PDA

View Full Version : Why dont you ever see POF 308 in the for sale forum?

supermario
04-14-2009, 7:27 PM
Why dont you ever see POF 308 in the for sale forum? I have seen just about every cool gun out there, from tommy gun pistols to 1919, AR's, Ak's, pistols, M1A's, every type of AR Variant except the POF 308.. Are they that rare or hard to get, or are they that great of a Rifle that nodoby wants to sell theirs?
I am just curious.

technique
04-14-2009, 7:29 PM
umm there are 3-4 POF receivers in 308 for sale as of yesterday in the FS area.

mvpatriot
04-14-2009, 7:31 PM
I think he means uppers/complete rifles
I love my 223 POF w/pred

supermario
04-14-2009, 7:32 PM
umm there are 3-4 POF receivers in 308 for sale as of yesterday in the FS area.

I meant a complete POF 308 rifle.. I have seen alot of POF lowers with various uppers and lowers by themselves.

technique
04-14-2009, 7:35 PM
I meant a complete POF 308 rifle.. I have seen alot of POF lowers with various uppers and lowers by themselves.

oh...okay. Damn and I just dug up the link to those lowers for you...:)

mvpatriot
04-14-2009, 7:38 PM
Many people dislike POF actually and end up selling them because of weight or other reasons. If you cant find POF, I would say look at ADDAX for a GPAR.

supermario
04-14-2009, 7:40 PM
oh...okay. Damn and I just dug up the link to those lowers for you...:)

thats cool, I am just wondering becus i am going to get my POF 308 soon and it took a year to get it.. I was just wondering why, and thats before Obama rush..

heycorey
04-14-2009, 8:12 PM
You just answered your own question. Relatively speaking, there aren't that many POF-308s out there. I placed an order for one when they first announced them. And after waiting a year to get it, I can't imagine why I'd want to sell it.

EBR Works
04-14-2009, 8:33 PM
I love mine and will never sell it.

DirtRacer151
04-14-2009, 9:13 PM
I love mine and will never sell it.

ditto....i aint sellin mine!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Addax
04-14-2009, 9:25 PM
No too many of the .308 models around (uppers) vs. 5.56.

technique
04-14-2009, 9:46 PM
No too many of the .308 models around (uppers) vs. 5.56.

I had a very early POF piston upper...I think it was what turned me off when it came to piston ARs...that thing was a POS!!!!!:mad: I understand they made some improvements since, what, i do not know. I hope their .308 uppers are better.

Addax 5.56 upper.....waaaaaaaayyyy better!!!! So OP if you decide to go that route..(5.56), give Addax a call. The way I see it right now, with lead times on uppers as they are and gouging that way it is for private re-sales on almost every board and auction site.....IIRC the last I read Addax is only 5-6week lead, and his price vs. a gouged DI upper...the argument of a piston system being just another bell or a whistle you pay extra for and don't really need, goes right out the window. I can probly pay less if not the same amount for a piston upper right now as I would for a DI....thanks to Addax for not gouging...his prices are still the the same (depending on your build ordered):thumbsup::)

supermario
04-14-2009, 9:48 PM
:D First the Diablo and now a POF308.. I going to be a happy camper. I think there needs to be more options out there for the gas piston on AR10 "style" platforms..

supermario
04-14-2009, 9:52 PM
I had a very early POF piston upper...I think it was what turned me off when it came to piston ARs...that thing was a POS!!!!!:mad: I understand they made some improvements since, what, i do not know. I hope their .308 uppers are better.

Addax 5.56 upper.....waaaaaaaayyyy better!!!! So OP if you decide to go that route..(5.56), give Addax a call. The way I see it right now, with lead times on uppers as they are and gouging that way it is for private re-sales on almost every board and auction site.....IIRC the last I read Addax is only 5-6week lead, and his price vs. a gouged DI upper...the argument of a piston system being just another bell or a whistle you pay extra for and don't really need, goes right out the window. I can probly pay less if not the same amount for a piston upper right now as I would for a DI....thanks to Addax for not gouging...his prices are still the the same (depending on your build ordered):thumbsup::)

I went with the POF becus they were only ones to offer it in 308cal.. Plus i read they are great shooters and Personally i think they look cool as hell:thumbsup: As for a 5.56 gas piston upper, that is next in line. I am going to have addax retrofit my LMT. ;) Plus i have the diablo which i LOVE!!! I know some people dont like the gas piston uppers but i do becus to be honest, I am lazy and dont clean my rifles very often. Thats why i love My Ak's.