View Full Version : Change of address for reg'd 50bmg

04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I can't seem to find anywhere on the CA DOJ website about whether or not I need to submit a change of address for my registered 50bmg. Anyone know?

Mssr. Eleganté
04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that CalDOJ just uses the DMV updates to keep track of registered handgun, A/W and 50BMG owners. If you file a change of address with the DMV you will be good to go.

04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
There is no legal requirement to notify DOJ of change of address of your reg'd 50BMG or reg'd AW.

And given that AW registrations are not voided when someone loses his D/L (or lets it lapse and then gets a new one issued), or moves out of state and then moves back, the association with D/L# or ID# can be a bit weak.

You might want to let DOJ know, in case there is some communications from them for some reason. If it gives you personal satisfaction that your address is different than what was on your original 50BMG/AW registration letter, that's cool too.

You could send a notifying letter to the DOJ BoF Firearms Permit Unit, along with your 50BMG or AW reg#, and see how they respond.

04-16-2009, 1:46 PM
Given that, I think I would rather rely on CGN for any updates the DOJ sends out about my firearms.