PDA

View Full Version : New here, weapons animator from Infinity Ward (Call of Duty 4)

Krunko
04-15-2009, 2:40 PM
Hi guys. I'm an LA resident and have trolled the forums a bit and decided it's time to sign up. I'm one of the original founders of Infinity Ward, we started the Call of Duty series (worked no CoD1, CoD2, and CoD4). I've been doing weapons animations here for awhile, and figured it would be good to touch base with the firearms community in my area.

I might be grilling you guys on some technical questions if there is anything I can ask without giving away information that's unreleased about Modern Warfare 2. Everyone here seems really helpful so I'm excited about that. I also have a couple buddies on here too.

Yes I know there are some technical issues with some of the weapons in our games. Some of this is due to just a mistake, but often it's due to a design decision or picking fun over real. (example: gun jams dont' make the game more fun for the vast majority of people) So yeah, if you have any suggested feel free to shoot them my way.

cypher
04-15-2009, 2:43 PM
welcome! nice work on the games!

Krunko
04-15-2009, 2:43 PM
Also, how can I change my forum name? Right now it's displaying my email address. I went to my profile but couldn't see where to change my name, just my password.

sigfan
04-15-2009, 3:05 PM
Welcome. I'm a big fan of the Call of Duty series. Especially Modern Warfare. Glad to hear there's a part two coming out. I can't wait. Any ETA on when it'll hit the market?

Krunko
04-15-2009, 3:06 PM
We released a teaser trailer. 11-10-09

www.modernwarfare2.com

Saigon1965
04-15-2009, 3:08 PM
Welcome to our forum -

PM Kestryll - The site's owner - He'll get in fix for you -

Also, how can I change my forum name? Right now it's displaying my email address. I went to my profile but couldn't see where to change my name, just my password.

MontClaire
04-15-2009, 3:12 PM
You guys gotta make the call of duty more for futuristic......that would be nice for a change. Like new future weapons tried in the game.....you guys did the past, present and near future but not future. just a thought. Also, you might want to introduce new "restricted and unknown" to public weapon systems. For example, the russians have a ****load of these and sometimes it's leaked to the public, like the suppressed pistol that when fired sounds like a muffled cough in the hallway. I'd like to see more of our own usa made secret weapons in the game. Welcome to the forum.

Nuuze
04-15-2009, 3:19 PM
Hi Krunko,

Welcome! I love playing COD, especially COD2 & 4, more 4! :D

PM me if you need any beta testers!

JOEKILLA
04-15-2009, 3:23 PM
Welcome, cannot wait for the Modern Warfare 2

Krunko
04-15-2009, 3:46 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. PM sent to Kestryll. I'll keep you guys posted (probably in off topic) of any official new news.

ZombieFerox
04-15-2009, 3:53 PM
Welcome Krunko! I'm a big fan of COD4 MW and COD5 W@W. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

JOEKILLA
04-15-2009, 3:56 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. PM sent to Kestryll. I'll keep you guys posted (probably in off topic) of any official new news.

Sign me up if you need some vets to test it ;)

paintballergb
04-15-2009, 4:04 PM
I can't wait until Modern Warfare 2. I don't want to brag but I was a monster at the first Modern Warface. IW COD games are fun....treyarch is booty.

Jicko
04-15-2009, 4:12 PM
Will we be chasing Somali Pirates? :thumbsup:

trapshot68
04-15-2009, 5:30 PM
couple of things that I think pertained to the game (but I will play over again just to be sure and think of anything else needed).

1) increased mag capacity on the m14. 10 rounds isn't as fun as 20.

2) Tri-burst options instead of full auto.

andrewj
04-15-2009, 5:40 PM
I want suppressors on sniper rifles!!

and an SR25!

ETA:

And not too long ago, I was thinking there should be a mode where guns jam, explosions damage firearms, and things of that nature occur

MontClaire
04-15-2009, 5:41 PM
couple of things that I think pertained to the game (but I will play over again just to be sure and think of anything else needed).

1) increased mag capacity on the m14. 10 rounds isn't as fun as 20.

2) Tri-burst options instead of full auto.

not instead but an addition to full auto. full auto must stay in the game.

Richy
04-15-2009, 6:10 PM
You guys better put zombies in MW2!!!!!!!