PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to the Pala Range

breakwater
04-14-2009, 6:11 PM
Is it still open & ar freindly, would you recommend going there.

tazmanian devil dog
04-14-2009, 7:05 PM
Isn't that in the Cleveland National Forest?

GMG
04-14-2009, 7:17 PM
Sounds like that would be an Indian Reservation.

ARRRR-15
04-14-2009, 8:14 PM
Here is link to their site. You should be able to find all the info you need there.

http://www.ncsapala.com/index.html

I've been wanting to check it out, but never made it out there. If you go, let us know how it went.

slaaw
04-14-2009, 8:38 PM
Went there once last summer. Run by a few retirees and seemed somewhat disorganized. Inconsistent time interval between cease fires, just whenever one of them remembers. I prefer Angeles or Burro.

tmuller
04-15-2009, 7:44 AM
Only thing that has kept me from becoming a member is that recreational shooting is allowed on Friday and Monday only. Unfortunately I have a job that requires my presence during the week and my membership would be useless.

rbgaynor
04-15-2009, 9:31 AM
I shoot the USPSA and IDPA matches held there - very good facility for that. The Monday/Friday thing is a bit of a bummer and has kept me from getting a membership.

Axewound
04-15-2009, 10:12 AM
good range i go there to escape work on a monday or friday. very chill place to shoot and oll friendly

Jicko
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I love it there, one of the best long-range ranges down south here. Well setup targets all the way out to almost 900yds. Various distances have 2MOA targets and then a 1MOA target side-by-side, and this is perfect for one who try to establish the exact dope for various distances.

http://www.ncsapala.com/images/web-long-range-with-yds550.jpg

Best time to go to try it out is to go there on the 4th Sunday to attend the "high power" rifle match, and then shoot afterwards.... OR just get there around 11:30 - 12, to just shoot there..... same cost for the match + shooting... or just the shooting...

breakwater
04-15-2009, 3:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I just got back from the South Bay Rod & Gun Club Range, I was having a problem sighting in at first then with some help from a few of the members I got sighted in @ 50yrds hitting some bulleyes & nice groups. Nex time I need to pratice on my 100, 200 & then 300.

Here is a few targets:

glock_this
04-15-2009, 4:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I just got back from the South Bay Rod & Gun Club Range, I was having a problem sighting in at first then with some help from a few of the members I got sighted in @ 50yrds hitting some bulleyes & nice groups. Nex time I need to pratice on my 100, 200 & then 300.

Here is a few targets:

love that place. no one ever there in mass it seems (I go during the week mind you). last few times we went, a few old timers were there tending the place.

as for Pala.. odd times and cost have kept me from going. their website is kinda jacked up also.. anyone notice that?

slappomatt
04-15-2009, 5:17 PM
I used to shoot the silhouette matches there. 200-500 meters. They added a 600 meter line and I havent been back since. My 6mmBR was built for that match. Its a shame. Its fun to shoot. Just need a partner to shoot it with.