PDA

View Full Version : AK Raddlock OR Bullet Button for AK?

nobama
04-14-2009, 6:03 PM
For an AK, which is better, the Raddlock or Bullet Button? Which is easier to release a mag with? Also which is easier to install?

djleisure
04-14-2009, 6:09 PM
I think you might want to figure out the correct question first. I don't think there is a "bullet button" for AK's. There is either the Raddlock or the Jumbo Panda.

This was all just discussed recently in this thread - check it out!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=170496

Lateralus
04-14-2009, 6:11 PM
The Raddlock is a Bullet Button for the AK. It doesnt work the same as the AR Bullet Button. Use the search button.

nobama
04-14-2009, 6:17 PM
AK Bullet Button: http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=362

AK Raddlock: http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=659

Isnt there a difference?

djleisure
04-14-2009, 6:23 PM
Well, I stand corrected! :D
I've never seen that bullet button. Generally people use a Jumbo Panda or Raddlock... it looks like that bullet button does what the Raddlock does without the special Raddlock tool. I think the only problem with that bullet button is that it might get a little crowded in there with a bullet and then the spine of most AK mags. My vote is for the Raddlock, between those two.

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 6:24 PM
You should opt for the Jumbopanda non evasive lock for the ak, works as a bullet button

nobama
04-14-2009, 6:32 PM
Where can you buy the jumbo panda?

Frijolito1988
04-14-2009, 6:33 PM
Where can you buy the jumbo panda?

PM Jumbopanda :p

D53
04-14-2009, 6:34 PM
I have the rad lock and I hate the damn thing. I will soon be picking up a jumbo panda, if they are even avail. everytime I go to order one he is out.

shooterdave
04-14-2009, 7:15 PM
i would get the jumbopanda as it's easily reversible if you go out of state or decide to go featureless.

nobama
04-14-2009, 7:16 PM
is the jjperl one easy to reverse?

EBR Works
04-14-2009, 7:21 PM
is the jjperl one easy to reverse?

No, once you drill out the mag catch rivet to install the RaddLock or the JJPerl lock, it is not easy to reverse it. Reinstalling the mag catch spring is a royal PITA. Ask me how I know.

Go with the JumboPanda lock. Not pretty, but no mods to the weapon and removable in seconds when you go out of state.

I have tried all three, so I have first hand experience.

mcat707
04-14-2009, 7:33 PM
JumboPanda gets my vote. It should be in the Poll.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
04-14-2009, 7:40 PM
Jumbo Panda that's the One.

nobama
04-14-2009, 7:40 PM
Thanks for the info. The jumbo panda sounds good...do you think it could come loose easily though?

djleisure
04-14-2009, 7:42 PM
this is some serious deja vu... :rolleyes:

EBR Works
04-14-2009, 7:55 PM
Thanks for the info. The jumbo panda sounds good...do you think it could come loose easily though?

If you follow the installation instructions that JP provides and use blue Loctite, it will not come loose. It will come loose if you don't.

nobama
04-14-2009, 7:56 PM
lol sorry....let me ask it a different way...do you think it could be pulled off...if maybe a LEO was messing with it or something

EBR Works
04-14-2009, 7:57 PM
All that is needed to remove it is a hex wrench. If installed correctly, you cannot remove it without the tool.

Amacias805
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
lol. at least there no pictures of pandas holding aks in your post! lol

i just got a Jumbo panda. haven't installed it yet, but Jumbopanda is a calguns member and sells them for like about 34 bucks shipped, and they came to me in a few days. i think he still has some left.

but there are to things to consider as what was told to me.

Jumbo panda - wins for ease of use, and installation-de-installation (not sure if thats a word)

Radlock - wins for looks.

duraglock
04-15-2009, 7:02 PM
Guys my prototype ak lock is done and will go into full production before the end of the month.Will be able to post pictures by next week . Will be the best ak lock as far as fit function and looks. I have both of the locks mentioned and they both left something to be desired.

Jax Smirking Revenge
04-19-2009, 2:19 PM
My only question...BUT WILL IT WORK ON A SAIGA 7.62?

I have been having a hell of a time finding a mag lock for my unconverted Saiga. Are you the one to solve this?

Darklyte27
04-19-2009, 3:19 PM
JSR, you will need to look at the Saiga and AK alot closer. they are different

supersonic
04-19-2009, 4:51 PM
Watch out, though, on those JP "locks." They tend to be "HIT or "MISS" with different AK's. Try JJPERL's.:)

Darklyte27
04-19-2009, 6:27 PM
haha ya, dont use the big red button screwed out on a AR in CA

Jax Smirking Revenge
04-19-2009, 7:40 PM
JSR, you will need to look at the Saiga and AK alot closer. they are different

Yep...that's why I ask if it will work on a Saiga also. I am completely aware of the differences. I need a Saiga mag lock but can only find AK locks that require the trigger guard to be next to it. If something didn't need to mount to the trigger guard, it may work for a Saiga, hence, me asking the question.

supersonic
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
JumboPanda gets my vote. It should be in the Poll.

Even trhough I had a bad experience with the one I purchased, I agree. ALL the available locks should be up there to be fair & have more of a "comparison" of voter's likes & dislikes.:thumbsup:

Dr. Peter Venkman
04-20-2009, 12:49 AM
In Jumbo Panda we trust.

supersonic
04-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Guys my prototype ak lock is done and will go into full production before the end of the month.Will be able to post pictures by next week . Will be the best ak lock as far as fit function and looks. I have both of the locks mentioned and they both left something to be desired.

I can't wait to see this.:)

nobama
04-20-2009, 9:27 AM
Even trhough I had a bad experience with the one I purchased, I agree. ALL the available locks should be up there to be fair & have more of a "comparison" of voter's likes & dislikes.:thumbsup:

what was your bad experience? also, does anyone know how to edit a poll? i cant seem to figure it out.

supersonic
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
what was your bad experience? also, does anyone know how to edit a poll? i cant seem to figure it out.

The front radius on AK trigger guards can vary (like many other tolerances on AK-style rifles). With the JP, it appears to work with some, but not all. For example, on my Henderson -which is built off an NDS-3 receiver- the radius didn't "match," so the lock could not be snugged down permanently (or "for as long as you need it there") in a forward enough position so as to cover the mag release completely. "Completely" meaning : enough so that the paddle can't be activated with a finger. The more I would try to push it forward & tighten it, the more the JP would "creep" backwards and the retaining bolt would just grind the finish off the underside of the trigger guard. Another example that I've seen mentioned numerous times by different CG members is that a similar situation occurs with a lot of Saiga conversions.
Not sure how to edit a poll because I've never tried it. If you can't seem to make it work, just PM one of the mods & I'm sure they will be more than happy to help.:)
-Scott

Knight
04-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I have a jjperl on my AK, and it works fine. But if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with the jumbopanda.

supersonic
04-20-2009, 1:27 PM
I have a jjperl on my AK, and it works fine. But if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with the jumbopanda.

Those were the original "AK BULLET BUTTON," though.:thumbsup:

nobama
04-20-2009, 2:26 PM
I read that the jjperl is very difficult to install if the ak has a riveted pin? Does the Century AK47 have a riveted pin?