View Full Version : AR 15 irritation

04-15-2009, 2:10 PM
Am I missing something? From all the talk have heard and read through various forums it put out an image that the masses of AR builders did NOT favor the Magpul UBR. I personally picked up a UBR back in January 08 and fell in love with it. Once I touched the UBR I grown a disliking to the aesthetics of a black rifle with a castle nut. Dont get me wrong, this is simply my opinion on my own rifles that I build. Whatever works is what works. But ultimately from all the talk it seemed no one wanted or liked the UBR so I figured to each his/her own. But obviously a majority of the masses do in fact like it because NO ONE CAN FIND THEM ANYWHERE. WTF??? Oh well.

What I am getting at really is that I am growing irritated with the fact that I can't find one and for all other people who cant find one. Being that this is the only thing holding me back from completing my AR.

What makes it worse is that the Magpul MBUS's aren't even released yet and I was able to obtain 3 sets from various people who obtained them through attending the class.

I feel like I'm looking for an ugly women but all I can find are models everywhere.

Will someone just sell me a UBR?????

DAMN...Sorry for the somewhat pointless thread and if this is supposed to be in a different forum, I do apologize...

04-15-2009, 2:13 PM
how much you wanna pay???

04-15-2009, 2:23 PM
I learned long ago not to listen to "the masses" anymore. So many times have I asked a question and got a resounding reply of "buy product A" Then after buying it and mentioning it on forums I got a resounding reply of "why'd you buy A? Product B is far superior".

I just don't even bother anymore. I try to only ask people who have a reputation for knowning a thing or two, as in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=360169

04-15-2009, 2:40 PM
how much you wanna pay???

I would just like to say thank you for an awesome website. Wow, if only I had found this years ago 0_o.

04-15-2009, 2:49 PM
I would just like to say thank you for an awesome website. Wow, if only I had found this years ago 0_o.

its like surfing every forums FS threads at once...including Calguns. Isn't it great.:thumbsup:

04-15-2009, 2:52 PM
Sweet link...much appreciated. :thumbsup:

04-15-2009, 3:27 PM
Sweet link...much appreciated. :thumbsup:

agreed!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: but why did it take you so long to get us this :mad::p

04-15-2009, 4:15 PM
I think its not a good idea to pay that much for a stock. Stocks are not going to be banned, but receivers will be. Spend the money of another receiver, then when the ban comes, and you cant buy anymore guns, then you can dumb double what you put in to your riffle on riffle accessories.

04-15-2009, 4:24 PM
More lube....

That's usually the answer for AR irritation.

04-15-2009, 4:32 PM
Well, for the record I like mine a lot.
I switched out my LMT for the UBR and haven't even considered getting another stock. Personally I don't find it that heavy, but I haven't walked like 20 miles with it slung either. (Nor do I plan to in the near future)

(And yeah, I know, it's all mall ninja'd out. I had to put the bipod and vert grip on at the same time since it was a gift from a friend and I had to send him a picture of it)

04-15-2009, 5:20 PM
ubr's are easy to find. It's paying the high prices that's hard. :eek:

04-15-2009, 5:44 PM
Just got to keep your eyes open, bravo company sent me an email on the 9th saying they had them in stock for $265 1 per customer get em while they last, they were gone the same day but just get on everyones notify list if your fast you can still get stuff at the original price.

04-15-2009, 5:52 PM
Here's a picture of some other Magpul stuff you can't have ...

HK Dave
04-15-2009, 6:18 PM
I feel like I'm looking for an ugly women but all I can find are models everywhere.

04-15-2009, 9:25 PM
I found one and I have it mounted already....got it for 100.00 from a buddy of mines. Plus 10 Pmag 30 round window rebuild kits of course.