PDA

View Full Version : SBR or not?

pat038536
04-14-2009, 7:00 PM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt156/pat038536/glockstock.jpg

Does attaching this to a Glock pistol make it a SBR requiring registration? Just trying to clear up possible FUD or not.

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 7:11 PM
Yup, SBR with that attached. And even just possessing it along with Glock pistol can be considered constructive possession of an SBR.

bohoki
04-14-2009, 7:13 PM
even if you also posses a 16 inch barrel?

PolishMike
04-14-2009, 7:15 PM
even if you also posses a 16 inch barrel?

remember, if you configured it that way you would NEVER be able to make it back into a pistol. You would also have to lock the mag.

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 7:17 PM
OK, if you also have a 16" glock barrel, constructive possession goes away since you ahve a legal use for it. But, remember that you would have to comply with Rifle AW regs as well.

bohoki
04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
remember, if you configured it that way you would NEVER be able to make it back into a pistol. You would also have to lock the mag.

yep tell that to mech tech

joelogic
04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Rifle = Fired from shoulder / Short = less than 16" barrel

I thought CA didnt have constructive possession. I can own a 7.5" upper without owning a pistol lower, right?

djleisure
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM

I thought CA didnt have constructive possession. I can own a 7.5" upper without owning a pistol lower, right?
No you can't.

Ducman
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM

WRONG!!!

does not matter if CA does not have constructive possesion, you will be anwsering at FEDERAL level. NFA rules apply. pls. do a search on this before you put yourself in trouble.

Quiet
04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
CA has constructive possession law for SBR.

Penal Code 12020
(c)(2) As used in this section, a "short-barreled rifle" means any of the following:
(A) A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(B) A rifle with an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(C) Any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(D) Any device which may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge which, when so restored, is a device defined in subparagraphs (A) to (C), inclusive.
(E) Any part, or combination of parts, designed and intended to convert a device into a device defined in subparagraphs (A) to (C), inclusive, or any combination of parts from which a device defined in subparagraphs (A) to (C), inclusive, may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

JeffM
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
CA has constructive possession law for SBR.

*snip*

Yup, Fed and State constructive possession applies for SBR.

But no constructive possession for CA AWs.

So Glock, plus 16" bbl, plus stock, but not assembled = legal (well, it would still be a CA SBR if the gun is under 26", and might be a Fed SBR because the stock is readily detachable and the "rifle" could be fired w/o the stock attached. This is why the Uzis with QD stocks need 19" barrels to still reach 26" w/o the stock) You might need a 20"+ barrel to make it legal on all fronts.

Be careful w/ NFA

Know the laws before mucking with stocks for pistols.