PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see this new Montanta law signed?

Nullzero
04-16-2009, 9:54 AM
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

AN ACT EXEMPTING FROM FEDERAL REGULATION UNDER THE COMMERCE CLAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES A FIREARM, A FIREARM ACCESSORY, OR AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED AND RETAINED IN MONTANA; AND PROVIDING AN APPLICABILITY DATE.

This was signed in by the governor. Basically from what I gather; if you live in Montana and the Guns, Ammo, silencers, etc. are made in Montana then it is legal to own, manufacture, etc. Disregarding the Federal government restrictions.

stormy_clothing
04-16-2009, 9:55 AM
packing my bags now, lol

JohnnyG
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
That is not only correct and what was intended by the Constitution of the US, it is freakin' awesome! :thumbsup:

Untamed1972
04-16-2009, 10:46 AM
time to pack up and head back to the state of my birth. To bad it's just so damn cold there!

Legasat
04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I hear that's a very nice place to live...they have that stuff up there...(what's that called again???), oh yea.... weather ;-)

SVT_Fox
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
EPIC (*^&*^%^%$^

hawk1
04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Saw that, last week here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=170920&highlight=montana

:D

ColetheGun
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
pilgrimage to Montana anyone?

Untamed1972
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I hear that's a very nice place to live...they have that stuff up there...(what's that called again???), oh yea.... weather ;-)

Yes....but good/nice weather is weather too! :cool2: Clear, sunny & 80deg is just as much "weather" as is "10ft of snow and 20deg below zero." And I look much better with a tan! :thumbsup:

tgriffin
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I have to think the boys in blue & black from BATFE arent going to like this, nor are they going to walk away from the argument of federal preemption.

Untamed1972
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I have to think the boys in blue & black from BATFE arent going to like this, nor are they going to walk away from the argument of federal preemption.

Also makes you wonder what current FFL there is going to risk his license by selling MT-only guns. But it's a move in the right direction.....time for the states to start wielding the power that is granted them.

Feds will prolly pull some "If you do that we will cut off your ______ funding".

ColetheGun
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Also makes you wonder what current FFL there is going to risk his license by selling MT-only guns. But it's a move in the right direction.....time for the states to start wielding the power that is granted them.

Feds will prolly pull some "If you do that we will cut off your ______ funding".

yeah but if they say F U we dont need funding your poor A hole that would be awesome

yellowfin
04-16-2009, 11:38 AM

The folks in Montana would probably run them out of town if they tried anything. They may have a badge, but they gotta live in town too.

Untamed1972
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
yeah but if they say F U we dont need funding your poor A hole that would be awesome

Yeah....it would be...but not likely. The same why MT and NV caved on the Carter 55mph speed limit under threat of losing fed. hiway funding.

Heard and interesting notion on the radio the other day. Since we pay most of our taxes to Feds and many states a small amount to the state, why not flip that around. Pay most of your taxes to the state, and a little to the Fed and eliminate the leverage the Fed has.

Seems kinda silly to make money in say CA, give it to the Fed and then have them turn around and give it back. Just keep it local.

deebix
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
I believe every gun owner must recognize this as the firearms MECCA. We must all make a pilgrimage like the earlier poster said brilliantly.

MontClaire
04-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Then i guess that's how it's gonna be....bloody. If a state will lose federal funding then there is no reason to send in federal taxes anymore. Montana becomes it's own country with montana passports and issuing new banking licenses. It will be pretty quick move to leave the USA union.

MontClaire
04-16-2009, 11:58 AM
oh yeah, i remember when folks used to laugh at some professors report on failing of the USA as a country and predicted collapse of the union. It's not funny anymore, huh? you goofballs.

ColetheGun
04-16-2009, 2:07 PM
mad max in the US!!! whos gonna be lord himungus...finstien? http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Colethegun/lord1a.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Colethegun/einstein.jpg any one else see the resemblance?

ColetheGun
04-16-2009, 2:08 PM
"no one has to die today, just leave your guns and walk away, just leave your guns and walk away, no one has to die today" (if you don't know the quote watch road warrior, if youve never seen road warrior you suck)

outersquare
04-16-2009, 7:51 PM
http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_complete_bill.asp?session=26&bill=HB186

alaska joins the party

Seesm
04-16-2009, 7:57 PM
famously cool state. I hope we get the trickle down effect... yeah right.

hawk84
04-16-2009, 8:07 PM
what i s this nonsense

Section 5. Exceptions. [Section 4] does not apply to:

(1) a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;

(2) a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 1/2 inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.

N6ATF
04-16-2009, 8:25 PM
:dupe: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=147736

Silencer
04-16-2009, 9:39 PM
Awesome. I have an internet friend who lives in Montana. I hope I can crash on his couch for a few weeks while I get settled.

peterhodges
04-17-2009, 9:40 AM
and no exemptions in the alaska version

also, the thread title is incorrect. according to the tracker, the montana bill has passed both houses but has not been signed by the governer

Untamed1972
04-17-2009, 9:46 AM
famously cool state. I hope we get the trickle down effect... yeah right.

Yeah.....and downright azz freezing cold in the winter time! BRRRRrrrrrrrr