PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding an STG 2000c

jt1911
04-16-2009, 3:24 PM
Okay, I'm just saying right now that I don't know how it happened but I'm taking the opportunity while I have it. So a while back I asked you all what to get: a shotgun or a rifle,and I ended up choosing a shotgun, but very narrowly.

So I go to the trap range to see if it is what I really like and my wife comes too. Long story short, she loves shooting trap and was really pushing for me to choose shotgun. So in the end, she says if I buy her a shotgun then I can get a rifle. So I went from maybe a shotgun would be okay, to buy her a shotgun and for me to get a rifle. At any rate, I'm completely shocked and feel like the guy who bought a $20 bill for $10. So I'm hoping to get one before anything changes.

So this is the gun I've settled on, unless someone pretty much tells me it's complete crap. It's the STG 2000c. Looks great, AK reliability, and good for plinking. Perfect.

Only problem is: WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

Does anybody know?

djleisure
04-16-2009, 5:57 PM
For all those not in "the know" - here's what they look like... ;)

...looks like they're only $350!!! (or maybe not) :D

http://www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IO_AK_Rifles.jpg

FEDUPWBS
04-16-2009, 6:02 PM
Let me be the first. STD2000;) is a total POS!!! transferred one a week ago (was the cheapest AK I have ever seen) BUT if you can find one for $350 buy one and know what you are getting. Just my $.02

jt1911
04-16-2009, 6:31 PM
Let me be the first. STD2000;) is a total POS!!! transferred one a week ago (was the cheapest AK I have ever seen) BUT if you can find one for $350 buy one and know what you are getting. Just my $.02

Aawww crap, really?!

I thought I finally found a low cost gun to plink with that actually looks good.

After a couple internet searches, I found only one that is chambered in .223 on gunbroker for like $600, maybe that's why?

EDIT: And what's with all the ";)" ? Feel like I'm missing something. . . :confused:

djleisure
04-16-2009, 6:39 PM
I believe that is because he called it an STD ...but I've been wrong before. ;) :D

Oh, and mine was because *I* was not in "the know" ... that is all...

jt1911
04-16-2009, 7:27 PM
Man, I really liked the look of this gun too.

So has Calguns spoken? Complete junk = STG("STD")?

jt1911
04-16-2009, 7:48 PM
Okay, did some more research on these and though all the posts and reviews were on the old side, they were all good to okay about the gun. Mainly said it was a bit light and maybe cheap feeling like, similar to the Kel-tec rifle feel, but overall a good rifle.

Not seeing how these are complete junk. What am I missing? Thanks!

thedrickel
04-16-2009, 8:12 PM
It's a cheap gun. It's basically a WASR-10 w/ different furniture and a different front end. Standard AK handguards won't interchange w/o changing out the front end components (gas block, hguard retainer, sight base). It's an AK and will shoot fine . . . it's just an el cheapo model.

DWill
04-16-2009, 9:16 PM
I bought one last year and absolutely love it. It has been 100% reliable with about 400 rounds shot. With a cheap red dot, my wife was picking off shotgun clays at fifty yards with ease, her first time shooting a rifle. I had no interest in AK's but decided at $400 I could dump it if I needed to. Now I want a real AK with nice wood furniture. My STG takes standard AK mags with no modifications. If you can find one for a decent price, buy it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/DirtyWill/IMG_1039.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/DirtyWill/IMG_1041.jpg

jt1911
04-16-2009, 9:28 PM
Very nice. What is yours chambered in?

Do you think it is still worth it if it would cost $700+?