PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

D53
04-14-2009, 6:40 PM
Good times

ohsmily
04-14-2009, 6:45 PM
Ok so I know here is CA, I am not allowed to own a standard cap magazine since I was not legally old enough to own a AK style rifle before 2000.

:rolleyes: You could have bought mags for guns that you might someday have planned to own. There is no age limit to buy magazines. Hell, you could have been an infant and been given magazines by someone if you were born before 1/1/2000 and now legally been in possession. I was 18 in 1999 and purchased boxloads of high caps for handguns that i planned on purchasing when I turned 21. You didn't buy any?

Oh, one more thing, there is no law prohibiting possession of high capacity magazines.

As far as the way you store them, they are not assembled, they are not functional. It is fine.

StraightShooter
04-14-2009, 6:45 PM
I wouldnt, they are still assembled although rather poorly. And for future reference it is a bad idea to post pictures of something that is possibly illegal even though you have changed them back to being completely disassembled. According to the law just because they are legally disassembled now doesnt mean you didnt commit a crime. The second you assemble an illegal standard cap mag you have committed a crime regardles of whether it is disassembled now or not. Im not saying what you have done is illegal however its probably better to stay on the safe side.

ohsmily
04-14-2009, 8:11 PM
I wouldnt, they are still assembled although rather poorly. And for future reference it is a bad idea to post pictures of something that is possibly illegal even though you have changed them back to being completely disassembled. According to the law just because they are legally disassembled now doesnt mean you didnt commit a crime. The second you assemble an illegal standard cap mag you have committed a crime regardles of whether it is disassembled now or not. Im not saying what you have done is illegal however its probably better to stay on the safe side.

I think they were sufficiently disassembled. They would not function.

(for those of you who didn't see the thread before he deleted it, the floorplates were removed and the spring was sticking out the bottom.