

Sorry man, he doesn't have a website that I know of to link to. I listed his phone # to contact him through. Here is his email address also: CLACKSGUNS@aol.com.

foxtrotuniformlima
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Here is the auction mentioned above:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125322533

JMZ
04-18-2009, 10:21 PM
To All, osagecountyguns.com also deals to Ca on Gunbroker. FYI

cousinkix1953
04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
It almost seems to be a trend on GB not to sell to Californian's; even in most cases when the rifle would totally be legal here. It is unfortunate, sellers would make quite the profit if they decided to sell to us.

-lorax
But that stupid f--- in Canoga Park, who won't sell an antique 120+ year old single-shot .45/70 carbine to his next door neighbor, must be the biggest idiot selling guns in Kalifornia these days...

a1fabweld
04-19-2009, 7:32 AM
But that stupid f--- in Canoga Park, who won't sell an antique 120+ year old single-shot .45/70 carbine to his next door neighbor, must be the biggest idiot selling guns in Kalifornia these days...

It is unfortunate that the masses on gunbroker are anti CA. Unfortunately, gunbroker is one of the only places one can buy almost anything with no backorder. You'll pay for it, but it's avalilable. I have been looking for an LMT BCG for months now for a decent price. None to be found anywhere. I realized how many hours I have wasted looking for one. I finally sucked it up & bought one on gunbroker for $250. Turns out it's from G&R Tactical. He hasn't had them is stock for a very long time, but has them on gunbroker for almost double the standard price. I ran out of patience & overpaid. But my last upper is done now & I can focus my attention elsewhere. Damn you gunbroker! LOL!