View Full Version : New York Times article today on gun flow to Mexico from U.S.

04-15-2009, 9:17 PM
I read the article on the front page of the New York Times today about the smuggling of guns from border states into Mexico by Mexicans for use in crime cartels. I wondered what you all think of it. I thought it did a decent job of presenting the problem and both sides of the arguement. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/15/us/15guns.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=guns%20flow%20cartels&st=cse

04-15-2009, 9:23 PM

04-15-2009, 9:32 PM
Sorry, yours didn't come up in searches for some reason. How can I delete my own post?

04-15-2009, 10:14 PM
The tenor of the article is contained within this statement:

"The case highlights a major obstacle facing the United States as it tries to meet a demand from Mexico to curb the flow of arms from the states to drug cartels."

We're not trying to meet any demands of Mexico. It's Obama, Holder and Co., but certainly not the majority of Americans, many of whom have contributed to the record number of gun sales since the election.

Also, it's laughable that they ask the security guy how many of the guns come from the US (claims 95%) but don't qualify if they were sold to the Mexican military or just to Americans who were executing straw purchases.

In short, it's just more nonsense designed to dumb down our 2A rights by the good folks at the NYT.