View Full Version : Lower Parts Kit Specs

04-14-2009, 3:02 PM
I'm trying to build up a quality AR15 for High Power competition. I am spending a good deal on a quality upper and lower. I've also procured a White Oak Tuned RRA 2-stage trigger.

I am concerned with the quality of my Fulton Armory LPK. Does anyone have experience with their kits? Are parts specifications available on the internet to check pin size, etc?

Would I be better off getting an RRA or Armalite LPK? If not these, can you suggest a brand? Who makes lower parts for government contracts? Does the quality of the LPK even matter? Thanks,

04-14-2009, 3:53 PM
I have a LPK from Fulton armory installed on my 5.56 build that works well. I did however install FNS anti-rotational pins (.155), and polished the inner workings of my FCG.
If you have a nice trigger assembly (which you say you do) the only other parts in the LPK are the roll pins, bolt catch, safety selector, springs, detents and grip. All of which I doubt would be a major concern in function regardless of manufacturer. All my parts fit like a glove (minus the hammer, and trigger pins, and grip which I did not use on my build).

04-14-2009, 5:43 PM
I have ust a plain old DPMS kit in my AR Service Rifle..... Jewel trigger... Parts is parts as far as I'm concerned in the lowers.