PDA

View Full Version : Buying non rosterd handgun

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 9:38 PM
Guys I want to get a Yugo Tokarev. Since they are not on the list my only options are

1. Ppt from somebody who already owns one and wants to sell me one ?

2. Get LEO to buy one and dros it to me

3. I can buy one from out of state, make the mag a single shot and make sure the Yugo tokarev is single shot while being dros? after dros i can make it semi auto again ?

Thanks!

Is option 3 correct ?

The yugo tok is not C&R so not exepmt and they have no date stamps or no way to trace the serial number to build date

bondmid003
04-14-2009, 9:42 PM
Option 4: Your parent or grandparent can give you one as a gift

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 9:44 PM
Umm, aren't the Tok's on the C&R list, or over 50 years old? If so, then they are roster-exempt.

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 9:45 PM
Umm, aren't the Tok's on the C&R list, or over 50 years old? If so, then they are roster-exempt.

the yugos are the only ones not on the c&r list.

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 9:55 PM
the yugos are the only ones not on the c&r list.

ah, gotcha, it was the romanian ones that are coming in right now as C&R. Since they aren't listed, you'd have to go by age. If you found one that was 50+ years old, it would be C&R by age, even though it wasn't listed.

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 9:56 PM
ah, gotcha, it was the romanian ones that are coming in right now as C&R. Since they aren't listed, you'd have to go by age. If you found one that was 50+ years old, it would be C&R by age, even though it wasn't listed.

IIRC theres no way to find out the yogo tok' age, so if theres no way to find out, can it be imported as single shot "?

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't see why it would be any different from a single-shot AR/AK-pistol at that point.

Oh wait, does it meet the dimensional requirements?

12133.(b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't see why it would be any different from a single-shot AR/AK-pistol at that point.

Oh wait, does it meet the dimensional requirements?

aw man, does not meet any of those requirements, so this means options 3 is out of the question right ?

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
aw man, does not meet any of those requirements, so this means options 3 is out of the question right ?yup, unless you can add a barrel extension in at the same time.

Take a look at the GSG-MP5K pistols PRKarms is selling, the stock item has a too short barrel, so they've installed a barrel attachment to make length.

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
yup, unless you can add a barrel extension in at the same time.

Take a look at the GSG-MP5K pistols PRKarms is selling, the stock item has a too short barrel, so they've installed a barrel attachment to make length.

So can i get an extra cheap barrel, thread it, and just put along *** extension ? does it have to be permanent or just screwd on ? does it have to be functional with the barrel extension ? or just meet the 10half inches ?

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Don't know if the single-shot dimension require permanence like the SBR regs do.

DDT
04-14-2009, 11:08 PM
So can i get an extra cheap barrel, thread it, and just put along *** extension ? does it have to be permanent or just screwd on ? does it have to be functional with the barrel extension ? or just meet the 10half inches ?

Didn't think you could have a threaded barrel in CA without something pinned to it preventing use of a suppressor.

Quiet
04-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Didn't think you could have a threaded barrel in CA without something pinned to it preventing use of a suppressor.

Revolvers and pistols with a fixed magazine can legally have a threaded barrel.

DDT
04-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Revolvers and pistols with a fixed magazine can legally have a threaded barrel.

So, he'd have to add a BB type device as well as all the other changes?

Quiet
04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
So, he'd have to add a BB type device as well as all the other changes?

Yes.