PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wants to reinstate AW Ban

popndrop
04-16-2009, 6:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/16/obama.latin.america/index.html

I can't decide if they are coming or going with this thing...they change directions whenever the wind blows, I guess it's just a matter of time until we see their real colors.

"I continue to believe that we can respect and honor the Second Amendment right in our Constitution -- the rights of sportsmen and hunters and homeowners that want to keep their families safe -- to lawfully bear arms, while dealing with assault weapons that, as we know here in Mexico, are used to fuel violence," Obama said.

Stan_Humphries
04-16-2009, 6:58 PM
Wow, all reports I have heard today suggested Obama said that he wasn't going to push for a new ban.

chrisdesoup
04-16-2009, 7:20 PM
Wow, all reports I have heard today suggested Obama said that he wasn't going to push for a new ban.

Thats what I read here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=174163

But from what I head of his Q&A it sounds like he is waiting for the right time to act. He seems to know that any AWB will be "unpopular" at this time but Im sure he is gunna catch gun owners slippin and BANG! The AWB goes into effect xx/xx/xxxx!

IIRC he has never sided with the 2A EXCEPT during his campaign (please correct me if Im wrong)....

Gator Monroe
04-16-2009, 7:22 PM
eND OF sUMMER !:eek:

Palindari
04-16-2009, 7:42 PM
In his speech today he said he would not.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30232095/

Palindari
04-16-2009, 7:47 PM
Agreed.

You would think that with their Army they can do alot more.

Seesm
04-16-2009, 8:00 PM
This is bull****. **** Mexico. They have a problem because their government is corrupt as hell.

Normally I try not to agree with poster with less than 1000 post (Just Kidding) but this guy makes some sense. :)

We need to have the borders closed and SEARCH everyone so the guns that do make there way south do NOT.

CAL.BAR
04-16-2009, 8:06 PM
Stop wasting time on this nonsense. Get on your phone or your computer and deal with the REAL threat. SB 776 - the ban on possession of high cap mags.

CA is ten times worse than the fed ever will be!

lioneaglegriffin
04-16-2009, 8:07 PM
eND OF sUMMER !:eek:

i thought it was the mass killings to bring an AWB sir prophet not the mexicans?

Gator Monroe
04-16-2009, 8:08 PM
Stop wasting time on this nonsense. Get on your phone or your computer and deal with the REAL threat. SB 776 - the ban on possession of high cap mags.

CA is ten times worse than the fed ever will be!

fIRST (eND OF SUMMER) an AWB then they will outlaw Reloading and transfers of more than 50 rounds between parties (Unless your a dealer) and the dealers will be eliminated after that ...

Fjold
04-16-2009, 8:12 PM
Man, you guys need to get together and agree on something:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=174226

Window_Seat
04-17-2009, 4:40 AM
Obama may have said he will not seek an AWB reinstatement, but what he says and does are two totally different animals. It's important to remember that those in the Government ARE allowed to lie to a citizen, but we are not...

Erik; reading beyond.

Dont Tread on Me
04-17-2009, 4:48 AM
"We know that it is a politically delicate topic because Americans truly appreciate their Constitutional rights," Obama.

Yea, we're funny like that. Strangely obsessed by our constitution, how quaint and backwards of us:)

chris
04-17-2009, 9:16 AM
Obama support another AWB. say it aint so. then again his voting record in the Senate says he'll support it anyway.

dwtt
04-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Obama may have said he will not seek an AWB reinstatement, but what he says and does are two totally different animals. It's important to remember that those in the Government ARE allowed to lie to a citizen, but we are not...

Erik; reading beyond.

Before the election last November, Obama's actions showed he would ban guns. His voting record and his positions on gun bills showed this. It was obvious to anyone of average intelligence. Nevertheless, there were gun owners who believed him when Obama said he won't ban guns. In time the truth will reveal itself in time.

lioneaglegriffin
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Before the election last November, Obama's actions showed he would ban guns. His voting record and his positions on gun bills showed this. It was obvious to anyone of average intelligence. Nevertheless, there were gun owners who believed him when Obama said he won't ban guns. In time the truth will reveal itself in time.

isn't there supposed to be a gambling pool going?

mdouglas1980
04-19-2009, 1:15 PM
This is bull****. **** Mexico. They have a problem because their government is corrupt as hell.

hell yeah!

+1 on that!

DDT
04-19-2009, 1:18 PM

Erik; reading beyond.

not seeking != not supporting
not seeking != won't sign
not seeking != supports 2A

tombinghamthegreat
04-19-2009, 1:31 PM
Looks like Obama is stepping on toes fast, lets hope he will not make it to a 2nd term and the other branches of government stop his agenda.

Corbin Dallas
04-19-2009, 1:44 PM

NAILED IT!!!

Blaming crime on the GUN is like blaming obesity on the spoon.

BAN THE SPOON!!!!

H2H
04-19-2009, 1:51 PM
It's good for gun business...lol..ban no ban ban no ban...

lioneaglegriffin
04-19-2009, 1:55 PM
It's good for gun business...lol..ban no ban ban no ban...

but not good for gun owners, everything is out of stock.