PDA

View Full Version : New AW ban

grunz
04-15-2009, 9:20 PM
How about we join the leftists in our state and embrace a new AW ban.

Lets make Hollywood movies AW free zones!

Thoughts? :)

yellowfin
04-15-2009, 9:21 PM
How about we join the leftists in our state and embrace a new AW ban.

Lets make Hollywood movies AW free zones!

Thoughts? :)
With the money and political influence those guys have to play with, they could get all the toys they want even if there wasn't a .22LR on the face of the Earth.

b.faust
04-15-2009, 9:26 PM
Myself and Midian do Visual Effects for a living.
Putting a muzzle flash and bouncing brass out of a non-working prop is simple, and trust me we've done it before.
It's just a slightly bigger pain than using the real deal, and costs more than blanks.

Often though we 'augment' the muzzle flash of weapons to make them more 'exciting'

So this would have little or no impact on the biz.

B.

squishyhead
04-15-2009, 9:27 PM
That would be a MAJOR violation of Hollywood's 1st Amendment rights! Everyone knows you can't mess with that one.:patriot:

grunz
04-15-2009, 9:40 PM
I'm not only talking about just banning real AWs in movies. I call for a ban on depictions of AWs and AW gun violence in movies - no depictions of them - props and all.

It's common sense to stop the violence and glorification of AWs.

evan69
04-15-2009, 9:46 PM
How about just telling the democrats and other anti-gunners to just stop basing their knowledge of guns on childishly fanciful displays of them in movies. They wouldn't try to learn about space travel by watching Star Wars would they?

Nevermore
04-15-2009, 9:59 PM
How about just telling the democrats and other anti-gunners to just stop basing their knowledge of guns on childishly fanciful displays of them in movies. They wouldn't try to learn about space travel by watching Star Wars would they?
Wait, wait... are you telling me astronauts don't just say, 'Hit the hyperdrive, Chewie!'?

CHS
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM
No.

It's a stupid idea. Period.

grunz
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
No.

It's a stupid idea. Period.

So you're saying this would get good support from the media?

bigcalidave
04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
I like the 1st even more than the 2nd. So did the people who wrote it. Let's not talk about not allowing people to say things.