PDA

View Full Version : ........

BigBamBoo
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Untamed1972
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
"That ban on military-style guns became law during the Clinton administration in 1994 but expired under the Bush administration in 2004. When Attorney General Eric Holder raised the idea of reinstating the ban this year, opposition from Democrats and Republicans emerged quickly.

Reopening the debate on gun rights is apparently a fight the White House does not want to take on right now."

:thumbsup:

Clodbuster
04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Amazing that Mexico sees a future where it has any say in defining American domestic policy. Maybe they want to help re-write the American Constitution as well.

Clod

Legasat
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
"The swooning economy, blamed largely on failures inside the United States, has taken a huge toll on Mexico."

"Mexico has raised tariffs on almost 90 American products"

"America's "insatiable demand" for illegal drugs fueled the trade and that the U.S. had an "inability" to stop weapons from being smuggled south."

Oh yea, I see why we want them to be our friends.... (/sarcasm)

wash
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/arms.htm

It sounds like they want to adopt CIFTA regulations.

I haven't read everything but they want markings on all guns, all ammo and all ammo boxes.

So it's totally impractical when it comes to reloading or finishing 80% receivers.

This is dumb.

evan69
04-16-2009, 1:20 PM
why do i read about this stuff, its just depressing

pdq_wizzard
04-16-2009, 1:25 PM
Well it is the old "if we say it enough it will be true"

but it's not, :censored: this just pisses me off to no end.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/04/02/myth-percent-guns-mexico-fraction-number-claimed/

Aldemar
04-16-2009, 1:32 PM
"Presidential spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama also would tell Mexican officials that he has asked Congress to provide money for Black Hawk helicopters to help Mexico in its drug war".

Wonder how long before these also end up in the hands of the Cartels? I can see the CNN Headlines now: US SUPPLIES MILITARY ASSAULT HELICOPTERS TO DRUG GANGS

highpowermatch
04-16-2009, 2:19 PM
Think I am going to puke.

Its an exhausting battle we are fighting my friends.

macadamizer
04-16-2009, 2:40 PM
"Presidential spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama also would tell Mexican officials that he has asked Congress to provide money for Black Hawk helicopters to help Mexico in its drug war".

Wonder how long before these also end up in the hands of the Cartels? I can see the CNN Headlines now: US SUPPLIES MILITARY ASSAULT HELICOPTERS TO DRUG GANGS

Except that the newspapers will report that the helicopters were purchased at a gun store in the U.S. and smuggled across the border... :tt2::tt2:

valleyguy
04-16-2009, 3:09 PM
Nothing is going to happen. Congress already knows an AWB is political suicide -- Even Feinstein says so.

And nothing is going to touch our arms exports either -- we're the #1 arms dealer in the world, and almost 17% of our national budget is spend on defense.

Say hi to the new boss -- same as the old boss. Nothing will ever disrupt the military-industrial complex, and the public has shown politicians they value their 2nd amendment rights. Your biggest obstacle to shooting right now is commodity prices and military ammunition consumption, both of which push ammo prices through the roof and constrain supply.

This AWB scare is drummed up to sell more guns. Public support for a AWB is at an all-time low, and nothing is going to come from it.

Fjold
04-16-2009, 4:31 PM
I think that Mexico should strengthen its border security to better control the undesirables crossing it.

Alan Halcon
04-16-2009, 4:43 PM
Well, it looks like we could create another profit center for mexico... we already do it with drugs. why stop there?

forget the drug cartels, it'll be the gun cartels

you think canines will be trained to sniff out firearms crossing the borders hidden in vehicles? too funny

AKman
04-16-2009, 5:29 PM
Except that the newspapers will report that the helicopters were purchased at a gun store in the U.S. and smuggled across the border... :tt2::tt2:

CNN reported that the helicopters were purchased at a gun show and is another example of the "gun show loophole."

wash
04-16-2009, 5:33 PM
Nothing is going to happen. Congress already knows an AWB is political suicide -- Even Feinstein says so.

And nothing is going to touch our arms exports either -- we're the #1 arms dealer in the world, and almost 17% of our national budget is spend on defense.

Say hi to the new boss -- same as the old boss. Nothing will ever disrupt the military-industrial complex, and the public has shown politicians they value their 2nd amendment rights. Your biggest obstacle to shooting right now is commodity prices and military ammunition consumption, both of which push ammo prices through the roof and constrain supply.

This AWB scare is drummed up to sell more guns. Public support for a AWB is at an all-time low, and nothing is going to come from it.
I don't know how he's going to do it.

It's international political suicide for a president to talk big about treaties and then fail to push the agreement through congress.

Is Obama ready to fall on his sword or is he holding a trump card?

aileron
04-16-2009, 6:31 PM

I think it will read "US GUN SHOWS SUPPLIED MODERN HELICOPTERS AND ANTI-AIRCRAFT WEAPONS TO DRUG LORDS."

Trench Broom
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I think that Mexico should strengthen its border security to better control the undesirables crossing it.
:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

CnCFunFactory
04-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Amazing that Mexico sees a future where it has any say in defining American domestic policy. Maybe they want to help re-write the American Constitution as well.

Clod

Don't tempt them.... they just might wanna crack at it.

cineski
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Mexico wants us all unarmed so they can take California, Arizona and New Mexico back. Pretty simple.

DDT
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Mexico wants us all unarmed so they can take California, Arizona and New Mexico back. Pretty simple.

I see that Texas isn't on that list. :D

cineski
04-17-2009, 10:49 AM
I think Texans could stave off the US Military :20: let alone a Mexican invasion.

Clodbuster
04-17-2009, 8:09 PM
It's funny that they want to stop the guns gained from their drug trafficking from crossing the border into Mexico, but say nothing about stopping the money gained from their drug trafficking from crossing the border into Mexico.

Clod

cousinkix1953
04-18-2009, 8:38 AM
I don't know how he's going to do it.

It's international political suicide for a president to talk big about treaties and then fail to push the agreement through congress.

Is Obama ready to fall on his sword or is he holding a trump card?
He's either suicidal or he's got pictures of closeted pro-gun senators in a gay bath house. Remember Larry Craig? He wasn't a homo; but he was a bigshot NRA board member as well as a senator from Idaho...

KylaGWolf
04-18-2009, 6:26 PM

They want their undesirables to cross the border to our side and stay here why do you think they DON'T crack down on it.

GrayWolf09
04-19-2009, 4:49 PM
This post doesn't have anything to do with your selling primers at 5X what you paid for them does it?

Oh look here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=174223

:owned:

lioneaglegriffin
04-19-2009, 4:53 PM
This post doesn't have anything to do with your selling primers at 5X what you paid for them does it?

Oh look here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=174223

:owned:

you're a mean one mr. grinch.