PDA

View Full Version : Cohaire CA5-40 MagLock/BB Setup ~ Available?

insin
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
If one where looking for a Maglock or BB-type setup for a Cohaire CA89-40 (clone MP5 in 40cal), is there one available? If so where could it be found? The Cohaire CA5-40 runs with a paddle mag release, not the button style, if that helps with the info.

How about a shortened mag or one blocked to hold 10 rounds (or less)? Any out there? Obviously one would want to be 100% legal to comply with the law, so knowing any and all options are priority #1 in order to avoid any problems. I have seen some pics of other members with what seems to be mag locking setups with MP5-style rifles with paddle mag releases so I assume someone makes them.

Thanks for the thoughts/ideas/help.

Clodbuster
04-14-2009, 11:01 PM
The CA-89 is a pistol not a rifle.

Clod

If one where looking for a Maglock or BB-type setup for a Cohaire CA89-40 (clone MP5 in 40cal), is there one available? If so where could it be found? The Cohaire CA89-40 runs with a paddle mag release, not the button style, if that helps with the info.

How about a shortened mag or one blocked to hold 10 rounds (or less)? Any out there? Obviously one would want to be 100% legal to comply with the law, so knowing any and all options are priority #1 in order to avoid any problems. I have seen some pics of other members with what seems to be mag locking setups with MP5-style rifles with paddle mag releases so I assume someone makes them.

Thanks for the thoughts/ideas/help.

insin
04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Ohh sorry about that, I have corrected the OP. I was just researching them online, and must have gotten the model number wrong.

The correct model I am asking about is the CA5-40 (or MP5/40 rifle clone).

Thank you

Clodbuster
04-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Some folks cut off the paddle so that you need a flat head screw driver to leverage the mag release. There are also some pictures around of a grip-less MP5 if you do a search.

The only bullet button available is for the CA-94 9mm.

You can always make your own 10 round magazines similar to the instructions for the AR magazines that are at the top of the forum.

Clod

Ohh sorry about that, I have corrected the OP. I was just researching them online, and must have gotten the model number wrong.

The correct model I am asking about is the CA5-40 (or MP5/40 rifle clone).

Thank you