PDA

View Full Version : CA legal Uzi clones?

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 5:31 PM
Does anyone still make Uzi clones? It looks like an interesting gun to get if there would be an off list CA legal version.

Would an MMG work with the fixed stock?

http://www.geocities.com/commandervarun/smallarms/Uzis.jpg

I have never used an Uzi before, so I don't know if an MMG style grip would interfere with the controls. It looks like an MMG can be fitted so that it does not get in the way of the safety, but what about the mag release button?

Would anyone else be interested in getting an off list Uzi clone, or am I the only one? :p

dmckean44
04-14-2009, 5:50 PM
The magazine goes straight through the pistol grip. A MMG would not work.

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 6:34 PM
The magazine goes straight through the pistol grip. A MMG would not work.

So if a mag goes into the pistol grip, that means it is a pistol grip, even if it does not allow a "pistol style grasp" or sticks out? Thanks for the info, I did not know that. I thought it was only considered pistol grip if it allowed a "pistol style grasp".

Well, looks like an off list MMG Uzi clone is out of the question. :(

Sicarius
04-14-2009, 6:37 PM
I have seen people get ahold of the norinco wood stock and fill the thumb hole...
Kevin

Josh3239
04-14-2009, 6:37 PM
It has been done with the filled in thumbhole stock. Though you would need a permanent barrel extention or you'll end up with an SBR.

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 7:02 PM
It has been done with the filled in thumbhole stock. Though you would need a permanent barrel extention or you'll end up with an SBR.

While a small pic, I was thinking of something like this (notice extended barrel):

https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/catalog/uzipolyfxt.jpg

But with an MMG. But if an MMG type grip is not legal, then the only way to make it legal would be a bullet button type thing, correct?

Can you post a link to the filled thumbhole stock? If you can't find a pic, it is no big deal.

wilit
04-14-2009, 7:07 PM
You'd probably have better luck building a pistol through the NRF process rather than a CA legal rifle.

Josh3239
04-14-2009, 7:14 PM
I looked around but I cannot find the pics. There was a member with one but he got banned, I know his name was Tony something but I can't find him. You could try shooting 69Mach1 a PM, he may have a picture.

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 7:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I don't really like the idea of an Uzi pistol because it would probably be really heavy and odd without the stock, and I am not 21 yet. :p

Amacias805
04-14-2009, 9:39 PM
if the other requirements were met... such as barrel and overall length requirements were met.

couldn't someone modify it with a locking magazine?

Edit: and that the gun wasnt listed!

jamesob
04-14-2009, 9:45 PM
a bb is easy to make for uzi clones. here is how i did mine.
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/STAYZ1/JAMES%20NORINCO/?action=view&current=guns044.jpg

entgunguy
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
try the 45 acp grease gun version with the solid buttstock from vectorarms. they are back in business. it does not have the pistol grip safety that the 9mm has. you can then wrap a kydex fin around the pistol grip. therefore no evil features other than a detachable magazine. you don't need a bullet button and you can use high cap mags- assuming you own some grease gun magazines.

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
a bb is easy to make for uzi clones. here is how i did mine.
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/STAYZ1/JAMES%20NORINCO/?action=view&current=guns044.jpg

That is indeed nice. But I prefer MMG over BBs. I'd rather have function over looks. But that is a really nice looking rifle. :43:

try the 45 acp grease gun version with the solid buttstock from vectorarms. they are back in business. it does not have the pistol grip safety that the 9mm has. you can then wrap a kydex fin around the pistol grip. therefore no evil features other than a detachable magazine. you don't need a bullet button and you can use high cap mags- assuming you own some grease gun magazines.

.45 would cost too much for me. :p Nice to know Vector arms is back is business.

haodoken
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Ask UCLAPlinker regarding UZIs he had a CA legal one before. He welded the collapsible stock open and made a custom BB for it. The UZI did have a 16" barrel IIRC. Hope this helps.

JeffM
04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Ask UCLAPlinker regarding UZIs he had a CA legal one before. He welded the collapsible stock open and made a custom BB for it. The UZI did have a 16" barrel IIRC. Hope this helps.

He bought that one from jamesob who posted pics of it above. I wish I would have seen the for-sale add sooner. It would have been mine!

Amacias805
04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
.45 would cost too much for me. :p Nice to know Vector arms is back is business.

thats the problem with "evil black rifles" they cost to much!

but when you say that it would be too much are you referring to the gun, or the ammo?

tonelar
04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
I think he means that .45 ammo is more $ than 9.

PRK Arms has (or had) Uzi carbines CA legal. Also, with a solid stock the Uzi makes minimum length.

JeffM
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I think he means that .45 ammo is more $ than 9.

PRK Arms has (or had) Uzi carbines CA legal. Also, with a solid stock the Uzi makes minimum length.

They also had a vector uzi pistol when I was there about a week ago.

Flogger23m
04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't have enough money for the rifle now and won't for a while, I was just wondering if there were ways to get CA legal Uzi clones. Looks like some did manage to bring some into the state in legal form. :thumbsup: Its nice to know there are stores selling them here to.

.45 also costs quite a bit more than 9mm, and I don't like the idea of a .45 Uzi. I'd like to keep it as close to the originals as possible.

Quiet
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
A MMG or filled in thumbhole stock will also need to disable the grip safety on the Uzi.

69Mach1
04-15-2009, 12:31 AM
There are currently only two UZI's that are not marked with the banned name of "UZI". The Group Industries "UZI" and the Norinco 392 "UZI". CA legal if configured correctly. Here's a pic of a filled Norinco thumbhole stock. It also presses down on the grip safety to deactivate it.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC03409.jpg

With no other banned features, you can now have det. mags.

aplinker
04-15-2009, 1:55 AM
I'm actually using either both a barrel extension with a collapsible stock or a welded open stock.

Glad jamesob posted a pic of his BB. He did an excellent job and it works very well - simple, effective, ingenious.

Note mach's statement about having to fix the grip safety when using a MMG-style stock.