PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Fong to be ATF head? Yikes!

yellowfin
04-15-2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/under-the-dome/Is-Fong-headed-to-the-ATF-43009847.html
Rumors are circulating around The City that San Francisco Police Chief Heather Fong’s next job could be director of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The ATF is a law enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Justice focused on preventing terrorism, reducing violent crime and enforcing firearms regulations.

Fong announced during a Dec. 20 radio address that she is retiring from the San Francisco Police Department five years after Mayor Gavin Newsom appointed her as police chief. She has committed to staying on until a replacement is found for her.

--Staff Report Dare I even ask if there is any substantiation to this? I suppose since she's one of the worst possible candidates for the position it seems quite likely given the other choices we've seen.

1337vending
04-15-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.dedroidify.com/blogimages/No-Darth_Vader.jpg

I sure hope not.....

x-ricer
04-15-2009, 1:58 PM
if true we really need to send this group of kooks to N Korea in permanent exile,

hmmm...i don't think fong is a korean last name...but what do i know?

RomanDad
04-15-2009, 2:01 PM
hmmm...i don't think fong is a korean last name...but what do i know?

Not the nationality....

The mentality...

This would be like putting Cheech Marin in Charge of the DEA. Although that might be a better choice.

Pvt. Cowboy
04-15-2009, 2:03 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/under-the-dome/Is-Fong-headed-to-the-ATF-43009847.html
Dare I even ask if there is any substantiation to this? I suppose since she's one of the worst possible candidates for the position it seems quite likely given the other choices we've seen.

Let the whole nation see what a poltroon she is. She'll look like Mr. Sulu on crack wearing her dad's bus driver hat:

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/12/21/mn-fong22_ph_fon_0498944509.jpg

I gotta love how Obama just can't stop driving his silly administration -- and the entire nation -- off into the weeds.

PatriotnMore
04-15-2009, 2:07 PM
Just what I expected from our Always Think Forfeiture friends, their choice is another anti gun, anti Constitution LEO serving in our State at high levels of law enforcement, and policy making.

CCWFacts
04-15-2009, 2:11 PM
I think it would be great, compared to all the other possible choices Obama might pick.

Not because there's anything good about Fong (there isn't) but because she's an ineffective and weak leader, which is why she couldn't make it as chief of SFPD.

Sutcliffe
04-15-2009, 2:18 PM
I think it would be great, compared to all the other possible choices Obama might pick.

Not because there's anything good about Fong (there isn't) but because she's an ineffective and weak leader, which is why she couldn't make it as chief of SFPD.

I don't like her, but she's relatively harmless compared to other, more radical, possibilities.

Seesm
04-15-2009, 2:24 PM
Let the whole nation see what a poltroon she is. She'll look like Mr. Sulu on crack wearing her dad's bus driver hat:

I gotta love how Obama just can't stop driving his silly administration -- and the entire nation -- off into the weeds.

Is that pic really her? She looks really happy... NOT.

Scarecrow Repair
04-15-2009, 2:24 PM
Could be that Heather Fong would help gun rights more than hurt them, just like Allison. Anyone as rabidly anti-gun as them is not thinking straight and not likely to become any more rational from on the job training.

CCWFacts
04-15-2009, 2:27 PM
Is that pic really her?

Yes, that's Heather in all her glory.

Could be that Heather Fong would help gun rights more than hurt them, just like Allison. Anyone as rabidly anti-gun as them is not thinking straight and not likely to become any more rational from on the job training.

That's what I think. She's weak, ineffective, will not command the respect of the BATF's agents, or of congress, and is so far out there that she will do more harm to them than good. Appointing her is much better (for us) than appointing someone who would be respected and powerful.

jasilva
04-15-2009, 2:46 PM

She looks like she sat on her night stick...

....and couldn't get the splinters out before the pic was taken.:rofl:

yellowfin
04-15-2009, 3:06 PM
That's what I think. She's weak, ineffective, will not command the respect of the BATF's agents, or of congress, and is so far out there that she will do more harm to them than good. Appointing her is much better (for us) than appointing someone who would be respected and powerful. There's just one problem that she probably would hurt us with: regulatory changes. Just a simple few clicks of the keyboard to rewrite policies, no matter how incompetently, could do a lot of damage. Unlike Allison, we don't have as swift recourse against the ATF as we do the DOJ or a lot of stuff that's on the books wouldn't be there and a lot more people would be out of a job there.

Gryff
04-15-2009, 3:29 PM

She's just pissed that she's the only female SF employee that Gavin hasn't slept with.

bwiese
04-15-2009, 3:29 PM
There's just one problem that she probably would hurt us with: regulatory changes. Just a simple few clicks of the keyboard to rewrite policies, no matter how incompetently, could do a lot of damage. Unlike Allison, we don't have as swift recourse against the ATF as we do the DOJ or a lot of stuff that's on the books wouldn't be there and a lot more people would be out of a job there.

Yes, but that's somewhat irrelevant as major policy changes may well be shoved down her throat by Obama anyway.

I do somewhat doubt the report, too.

fairfaxjim
04-15-2009, 3:33 PM
I think this one is political chaff - she's getting bum rushed out of SF and they need some favorable spin "what if" stuff to make it look like something else. She really couldn't lead a gay boy scout troop down Castro street with any authority.

RomanDad
04-15-2009, 3:51 PM
she's the only female SF employee that Gavin hasn't slept with.

I can see why.

IGOTDIRT4U
04-15-2009, 3:54 PM
She's just pissed that she's the only female SF employee that Gavin hasn't slept with.

LMAO! Might help if she was a he?

Somehow, seeing Fong in a Fed position worries me, not because of what it will do to us as gun owners, but how it will look to the rest of the world.

lomalinda
04-15-2009, 3:54 PM
Let the whole nation see what a poltroon she is. She'll look like Mr. Sulu on crack wearing her dad's bus driver hat."

Bus driver hat...

LMAO

scobun
04-15-2009, 4:49 PM
Given that she is an ineffective leader, and completely firearm illiterate, I'd say she's got the job. Who better to head the BATFE than someone who can't pass a basic firearm qualification and follow their own departmental regs regarding what it takes to stay current enough to carry?

jumbopanda
04-15-2009, 4:56 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/corsiphoto/DONOTWANT_doggy.jpg