PDA

View Full Version : What So Cal FFL Will Take Out of State AR15 Lowers?

aermotor
04-15-2009, 3:04 PM
Tons of stuff on Gun Broker, wondering if any specific ones will accept these and install a BB to make legal and sell? Any that will take lower from private party? I'm in the Hollywood/Burbank area so anything around here is good. Thanks!

rbetts
04-16-2009, 8:46 AM
It's legal to accept them with out the BB installed, so any FFL that accepts lowers should be able to help you. Go to the FFL forum to find one, or the beginners frontpage to see the list of those in your area.

Good Luck!

shark92651
04-16-2009, 9:16 AM
I would recommend you just buy a stripped lower from a stocking dealer in your area. It may look like a great deal on gunbroker but you have to consider that a lot of the dealers will not ship here because they are ignorant. Also, you have to pay shipping + most dealers will charge you a transfer fee as well. What looks like a great deal online may end up costing you the same as if you just bought one from a local dealer that has them in stock. Plus you are supporting the people here that are supporting the CA market.

Barney Gumble
04-16-2009, 9:22 AM
...and make sure it is off-list before you buy it off gunbroker.

Black Majik
04-16-2009, 9:23 AM
I would recommend you just buy a stripped lower from a stocking dealer in your area. It may look like a great deal on gunbroker but you have to consider that a lot of the dealers will not ship here because they are ignorant. Also, you have to pay shipping + most dealers will charge you a transfer fee as well. What looks like a great deal online may end up costing you the same as if you just bought one from a local dealer that has them in stock. Plus you are supporting the people here that are supporting the CA market.

+1 from what he said.

Hmm.... I'd recommend Riflegear. ;)

SubstanceP
04-16-2009, 7:40 PM
It's legal to accept them with out the BB installed, so any FFL that accepts lowers should be able to help you. Go to the FFL forum to find one, or the beginners frontpage to see the list of those in your area.

Good Luck!

Can someone verify this statement please? I've been told by several different Cal FFLs that they CAN NOT accept for transfer an otherwise Cal legal AR unless it has the bullet button installed prior to delivery to them.

On the other hand, LMT said they'd ship to a Cal FFL willing to accept their rifles without a BB. Not many Cal FFLs are willing to accept the rifles without BBs first installed.

fairfaxjim
04-16-2009, 8:36 PM
Can someone verify this statement please? I've been told by several different Cal FFLs that they CAN NOT accept for transfer an otherwise Cal legal AR unless it has the bullet button installed prior to delivery to them.

On the other hand, LMT said they'd ship to a Cal FFL willing to accept their rifles without a BB. Not many Cal FFLs are willing to accept the rifles without BBs first installed.

Hogwash - it is simply a lower receiver until it is built into something called a rifle. There are dealers all over the state stocking and selling OLL bare receivers without anything installed. The FFLs that are saying that are really saying they WON'T accept them, not that they CAN'T. Buy a receiver from a local FFL that stocks them. Support the local dealers that support us and avoid the FUD zone. You won't pay much more, if anything, when all is said and done.

SubstanceP
04-16-2009, 8:53 PM
Hogwash...

My bad. I didn't read carefully. Thought the OP was wanting an entire AR shipped into Cal without BB.

Amacias805
04-16-2009, 9:06 PM
Tons of stuff on Gun Broker, wondering if any specific ones will accept these and install a BB to make legal and sell? Any that will take lower from private party? I'm in the Hollywood/Burbank area so anything around here is good. Thanks!

like the others are saying, unless you can find a lower for $100 or so, skip it and buy it from one of the supporting stores, since now lowers aren't as rare as they were 2 months ago. most dealers will sell them for about $200 which is very fare in this time, considering your not paying for shipping or transfer fee, and you get to support the local shop.:thumbsup:...... but the BB isn't needed unless its a complete rifle, since there are many ways to configure an AR without a BB that are legal (such as, monsterman grip, U15 stock, 22LR upper)