PDA

View Full Version : FN Patrol XP vs Rem. 700 SPS tactical

caduckgunner
04-14-2009, 7:28 PM
I am thinking of building a .308 long range rifle, and the 2 rifles I have found in my price range are the FN Partol XP (if CDNN will ship to me, last time I tried to buy and ship some standard cap magazines to Wyoming for my uncle's birthday, they wouldn't sell them because my CC had a calif. billing address) and the Remington 700SPS Tactical. I am going to go with a 20" barrel, and make upgrades when I can. So how do the two compare? I know the Patrol XP has a a few upgrades over the 700SPS, like the standard 1913 rail and the fluted barrel, but it also cost a few hundred $ more. I am also sure there are a lot more aftermarket accessories available for the Remington. So which would you get and why?

chefdude
04-14-2009, 7:34 PM
i love the FN PBR XP it has the Pre '64 action...like butta...However there are more after market parts for the Remmy 700 so it depends on what you want to do. I know Mcmillen A5 stock will work on the FN but that is it. Remmy's have lots more options....tough choice, but I like FN

Requiem
04-14-2009, 7:56 PM
M40A3!!! :D

Timberland
04-14-2009, 8:29 PM
Id go FN, but get the non DBM model, the standard floor plate has a larger stock selection. I know people have used middle man transfers for CDNN, but after the experiance you had, you may want to look elseware. Are theese the barreled actions or complete rifles?